Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seplos BMS

Options
1303132333436»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭The devils

No problem

Not at all sold on about 6 days. I was nearly sorry this morning though 🙈🙈

Facebook market place

Donedeal

Adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭olympicweights

Order placed for 16* 305Ah cells & battery cable pack (NKON) and Seplos Mason Kit (Fogstar).

No going back now......

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭buzz11

So they added a plate to the base of the case, very obviously needed... luckily offgridgarage called them out on it

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭zoom_cool

I have a Seplos BMS V3.0 with Active balance Board but when I switch on the Active Balance board a blue light comes on the active switch for about 30 seconds and switches off and I don't see any balancing happening in DEV Studio. The cell difference from Max to Min Cell Voltage is about 150mV.

Can somebody explain what is suppose to happen should I see the Active balancer working in DEV Studio?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Eleusis

No help from seplos via documentation yet and no videos online by anyone on the way the v.3.0 active balancer works.

Mine stays on for longer than 30 seconds though. I think it's meant to stay on for 24 hours. My deviation is max 8mv in each of 4 batteries. It's mostly around 4mv. Until I find out more info myself, this is the way I'm using it.

Turn on when batteries are floating. Leave on for as long as I can until solar gone and then start to drain again. Then manually turn it off(hold button in for 5-6 seconds). I believe from my limited knowledge so far that if the balancer is on when it is not floating or close to full it will actually imbalance them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

At what voltage (either cell or pack) are you trying to balance at?

You should only be trying to balance when cells are above 3.4v

Pack is at 55v

My understanding is it won't do balancing till difference is above 50mV it's a bit crazy that you need to be watching the batteries going into float as the Active Balancer is connected to BMS so should be automatic it seems to be badly implemented.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

Does anybody know where to install the 4 x temperature sensors while using a 16s2p setup?

Do these need to be extended or will they screw with their resistance?

Also should the tops be crimped onto a ring?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I have that setup and just placed them between two cells equidistant, I did not connect to terminals, I just used a bit of thermal paste and good tape, all good over a year later

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
Advertisement