Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't want a "3rd" vaccine

Options

Comments

The point being everyone here knows you'd crawl through broken glass to get a 5th vaccine if it meant getting indoor scoops.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

"Don't blame the workers".....these were nurses, healthcare professionals. I find it a bit off that they have such a lack of interest or knowledge n what they are doing that they were either unaware, or pretended not to know, that the government had decided in April that Covid recoverees only needed 1 shot but then seem to have shelved this plan without any notice given to the public. This was the biggest news story of the day when it broke in late April, for the two nurses to either have no knowledge of it, or pretend that they didn't, is a staggering lack of understanding of one's own job. You wouldn't trust a mechanic who was unaware of any new standards the NCT had recently put out, why is this any different?

I find it difficult to believe that given 1 in 30 odd vaccine recipients would have caught Covid in 2021, that they were not asked this question several times by said recovered people.

Not good enough, but it is the standard you come to expect off public services in this country.

Absolutely I would. You seem to find it humourous that I am willing to accede to whatever bizarre request this government comes up with in order to alleviate the crippling depression and loneliness I have felt since March 2020. Cans in your mate's gaff is great once in a while but for 18 months it is just not the same, that's why pubs exist in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭airy fairy

You've no respect for health professionals, who take instructions on administration of vaccines, they don't, and can't, hand out advice or know what coming next. I have sympathy for those who you encountered at the vaccination centre.

Quite clearly, you have an issue with alcohol as you admit you are taking a vaccine, not to prevent serious illness from Covid, but to be able to drink alcohol.

You must have decreased in height over the last year, the chips on your shoulders must have you almost in the ground!

Do yourself a favour, don't bother with any more vaccines, because those poor vaccinators would get the brunt of your issues if you were to attend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I can understand people who are hesitant about getting this vaccine, I do think people are allowed to have concerns without immediately being labelled anti vaxxers.

But getting the first dose and then whinging about having to get the second? Thats just inane, and hard to take seriously. Its already in you mate, no point crying about it now.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,059 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Here's a free potentially life saving medicine which you are free to take or not, and if you take it you can help get our economy off its knees by being safer to be around other people indoors

..... But but but...

Muh luberties.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

The government talking about it in April only shows a possible future intent.

The EU legislation was done in mid June,

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32021R0953

It wasn't until July 2nd that the statutory instrument was signed in Ireland which makes use of the EU legislation. (link below)

The HSE actually implementing it on the ground, getting the supporting docs from GPs and medical centers. Pretty sure that it'll be faster to get the 2nd vaccination done.

As for expecting health center workers, trained to apply vaccinations, to be more up-to-date on the progress of legislation than yourself? Not in their training yet, and they could get in legal trouble for consequences after providing incorrect information. In any job after being stung a few times, you learn to hit the mute/redirect button when unsure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

If you didn't want a third dose then why did you contract covid in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

There's medical reasons to get a 2nd vaccine, it's been shown a second vaccine given about 4 weeks after the first one gives full protection against covid 19

Of course with the delta varient it will still be necessary to wear masks in some places as its still possible to get covid even after being double vaxxed

The delta covid varient is more contagious than the original virus

There's an app for most uses why don't they hse make an app that shows your medical status,

Eg Joe bloggs got 2 vaccines in 2021 in Ireland etc

As many places will now require proof of vaccination to go inside

Eg concerts , pubs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Why would a phone app be better/faster than the current method using a reliable old emailed PDF?

As I've been helping colleagues to print their email, I nominate riclad to the role of Boards technical telephone support in getting the digital cert App to display on their windows Nokia phone on a Friday night, as they stand outside the pub.

Being a, you know, science grad I do tend to trust science.

I didn't get my information from the University of Facebook

why would you expect nurses to know about molecular biology, virology, or vaccine mode of operation?

Ummm, you do know that your can scan your vaccine passport to the HSE COVID app...

It also displays the QR code to be scanned, which I've cropped out for obvious reasons

See my post above lad.

Just scan it into the HSE COVID tracker app

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Not everyone grows up, but when it comes to your physical health you need to think like an adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

• Registered Users Posts: 33,683 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Your right the people have had enough... Of vacines to fill nearly all of the adult population.

Because unlike yourself people aren't following loolahs on Facebook and Twitter and spreading utter drivel from fringe grifter ex doctors and nurses who use simple minds for money.

It's great to see and I for one am happy that Ireland is filled with sensible people. The very same people pulling their weight to keep you and yours out of trouble.

Just because you don't want to pull your Weight and look past your own front door doesn't matter a jot. The stats and the queues Today don't lie.

Eire Abu

Post edited by listermint on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭HBC08

It's always funny to see lads who are used to posting nonsense in the restrictions thread and getting lots of thanks come out of the echo chamber and get a hard landing that 95% of the population don't agree with you.

Your convictions don't run that deep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭beachhead

There is no legal requirement in the ROI to obtain a first,second or even a third covid vaccine.Not yet anyway.A possible 15% in every so called age group will decline to be vaccinated.Figures as of 1st Aug.No sources will be referenced for the 15%,it might be 10% next month and so on,so on and on

• Registered Users Posts: 31,014 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

It's mathematically impossible for 15% in every age group to decline.

Unless there's some deeper meaning of "so called age group" that I'm missing. Are you including dead people? 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

"Disastrous government rollout " one of the most successful in the world btw and they're "lucky" you agreed to getting first one. No one gives a **** whether you get the second one or not, you seem to think your opinion is important, get it and you can move freely or don't and you'll have some movements curtailed for the good of the majority, don't fool yourself into thinking we're "lucky" we (the vast majority) don't give two fcuks if you never got it

You sound like that Pete Lunn fella from the ESRI, going on the radio every few weeks with his surveys showing 96% restriction compliance and that most people have apparently actually quite enjoyed lockdown.

Out there in the real world, away from the restrictions threads, I don't know a single person who thinks that we have been told the full truth about Covid, at least anybody under 60. These stretch from believing its threat has been wildly exaggerated for political ends (myself, and probably the most popular opinion) to thinking the thing doesn't exist (which is clearly bollix). Anybody with half a brain can see NPHET used it to wage war on our pub culture. Micheal Martin inadvertently admitted that we would have ended up in the same place by taking the Swedish approach. I actually feel sorry for you, I really do.

I would say men are far more likely to hold these opinions than women, whether that's because men tend to be more mathematical and thus interested in reading the balanced figures reporting on gript.ie and the likes who knows.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Nothing childish about it. Childish is the people who hang on every word of the NPHET Gods.

So our government has a panel of scientific experts to advise them. Now it's childish to listen to the advice because the non experts reckon they know better?

Since when has it been fashionable to be dense?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

OP stop moaning and take your medicine. It only a little jab. You said you had a mild dose of COVID were you PCR tested. Even if you had a confirmed infection there is always the chance of a false positive test from a PCR test. Previous rules were made earlier. However rules regarding EU vaccination certificate are made at EU level. The Irish authorities cannot change that.

Be a good chappie and put you arm out again, no point moaning, take your medicine.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The so-called third dose will primarily apply to very high risk groups, otherwise it will be like the flu jabs for everyone else.

The views on this thread are deeply concerning tbh.

There are people here who see no issue with the government announcing in April that only one shot of an experimental emergency approved vaccine, with rare but known serious side effects including death, was required, but then quietly rescinded this with seemingly no public announcement on the issue. An infection and a shot were considered double vaxxed in April, now to get my cert I have to essentially be triple vaxxed, within 12 or so weeks?

As said I deliberately didn't bother going for a J and J as I felt I would be wasting it as a Covid recovered person. More fool me for playing ball.

There are people who think it's perfectly acceptable for healthcare professionals to have such little knowledge of their own brief that they were either unaware this decision was ever made or pretend they never heard of it and treat the patient as if they had read it on Gemma O'Doherty's posts rather than on the IT and RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,014 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

It's not an experimental vaccine.

• Advertisement

In April 2020 you couldn't find a single expert who believed a vaccine would be available in under three years. Some speculated that one might never be developed- after all there is none for Ebola, HIV, etc they said.

A few months later we are told the vaccine has always existed, it's a SARS vaccine that just needs a bit of tweaking and we're ready to go by November (3 days after Trump was voted out, no less.)

Nobody is arguing that the vaccine works, or adversely effects a large proportion of people. But you would want to be some fool to believe everything about it. And yes, my only reason for taking it is to get my freedoms back, as sad as that is that the government can hold us over such a barrel.

Advertisement