Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't want a "3rd" vaccine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

In October NPHET released a report crediting the September surge in Covid cases to the re opening of pubs. The report failed to mention anything about colleges and schools returning in this timeframe, only pubs.

It's actually scary that grown adults would believe a word these absolute chancers come out with.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I don't understand why some insist on challenging other people's reasons for getting vaccinated. The aim of the programme is to maximise that and motivations are secondary.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Schools were set up so that kids were socially distanced, one way corridors, separated by perspex, windows wide open and so on. Most schools set up satellite classes where possible. Kids also wore masks all day long and took staggered lunch breaks.

Pubs still involved people being close to each other without masks.

The number of infections traced back to schools was minute.

Honestly, it's not rocket science.

OP wishes he didn't start thread now. In addition to pricks in your arm, you now got a pummelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Yeah, but did they die with small-pox or of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭Tork

Let's go right back to the start of this. You got vaccinated the other week with the very vaccine you're now ranting about. I don't have much time for anti vaxxers but at least they stick to their principles. You're all over the place here. First you got mad because you decided that you only needed one jab. Now you're banging on about it being an experimental vaccine etc. despite choosing of your own free will to be injected with the very same experimental vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Once again we have an anti-vaxer pedaling half truths and lies. The big fear in April 2020 was that big pharma would be reluctant to commit resources to developing a vaccine. In the early noughties the they developed a vaccine for SARS but because the disease was bought under control the company that developed it lost a lot of money on the project.

The thinking at the start was about traditional vaccines which would take that long to develop and there manufacturing process is much longer. However the development of mRNA and adenovirus-vectored vaccines are faster to develop and gauranteed funding from government's allowed pharmaceutical companies to commit resources to develop them

As for last Autumn's spike Government put in place system to reduce risk schools. Children were at less risk of spreading the the infection. The surge we got at Christmas proved that pubs were a much more risky environment to spread infection. As well some idiots settings up shebeens did not help.

So be a good lad and take your medicine

Slava Ukrainii

When you look at how far humanity has come and then you look at someone like the OP and wonder how the fook we managed to crawl out from caves. It's a wonder.

Sweet jaysus, are you Simon Harris' PA or something?

For the last time. The Christmas surge didn't come from the pubs. The Christmas surge came from Micheal Martin doing nothing to prevent tens of thousands of people returning from London at a time when circa 1 in 30 Londoners were believed to be infected with the Kent variant. A decision for which he should be facing criminal and civil prosecution as it knocked the country back five months.

Had we introduced checkpoints on the Northern border and travel bans we would have been experiencing 20- 30 cases per day in February and March. By the time it eventually did sneak in it would have been March or April and our vulnerable would already have been vaccinated.

But no, mUh mEntAl helthz said the expats. Hopefully a good few of the selfish phucks passed it on to their parents and now find themselves ostracised by the rest of the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

If the science says that getting a third jab will be necessary and is safe, then sign me up now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Again more half truths, lies and misinformation. While the Pre Christmas variant came in from the UK it was spread by the reopening of pub/restaurants mainly. It is impossible to prevent a new varient's entering the country. Australia is struggling with its zero COVID policy with the arrival of the Delta varient. It dose not share a land border with any other country and is thousands of miles from its nearest neighbours by sea and yet it has had outbreak's

Ya put checkpoints on the border the British failed to seal that border from IRA terrorist's during the troubles.

I beginning to wonder as well how we got out of the f@@king caves with your logic. I not SH's PA but God gave me a few brain cells that I use. He seems to have missed you when he was giving them out. The single one you have seem to be banging off your skull and getting damaged

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭ebbsy

There is nothing "disasterous" about our rollout.

l0lz. Just l0lz.

Do you know what 1 in 30 means? Do you know how that works out when importing 50,000 people from London who all go on to attend Christmas dinner with 10 relatives?

How is Simon anyway?

This thread is a disturbing glimpse into the indoctrination of some people (thankfully a tiny minority, you would never see the rubbish spouted here out in the real world where people are more clued in to what NPHET is about)

• there is nothing slightly unusual about the government declaring in late April that Covid recovered people only needed one dose, but then rescinding this decision with zero public announcement
    • it is not the place of healthcare professionals administering the vaccine to be aware that this ever happened.
    • I have full faith in a body/ government that has diddled hospitalisation figures (by counting people who catch Covid within hospital or test positive on admission, disguising them as people brought in coughing their lungs up in an ambulance), has distorted fatality figures, and released bullsh1t reports placing the blame for a September surge solely on pubs and not colleges/ schools
    • I have full faith in a body that has pursued the most anti science anti pub agenda this side of Saudi Arabia
    • I have full faith in a body that claims to not have daily death figures due to a hack three months ago, primarily because reporting "1300 cases, zero deaths, 1450 cases zero deaths, 1520 cases 1 death" doesn't frighten the public too much
    • I have full faith in a rushed vaccine despite what happened with the swine flu one
    • "Make your own decision" people say, as if we have a choice.

I was over in England last week, the amount of people still wearing their masks is pathetic. It isn't about their safety, more about wearing something to indicate you think Boris is a prick. If mask mandates were dropped in Ireland tomorrow people would be burning the wretched things in the streets.

Bottom line for the TLDR- in April the government regarded me as fully vaccinated under rules they then drafted.

Now, they don't.

What changed since then?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,464 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The delta variant?

I mean, duh.

The rest is just a meandering rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭jakiah

This thread is gold. A furious anti-vaxxer who has had one dose but doesnt want the second. Comical stuff.

If I was an anti vaxxer I wouldn't have taken the first. I just want to know what changed between late April and now, the actual science behind it.

And more importantly, why the one shot decision was the biggest news story of the day when it happened in late April but it was subsequently dropped without seemingly any public announcement. And when it was dropped- did people for a few days/ weeks in early May get away with having one shot?

The Delta variant is a higher risk to those who have merely recovered from Covid?

Then why are we allowed travel to the UK on a recovery cert where Delta has been absolutely rampant?

Does anybody ask question any more or are they too busy painting Superman murals of Holohan?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭jakiah

Well you can wait for your second jab like everyone else then, good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Moragle

The government announced it but never put it into vaccination policy. It never made it into the guidelines for vaccinating. The research shows that under 50s who are not immunosuppressed and have recovered from covid in the last 6 months only need one dose of vaccine. Its in the vaccine training. But not in the policy. Therefore everyone gets two shots. I'm a vaccinator

• Advertisement

So vaccinators do have this information.

Yet earlier people scoffed at the idea that it was unacceptable that the two nurses I dealt with had never heard of this decision. It's in their manual, which this pair seemingly didn't bother reading properly if they had never heard of the one shot decision. With people with this attitude involved and then people wonder where vaccine hesitancy comes from, professionalism costs nothing.

The article I linked earlier said the Cabinet had passed the measure. My gripe is how was this the biggest news story of the day in late April but was later quietly cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭HBC08

Lol,

You're all over the shop and having a bit of a mare on this thread.

The answer is that you probably shouldn't be able to travel to the UK on a recovery cert and the full vaccination cert should be all that's allowed.

Reality is that they know that a lot of holidaymakers won't have been able to get the full dosing schedule this summer, so this is allowed in the mean time and as it's time limited (6 months from infection) it will time itself out automatically and those using it will either need to get fully dosed or hope that all restrictions are gone by then.

Also, pre-delta, one shot was enough to qualify as vaccinated for activities (given the long wait times till dose 2 and to not put people off getting AZ), but this was dropped before it was even rolled out when it was seen that 2 shots were needed to reduce the spread of delta among vaccinated people.

But that's not the answer you wanted to hear, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

That looks to be unlikely unless you are in a high risk group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭airy fairy

I think the OP is failing to understand, or doesn't want to understand, how we were faced with an unknown virus last Feb '20. Since then we've learned and understood and as the virus mutates (changes) so does advice, recommendations. As we learn, things change, we're told one thing, then something different, not for the fun of it, but because we are learning. Vaccines were given out, then paused, then resumed, then a different protocol is introduced, data is being collected all the time. Scientists are still trying to find out when to give boosters, if at all, or maybe asap, who knows, that's why constant collection of data is required.

To suggest a vaccinator is hiding information, or suggesting that they couldn't be bothered reading up on something just shows the ignorance by the op. I just pity the poor vaccinator being stuck with the OP in a vaccination booth, looking for explainations and being downright awkward.

Move aside, if you don't want your next vaccine, plenty more will take yours. Plenty more will appreciate the value of a vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭PhantomHat

What a contribution! Dismissive trite comments in fairness not help the conversation.

The rest is more suited to some of the threads on the Conspiracies forum and probably best not engaged with here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Testing on the vaccine for stupid is still ongoing, the current strain is particularly resistant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Moragle

You didn't read what I posted. The guidance is that everyone gets two vaccines. Yes, it mentions in the training that people under 50 who've had covid would be fully vaccinated with one dose. But that's not in the current vaccine guidance from niac. Which is what we go by, not government announcements.

Advertisement