Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seplos BMS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Yes this is normal. Once one of your cells reaches capacity it's voltage increases rapidly. Since your overvoltage cutoff is 60A it is more likely that one of your cells is hitting the monomer overvoltage and causing the charging to stop. I'm not sure why it isn't respecting the 56.5V overvoltage protection setting. Maybe because you have the protection switch disabled?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

It's the battery not coming out of standby that needs that intermittent charging setting turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭buzz11

Has anyone a DC power supply that they'd be willing to lend? I want to top balance newly arrived cells, I can make the shipping as easy as possible, maybe a prepaid label or courier pickup, whichever works best.

Cheers 👍️

edit; cancel that, I see they are super cheap to buy online.

Post edited by buzz11 on

• Registered Users Posts: 15 wolfbang

@garo It has been about 3 weeks or so since I got the firmware update and applied the recommendations proposed by yourself and @Clf and everything is working perfectly. Since updates I was able to reduce over voltage to 57v in inverter and I no longer see the spike. Very happy with how it is working and thanks to you and @Clf for the help.

I am not getting shading on some of my panels for the last week or so now that the sun is low. Now investigating if it is worth getting optimizes or not for those panels 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭championc

Don't both with optimizers. In fact, look at your output and compare, and I am quite sure you'll see that there is feck all difference

Bypass diodes are there for a reason !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 wolfbang

That is what I taught. I taught I would have little to worry about but for example yesterday, a cold but beautiful sunny day, once the shading was hitting the panels I was only getting as low as 200Ws on a 10x420W array. I have photos of the shading and output from the solis cloud that can be overlayed to show the corresponding drop with the shading. I wonder is there anywhere more suitable I could post the pictures to discuss further. I am conscious that this thread is for Seplos BMSs and not for shading issues :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭championc

Optimizers were used when one panel out of an entire array gets shaded - not for when the whole array is shaded.

What I meant was that you look at the output when they are ALl in sunshine vs when they are all in sunshine as maybe one is affected by a shade that passes over the array

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Rob99

Now I have my two Seplos batteries hooked up to my Sunsynk 8kW inverter and have done the charge/discharge cycle to calibrate the capacity, to maintain battery condition I'm going to use a charge rate of around 0.5C but also want to limit the minimum/maximum SOC levels to avoid the "knee" at either end of the cell charge/discharge curve.

What would be the ideal settings to use in the BMS/Inverter? Is it just a simple case of setting inverter limits to say a range of 15-95% or should I aim for something slightly lower? If I set the %SOC in the inverter do I then just leave the BMS settings as the defaults?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

Hi all,

I've been disconnected from boards for a while. I got multiple Seplos couple years ago and they've been running fine. In one of the setup I've changed inverter to Deye and seplos does not want to work properly with it. Charging from grid works fine but discharging is acting weird. Seplos is in reboot cycle and I'm seeing F21 errors. Seplos on 2.9 firmware but I've seen 16.1 which has more CAN protocols that include Deye. Any help appreciated.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

What is the current CAN settings you are using for the seplos?

Is the errors on the deye side or the seplos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Scoopsire

Where's best to purchase Seplos BMS from? Frogstar have stock but they're UK based which is a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭S'

I’ve a Seplos 10e Bluetooth 150a BMS.. Never used, new in box.

€180 delivered. PM if interested.

They are €220 on AliExpress and take a few weeks on delivery

11.2kWp E/W split arra. Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭DC999

No harm to plonk that on the renewable for sale thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

Errors were on deye side but I think hat was related to wrong CAN setting. On seplos CAN is set to Sofar. on Deye Lithium mode set to 00  SHEnergy.

The battery works fine in dumb mode. Also it does charge fine in Lithium mode but only when needs to discharge seplos starts rebooting.

I see that new v3 seplos has more options for CAN protocols.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Scoopsire

Thanks for that, currently looking at getting version 3 which has active balancing

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Rob99

I understand that the v3 active balancer is a seperate element and not automatically included with the BMS so make sure you also specify the active balancer when you order the BMS.

the inverter shouldnt be causing the bms to restart.. I dont think so anyway. there is rs485 on that port and the seplos port too, so possibly could you make a cable from seplos to deye that only has pins 4 and 5 connected (generally the blue and blue/white) to eliminate that posibilty

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭jumpin jack

I'm totally confused. Would anyone know the DIP Switch settings to get 4 280Ah battery packs connected?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Sligobuck

Master at Top, all the diagrams are in the User Manual

Thank you for such a quick response!

I have one more question. 2 of the battery packs are the old BMS 10 C type and 2 are the new Bluetooth BMS 10 E, is it OK to parallel this type of combination?

Many thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Sligobuck

No problem running Mason packs in parallel, if all your connections and settings are OK then you should see the total installed capacity on your Inverter.

Off-Grid Garage videos on YouTube should help in setting up different Seplos version and size packs if you run into problems.

Thank you so much Sligobuck 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ddonq1412

I have a seplos 200amp bms 16 280ah cells and a NEEY active balancer. I charged 11kw to cells over night when the balancer starts working it will put the cells back at zero for SOC. voltage of cells all in 3.3v range. i have to start a time charge to get the battery to 100% SOC to use it. There has to be a problem with setup what should i be looking at.

When is the active balancer set to start/stop

Eg 3.4 -3.5v? No point balancing at 3.3x

Have you turned off balancing on the seplos?

One tip I have is to do a false float, eg try and do a charge voltage of 3.45*16 and once all cells are at 3.45, start increasing the voltage.

No idea how to do it on the seplos but it's a starting point.

thanks the neey is set to kick in at 3.45v when i am watching it at 4 amps on the battery monitor software if seems to pull the voltage of a cell to 2.9v. that might explain the why the battery is putting the soc to zero. I do use a solis inverter if that makes any difference. passive balancing is turned off as i thought that would conflict with it.

I've finished building my seplos mason battery and am ready to follow this charge/discharge but I'm lost already, what does '0.5c charging current' mean? and is that on the inverter settings (solis) or bms?

What battery type do I set in the inverter? lead acid or user defined and where do I find all the right details for those settings?

TIA🙏

I've been researching, my battery max capacity is 200Ah x 0.5 = 100A so I'll change the charge limit on the solis inverter to 100Ah

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mcmorrowg

Hi, does anyone know the current version of the seplos v2.0 BMS? Mine is v16.6

What is the correct profile I should be using to charge the cells with my seplos bms. Solis hybrid inverter have currently on the plyontech LV profile. The neey was to trigger when a cell hits 3.450 and run to 3.430. have been told that is wrong but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

• Advertisement

That is the most recent v2 BMS version.

Advertisement