Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

I don't want a "3rd" vaccine

• 31-07-2021 8:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭ crooked cockney villain

So the other week I got a vaccine, Pfizer. As somebody who suffered a very mild bout of Covid in May I expected that, as promised by government, I would only be having one shot, as having had Covid 6 months prior to infection meant you had by default one shot prior.

Those giving the shot disagreed, I decided not to argue it as I just wanted to get out, as with everything with the government's disastrous roll out of this thing they likely hadn't been informed of the change in rules, although logically seeing as about 1 in 30 people coming in would be a Covid recoveree I was baffled as to how they had never been asked this before.

Herself was going for hers two days later, Covid recovered like myself, again was told she would need a second jab. Argued the point, again staff either didn't know or pretended not to know.

Government decided this in late April.

What exactly is the story here? Am I getting one or am I not? If I am getting one what changed in the science from April to July? Why were the staff unaware of something so important? I don't want a second vaccine, or a third as it now is, they're frankly lucky enough I agreed to the one I had given how rushed it is. I don't see why I shouldn't receive my full freedom cert on what was decided in April (currently have the 6 months valid recovered one)

Comments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭ JPup

You’ll get the digital pass after one dose as far as I know if you’ve had a confirmed covid case recently but you’ll still be given a date for a second dose and recommended to take it. Up to you if you want to follow the medical advice or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭ Cork_exile

Jesus, tall about an entitled temper tantrum. OP grow up and realise that government decision are based on politics and they will take the minimum recommended action every time.

This process has led to ALL of their public climbdowns and Varadkar-isms (like Christmas). Medical/Scientific professionals continuously stress that actions are provisional, based on ever accumulating evidence

Take your medical advice from the medics

01001110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01000111 01101111 01101110 01101110 01100001 00100000 01000111 01101001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01010101 01110000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭ Risteard81

I disagree. Do what's right for you. I have not and will not take any doses of these potions - not even one.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭ airy fairy

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭ riveratom

You are pleading for the government to give you a piece of paper so you can “have your freedom”? Have a long hard look over your post and let us know what you see.

Because the unelected "government" haven't yet extended their illegal vaccine passport to posting on boards.ie perhaps...

• Advertisement

Is that the one where FF & FG guaranteed that they wouldn't form a coalition with each other?

It is not a legitimate government. Not in any sense of the word. And they are utterly tyrannical.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭ crooked cockney villain

Pretty much. Government won't allow me fully resume my social life without it. What's your point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭ crooked cockney villain

The freedom movement is a tricky one for me, in that it has its merits but has a horrible leadership. Ben Gilroy, Dee Webster, Waters and Gemma, we need an alternative voice, unfortunately the absolute headers seized control of the narrative and there's nobody mainstream on it bar Michael McGrath.

Advertisement