Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who has covid? Nov 2021

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Just a tip for those with it.

Rest up - really you won't get back the expended energy so hold what you have.

Drink loads and loads of water.

If your nose or throat is blocked then don't snort or ingest the phlegm. Blow that **** out. Bring plenty of tissue. Even the smallest amount of phlegm or snot- get it out. Not in.

Masturbate as much as you can. Kinda sweats it out in a non aerobic way.

Make sure you eat plenty of food. Your body needs energy to fight it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Agree with this 100%. I really need to clean my house after 10 days of this but worried I’ll smother my chest and as well as expending energy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,398 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Finally caught up on me too after two years. Antigen came up positive as I knew it would. Symptoms were/are very dry sore throat, aches and pains in body and general just weakness and lack of appetite.

This wave seems to be clearing out anyone that don’t get it the past few years…

I feel pretty good today, plenty of energy.

My lungs feel weak though. They've been through a war.

Hopefully it means I'm on the rise now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Walked half a mile to the shop and sane back with a break for coffee when I was there and slept for 2 hours when I got home.

Who said this was a cold?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭JP100

If you had a really bad cold or the flu for that matter, you would barely be able to get out of bed never mind be out and about in town, having coffees and walking over half a mile to the shops. It's hysterics like yours that attempts to unduly worry others who have not yet had Covid more than they actually need to be worried about catching it once vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,527 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If you had been paying attention to the thread you will see it is Day 10 for this poster.

So maybe spare us the ranting when you cant even read 1 page worth of the thread. The only poster working themselves into hysterics appears to be you.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

It's hysterical nonsense that then unnecessarily worries some people. In terms of his energy levels in particular, he simply has post viral fatigue and which is par for the course with many viruses we've always had to deal with and long before Covid-19 itself ever came along either.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,527 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I thought you said if it was bad cold they wouldnt be doing those things?

Do you think the level of post viral fatigue is par for the course with a cold as for covid?

I think I speak for the vast majority if the people following this thread when I say the only hysterical nonsense is coming from you. Jumping down the throat of a poster for saying after Day 10 this isnt comparable with a cold in their experience!

Apparently its hysterical nonsense and unduly worrying people to say this has hit them harder than a cold.

I dont know what agenda you are trying to push here but you arent going to persuade anyone shouting hysterical nonsense in every post.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

to be fair any time I have had the flu I got post viral fatigue. Its normal to feel this tired after a virus, not just Covid. It can last for weeks.

It's a shame my experience is offending you so much. Maybe it's time to give the internet a break.

I can only report what I feel. If that offends you, I suggest you put me on your ignore list or something.

No need to get emotional and write a voluminous rant.

Anyway, my energy is a bit mixed today. I walked around the block today but felt a bit dizzy so I cut it short. Still feel a bit of heaviness in the lungs 🫁.

Definitely improved since yesterday.

Caught up with me yesterday,26th. Thursday lunchtime fine.....came on me during the afternoon.....by dinnertime sweating like a horse after grand national. 5AM Friday...antigen test POSITIVE / not surprised really. I'm really puzzled by where I got it though.....last2 yrs I was best boy in class for hand washing/ masks/ no crowds etc. Double vaccine plus booster.....still, there you go. Apart from headache symptoms not too bad......like lots of posters commenting...fatige is a BIG ONE. Took best dogs in Ireland out for just half an hour today .... came back & went into deep coma on sofa for over an hour. No issue with appetite.....eating like a horse. For first time ever I'm going to get value out of Netflix subscription

@odyssey06 It's hysteria driven as is your over the top response. I had Covid myself a few weeks back. I had similar symptoms and for a similar duration as to what the poster themselves are describing. Ultimately I was fine, as I'm sure the poster in question will be fine too the same way that Covid-19 is also now ultimately mild for the vast vast majority of people at this stage of the pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Pretty sure people were dismissing Alpha when it was around too..

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Everyone's experience is different. After all this time, do you not understand that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

The poster said he felt it was worse than a cold. You're the only one getting hysterical.

Obvious trolls are obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Mazzy Star

Tested positive Thursday.

Absolutely fine bar a blocked nose and a slightly funny feeling in my throat

Nothing else wrong with me. I guess being triple vaxed makes all the difference.

Think I caught it in the Olympia Tuesday night, my mate who was with me also has it but is a bit sicker than me.

That's good you can kinda "nail down" the source.........im totally baffled where I contracted it....not a clue...... anyhow, it is what it is, I often hear people bitching& whinging that there's nothing good on Netflix..... now that I got time to do some serious watching I tend to agree....nowt much good on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Anjobe

Tested positive today for the 2nd time. After 2 years working from home was back in the office for a couple of days last week, 3 of my colleagues (that I know of) have now tested +ve.

So far just a blocked nose and a few aches and pains. Last time was just a tickly cough for a couple of days then a bit tired and achy for another couple. Hoping for something similarly mild this time🤞🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 19,398 ✭✭✭✭road_high

The sore throat with it felt/feels pretty odd. Very dry with little phlegm, kind Uc like I’d imagine having a blunt razor blade stuck down there. The initial fever felt like the reaction I had post the vaccine/S so I knew it was it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Tested positive Wednesday, this thread has really helped me, laughter is definitely the best medicine.

Advertisement