Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who has covid? Nov 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Day 7, started coughing yesterday and still having a runny nose.

im also having difficulty pooping, guess that’s the painkillers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

There is no right or wrong behaviour when it comes to a highly contagious, airborne virus. People need to let go of the idea that it's somehow a moral failing to get sick. you'd never apply it to any other virus so why this one? Its not your fault that vaccines and masks dont actually do much to protect you against catching covid. Suppose that's what 2+ years of non stop propaganda does to you

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Deiselurker

I did an antigen test today and got positive. I had slight sore throat and felt tired and didn't feel up tobworking so said would do the test. I don't feel too bad, similar to normal cold/ virus that you'd get once or twice a year anyway. Fingers crossed it doesn't get any worse although having to stay in house next 7 days isn't good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Thanks.

I tried that and it came back positive immediately, with an extremely dark positive line.

At least I know now for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Mecanudo

Its not your fault that vaccines and masks dont actually do much to protect you against catching covid

Except few are wearing masks, restrictions are now largely removed and we know vaccines work best to stop the majority of people getting seriously ill or needing hospitalisation. That we have a rise in cases is hardly rocket science considering.

Aye the only propaganda is the usual guff about how it was all a big conspiracy or whatever

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Day 2 (24 hours after testing positive)

Slept terrible last night, woke up with sore throat, mild headache, stuffy nose, pain in top of my upper gums, in general feel a bit weaker. Back pain is mostly gone though but overall I feel worse than yesterday.

Definitely feels worse than a cold, closer to the flu at present, but we'll see if it gets any worse.

The BA2 variant is on the rampage and it lives and replicates in the gut. So that may cause back pain, nausea, vomiting and Diarrhoea. Lungs aren’t affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭Deeec

Just curious would a nasal/throat swab antigen pick this variant up if it lives in the gut. My kids had these symptoms last weekend but antigens were negative,

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Jafin

First 2-3 days seem to be the worst, or at least that was the case for me and the people I know who got it anyway. I think my second night was the worst of it for me. I kept waking up on the hour every hour. Hope you feel better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Several negative antigens with the nasal swab.

Tried the throat swab as advised. Immediately came back positive with an extremely dark line.

Yesterday wasn't too bad, but I feel horrendous today. Throat is like a razor blade, a dry cough which doesn't seem to be shifting a build up of phlegm, and there's a little bit of blood coming up at times (which I will admit is worrying). The throat is so sore it's almost physically impossible to eat and stay hydrated. Uncontrollable shivers all night and day (so far),

Mrs Brent has tested positive today too and she is the opposite in the sense that she is drowning in sweat and can't get cool!

We are both double vaccinated and boosted and maybe it's just recency bias, but it really does feel the sickest we have been for as long as we can remember.

Fingers crossed it starts to get better, because the thoughts of this getting worse is tough to stomach!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭hopgirl

After two years I tested positive on Tuesday. So far its very mild like a mild head cold. I have no aches or pains so far. I sounded like a head cold that seems to have gone now and my nose is not blocked anymore. I have still got a bit of a cough tho. My family was/is worried as I had only got the two vaccines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭Northernlily

I was convinced I was off to meet my maker for a period on Tuesday night as I struggled to breathe and today I'm absolutely fine. As quick as it came on it cleared up.

By a distance, the sickest I've probably ever been. I never get colds or flus in the normal seasonal stuff.

Finally had a normal ish bowel movement today but I feel exceptionally tired.

Was supposed to go back to work today but that’s not happening any time soon

Not sure how much more I can take of this.

After sleeping for 3/4 hours I got up and had a shower and I feel like I’ve run a marathon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I too joined the club. Felt like crap Monday, figured it was just from the weekend. Slept a lot on Monday but tested negative. Tuesday I was tired, had a headache and slept a couple of hours during the day, but still tested negative. I tested positive (v faint line on a nasal swab) Wednesday and today I was much the same - 2/3 hour naps, completely fatigued, serious brain fog as well. I was going from hot to cold, raspy cough etc. Had a 3 hour sleep today and woke up still tired, but about 2 hours later I was fine, went from being barely able to get off the couch this morning to being out in the garden working away in the afternoon and at the moment I feel completely normal - hopefully on the far side of it now

Day 3 (48 hours after testing positive)

Day 1 I'd have described it as worse than a cold but not as bad as flu, yesterday I'd have described it as close to the flu, today I would describe it as certainly a flu, but a fairly moderate one.

Woke up with a banging headache, constantly having to clear my throat, using far more tissues since I woke up than yesterday and a cough seems to be developing. Tested positive with a massive thick red line so it's clearly well hold of me now.

I've had three vaccines and hate to think what it would be like if I hadn't have had any. It's not fun and for all those people saying it is nothing really are wrong.

I was working from home Wednesday and Thursday, but today I've agreed with my boss to do a half day as not feeling that great.

Really not feeling good this afternoon, rest of my body feels a bit weaker, constantly having to clear my throat and it feels like a bit of light pressure between back of my throad and top of my chest. I can still breathe okay, but feels a bit weird.

I found lying on my side helped with the feeling of pressure on the chest.

I still feel weak, tired. Sometimes short of breath, though no struggle with breathing.

I don't feel as sick as earlier this week, but I'm still not right.

Still testing positive as of today. I didn't expect that to change but I thought I'd check.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I've been testing neg the last few days. So less the a week +.

Still feel a bit under the weather but not too bad over all. Rough first 36 hours and then just standard cold/after flu unpleasantness.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,894 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

avoided it til now, dont generally get ill very often, kids have had it and my wife but i never picked it up.

Symptoms since last friday and tested positive on Monday, pretty much a light flu, was able to work etc but felt a bit tired in the evenings, had a persistent cough for 2-3 days, all symptoms gone now and managed a 6k run this morning.

Light dose in my case, have been vaccinated.

Thanks, helps a tiny bit, I had ordered an oximeter off Amazon, they were due to deliver today to me in UK but they had to cancel as they are short on drivers.

Meanwhile local pharmacy is also closed due to lack of staff and taxi drivers are being asked to pick patients up due to shortage of ambulance drivers.

Totally mad here, apparently 4.2m people have COVID this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

Ive friends experiencing it at the moment and they are finding it tough. One has breathing difficulties but its the one with underlying conditions Im worried about.

There also seems to be a depression that has come with it among some I know :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭Northernlily

My symptoms started Saturday, tested positive Sunday. Overnight Tuesday/Wednesday morning the worst will all symptoms.

Today I'm fine but just the no taste and severe brain fog left. Still testing positive. Was trying to focus today on spreadsheets and it was impossible. No clarity of thought. Hopefully them last items clear up over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I just got over it 12 days since first symptom of a slight sore throat which was exactly 10 weeks after I got my Moderna booster which is the efficacy drop off point with the booster

It developed into something similar to a heavy cold but with a quite a number of spells short of breath, aside from the breathing issues everything else felt just like some of the viral crap you picked up pre-2020

Nearly everyone I know who has had covid recently is taking about 10 days to clear the virus then I'm reading reports today that the government are planning to reduce the isolation period down 5 days so don't know what to think

From what I read you can still test positive, have some symptoms, yet not be contagious after a certain time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Finally succumbed after 2 years. On day 7 at this stage - got headachey watching six nations last Saturday night. Had two antigen (nasal swabs) Sunday morning - both positive and then pcr later that day - also positive.

So for 6 days I’ve had fatigue, blocked nose, aches and pains, nausea, no appetite, sore throat and cough in the mornings but wears off during the day - seriously tired - sleeping most of the days. I’m still positive by the nasal swab -work for myself in a health clinic - closed clinic all week and now moved Mondays patients.

I’m not as sick now as I was when first diagnosed but I cannot kill it off, no energy.

I’ve been tripled vaccinated and never felt so sick in my life and I’ve had pneumonia before.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭orlaxxx

In my early twenties - tested positive last Sunday on an antigen after being a close contact on St Patrick’s day.

Very little symptoms was a little tired and slightly blocked nose on Thursday but went for a 10K step walk today with no effects whatsoever.

Boosted since mid January

• Advertisement

Day 9, had to call out of hours GP last night because I couldn’t control the pain in my sinuses. Got steroids, antibiotics and different painkillers

Advertisement