Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't want a "3rd" vaccine

Options

Comments

When did Pfizer/AZ say their vaccine was a single only dose, OP?

Whospers, you may have just killed the thread. A perfect model of the new boards AH thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

I still don't know what this thread is about OP, but anyway, there's my bit to accommodate you. And you can count the fingers.

Edit: After reading your posts here, think that's the only proper answer imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭head82

Been following this thread with great interest in the hope that some degree of balance might prevail. It hasn't happened.

In fact, I'm quite shocked at the vitriol levelled against the OP for what I would have thought a not unreasonable query / point of view.

Probably the most shocking of all was the comment that this individual has a drink problem because the only reason he accepted the vaccine was because he wanted to gain access to a pub.

A man complys with regulations ( even though same regulations conflict with his personal stance regarding vaccinations ) just so he can sit indoors and have a pint and all of a sudden he's labeled an alcoholic.. FFS!

I assume this vaccination compliance also applys to those who receive the vaccine only to enable them to get on a plane and travel foreign as someone who has a problem with 'holidaying in Ireland'.

Or to gain access to a restaurant as.. 'what, can you not cook for yourself?'

And anyone that claims they're receiving the vaccine for the sole purpose of, " well it's for the betterment of society so that we can all get back to normal" is talking out of their sanctimonious 'we're all in this together' arse!

And as for these type of comments, 'just take your medicine like a good lad'.. sweet Jesus!

If I thought there was an element of sarcasm or joviality to them, well.. fine.

But I don't believe there is. I honestly think the majority of people follow this line of thought. The OP made a comment that these people "were in the minority". He's mistaken.. this is increasingly becoming the predominant attitude. Not just on this thread but across the board. It's despairing.

"I'm not an Anti Vaxxer but" .. I would seriously consider joining their ranks if I thought for one moment it would knock some of these unquestioning, nose-led people from their high moral ground.

I don't know to what degree posters on Boards reflect everyday society but if here is any indication, this is not a society I want to have any part in protecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

To be honest OP did the job himself. It's not enough just to follow the thread, you have to read it as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

• Registered Users Posts: 19,056 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Imagine volunteering to go to a fairly crowded building, surrounded yourself with thousands of strangers daily, in the middle of a pandemic, to do your bit for society to help with the rollout of a very important vaccination program and then find that you are having to waste valuable time and energy on an ungrateful punter who is moaning about policy decisions and why there should be a special exception made just for them.

We should all be very very grateful to the staff and volunteers at those centres. They are the ones that will get us back to normality.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

A great post, although I would strongly disagree that the opinions here are that of the majority of the public. I don't know anybody in the real world who buys into the NPHET loyal nonsense being spouted here. I honestly don't know a single person who believes that the government/ NPHET have been entirely transparent regarding this whole crisis. An objective approach on the whole crisis doesn't mean you believe in reptillians, Bill Gates and the 5G stuff either. It just means you can spot a dodgy report and cooked maths when you see them.

My personal favourite so far is the stance that nurses administering the vaccines don't really need to know anything about vaccine schedules and it's a bit arrogant to think that they should.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

You are correct that they publicly stated that a single dose would do following recovery from a positive CT-PCR test at 45 cycles. I'm not sure why there's such hostility to you.

This abhorrent so-called "government" is so fundamentally dishonest, and we know nothing of long-term effects so I have prescribed zero doses to myself and will not tolerate loss of freedom for that. An Emergency Use Authorisation is not a licensed product either.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Spiderman0081

Don’t get ahead of yourself there. Fair City and Love Island are extremely popular. Those that lived in caves were no doubt a lot sharper.

• Advertisement

Indeed. The TLDR version of this whole thread is-

The government announced to great fanfare and media attention that infection plus 1 vax= done. They then quietly reneged on this, and staff either aren't aware it ever happened or fob off the query.

Thinking that this is all a bit odd has you in the Gemma and Waters camp with these lads here.

You don't need to get any vaccine if you don't want to. You can also choose to only get one shot if you want.

If you want the digital cert, which is an EU coordinated program, then you have to fulfill the qualifying rules.

You, and about 50 others here, really don't get it do you.

I will get the 2nd. Primarily because life won't be worth living without it in terms of access to x y and z.

I am baffled as to how the biggest news story on April 27th, or whatever date it was, was that infection plus 1 jab = done. I am curious as to a- why this was dropped/ never implemented and b- what changed in the science to say infection plus 1 shot was no longer good enough.

The childlike Santa- esque fascination some people here seem to have with NPHET and spoofers like Stephen Donnelly and Harris is staggerng.

Although my favorite takeaway remains the commonly held opinion here that nurses don't really need to know the ins and outs of the task they're given and it's a bit rude to expect them to have read their manual (because, as one person pointed out here, it is in their manual)

What you don't seem to get is that the digital cert is an EU initiative with a uniform set of EU-wide rules. Nothing to do with NPHET of Stephen Donnelly. The Irish government or relevant Irish bodies would have had some input into it, but as one of 27 voices.

So was Ireland an outlier when it announced in late April infection plus 1 jab= done? Was it pulled in by the EMA or whoever?

Least they could have done is publicly rescinded it rather than finding out in the vaccination centre from nurses unaware of their own brief.

They never announced what you appear to have think they announced. They basic idea was, at that point in time (remember that vaccines were still scarce), that they wouldn't be prioritizing using up a second shot on healthy under 50's with no underlying conditions who had recovered from covid in the previous 6 months.

Nothing about anything being "done" forevermore. Would your digital cert not state you recovered within the last 6 months anyway? So for the cert to be valid you didn't actually need one shot, never mind two, while that 6-months-from-recovery was applicable.

Once the 6 months are up, then you are back to needing two shots, or trying to lick doorknobs until you catch it again to try to get another 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Wha wha wha wha whaa whaaa..... Wha.

Over 70 percent now double vacinated. Your opinion flies in the face of reality.

People are dying in hospital beds all over the US right now having picked up the delta variant and regretting their life choices leaving Familes behind.

Good luck. Take the second one or don't. Personally I've given up on folks like yourself.

I'm not on about the vaccine uptake.

I'm on about diddling figure (died with Covid vs of Covid). I'm on about diddling hospitalisation figures to include asympotamatic people who test positive in hospital. I'm on about the report that put the September surge down solely to pubs.

If you think the general public by and large believe most of the narrative we have been given around Covid you either don't get out much or you're in NPHET youself.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The general public has some of the highest if not highest vacine uptake in Europe.

How many times do you have to be wrong to start questioning you're own opinion.

Im assuming you've an endless bucket load of nonsense responses to fire back.

Incidentally you've found me out. I'm the master behind nphet policy. I like to spend my bank holiday down time finding loopy opinions on the net and responding. It's part of my 7 figure salary remit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Covid vaccination, in whatever configuration required, is nothing more than a vital public health provision delivered free to every citizen. Show up and get protected, its that simple.

It is a distasteful irony therefore, that many who decry the drive to maximise vaccination are the same ones who soap-box endlessly about the 'failure' of the state to provide free public healthcare. Peter Tobin Aontu a case in point.

If you want to excerise your individual freedom with regard to your own health, thats just fine by me. Opt out entirely though. Skip the free vaccine, but buy your own ventilator and hire your own staff to operate it when the time comes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

It was a joke, should be obvious really, even if not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭growleaves

If you think that any doctor or nurse is going to refuse to treat a sick person because they didn't follow a dictate you are dreaming. 'Its that simple' to use your own phrase.

Have you read the responses on this thread???

Nothing is to be taken for granted

• Registered Users Posts: 16,457 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The Simpsons also predicted this:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Ravendale

Where there goes the whole gender equality, stupid women eh, what would they know about researching and making informed choices? beggars belief

• Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that crooked cockney villain is a fan of gript.ie 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 23,447 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

So you don't want another jab because the govt promised you two jabs?

I'm struggling to understand the logic employed. This is an evolving situation that no govt anywhere is able to promise anybody anything.

If you are going to need a booster, you'll need a booster. It has nothing to do with the govt. It's to do with the evolution of the virus and the response to it to protect you and everyone else.

Listen to health professionals at the end of the day.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Listen to health professionals at the end of the day.

...but some people know better than those who have spent years training in that field.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

TBF not all of those health professionals have a clue either about big pictures. Limited plan to administer boosters is the most obvious route this winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

There are four major problems with the OP's complaint;

1) A newspaper report is not an official government policy. Even if it says that the cabinet agreed to something, until the government actually announces it, it ain't policy.

2) This proposal was made back in April. If you scroll down the page of the article linked in the first post, you'll see that a good chunk of the article talks about vaccine shortfalls. Back in April, we were looking at ways to make the supplies stretch as far as possible. We're no longer in that situation thus no need to compromise on things like this.

3) The virus and our understanding of it are evolving all the time. If something seemed like a sound idea in April, that may no longer be the case in August. Back when the Alpha variant was the issue, leaving a longer gap between AZ doses was the right call - then Delta came along and changed that. Likewise combining recovery and one dose of vaccine might have made sense pre-Delta but now, getting as many people double-vaccinated as possible is the way forward.

4) As noted above, doing what the OP wants would put us out of step with the rest of Europe. Then you'd have thousands of other people complaining that their Irish vaccine cert doesn't allow them to travel to Spain/Portugal/Greece.

TBH, the OP just needs to grow up a bit I think.

Advertisement