Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,069 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Same chap who campaigned hard on us not to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭SupplyandDemandZone

They haven't got a scoobie doo what's going on really do they.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭JRant

I wasn't checked at Dublin airport, same as I wasn't checked at Frankfurt airport. The airline took my cert details and they have them on file. That's fine by me being honest and having a double check is just pointless bureaucracy.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

every A&E in this country will be overwhelmed as long as folks believ that the sniffles is the 1st phase of a deadly plauge..It;s mass hysteria.

It's like telling everyone at home that there's fleas in their sofa.....many will start to get itchy.....FFS. stop getting tests for sniffles and live your lives or at least the ones you had before this. How the hell are clubs supposed to get "sit back down" security.

I hear Michael Martin now using phrases like "it's not me it's Covid" oh holy jasus, imagine that for a highlight reel on reeling in the years..the absolute shame, you can see he's way beyond trying to stay afloat. It's like before his 22nd speech..he's getting jabbed from all angles and cannot admit to his ineptitude.

No one asked if Tony regrets travelling abroad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

for the slow learners.

If you dislike the smoker analogy, then there are plenty of others.

Guy not wearing safety gear will be denied access to a construction site - because those not wearing safety gear have been proven to be the cause of suffering or injury

A person who is not wearing appropriate clothing will not be permitted into food preparation areas - because those not wearing appropriate clothing have been proven to be at greater risk of spoiling food

A person who has not been appropriately inducted in safety procedures will not be permitted on board many types of boat - because those not inducted in safety procedures hsve been proven to suffer/cause injury.

A person who has not been vaccinated against a variety of diseases will be denied access to a number of countries- "travel" abroad is conditional on many things but as far as I know is not obligatory. Therefore this example is not similar in principle to your previous examples, which are activities that are "everyday".

There is nothing new about denying people access to things on the basis of what they don't have or don't do. Preventing access to shops and more pertinently, medical treatment is being openly advocated on the thread

To liken it to the systematic suppression and dehumanisation of people on the basis of the colour of their skin, goes to show how deep the narcissism and victim complex goes for some people. Narcissism indeed.

Apartheid does not only apply to racist conditions, it is a term relating to separating people and treating them differently - a definition of apartheid refers to a political system where people are clearly divided based on race, gender, class or other such factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,933 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

In fairness that was almost a year ago, he travelled last Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Why should he regret it? Travel is now legal. I’m off to the states next month, should i regret it,?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,574 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Seriously what was the point of that briefing? We already know the amount of cases and ICU admissions since they're on the national airwaves every second minute.

Honestly I think these NPHET briefings will make people less likely to follow guidelines at this point. People are fed up of hearing the same rubbish.

I too posted facts as I saw them albeit always open to correction. Honestly, I've learned nothing really from that 2 hour briefing, very disappointing

Seems to have good viewing figures going by here!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,574 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

• Registered Users Posts: 33 werenotthere

So sick of all the stuff being spouted here!

It isnt vaccinated vs unvaccinated. Its keeping the hospitals under control so we can have a functioning society.

The vaccines arent 100%, we all know that, but they are helping. Vaccinated people are allowed to do more things that have more risk of infection eg. nightclubs, as they dont pose as much of a risk to clog up the hospitals if they become infected.

I want to enjoy the pub, gym, restaurants etc and dont want them closed down because icu is full.

It isnt case numbers, outbreaks or positivity rates anymore its about protecting a health system that is sh* and cant cope in a normal winter.

This is the only chance to have a bit of normality for winter, albeit its probably not gonna happen anyway.

Its not perfect for anyone but if we opened up this weekend fully we would be back in lockdown by xmas and then everyone would be moaning.

These are the rules that are best for all of our society (with a terrible health system) its not great but the short sighted approach spouted here would be much worse!

As long as its not for a wedding in Las Vegas, No 🤣 enjoy

No but people need to stop watching this stuff if they are fed up with it. Life is too short, imo. Maybe people get some kick out of it and watching the likes of Claire Byrne live.

They aren't even sure if you can stand, sit or dance at a nightclub. Said nightclub may also be a pub but will be "ring fenced" to provide 'clarity'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭landofthetree

I dont understand how people can say masks work.

Put on a mask on a cold morning and you can see your breath. They can't be stopping much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭landofthetree

I could live with all that if Tony and his friends in Nphet admitted that our health service is sh1t and him,the rest of Nphet and our government are to blame for it,

• Advertisement

The dramatic principal in Wexford back on the news.

They ended close contacts policy in schools as it meant thousands of children missing even more school time, doing damage to their education.

The medial advisors are to blame for not explaining this better and also hyping up the consequences of the spread of the virus.

The curtain twitchers are keeping an eye on Tony ha

People are quite religious about masks. They are either in love with them or hate them.

The rest of us who don't want hassle don't really care.

We'll wear them because we have to but will ditch them when in private.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,264 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Any principal with half a brain should know when you can and can't close a school.

Sorry if you are new here but this “vaccine is waning” CT stuff has already been disproven by Chris_5339763. See his post below :

Registered Users

Again

• Vaccines are not WANING. They are still just as effective at preventing hospitalisation and death than before.
    • Antibodies are naturally fading, but TCell / Memory cells are robust.
    • If antibodies are present, then any deltas coming in will be immediately attacked
    • If antibodies have faded, it takes a few hours/days for TCells to churn out the antibodies it knows will defeat any Deltas. So you get symptoms for a few days while the body catches up - because Delta is so virulent and replicates so quickly.
    • (If you are unvaccinated, it takes the body weeks to catch up)
    • A booster dose will get the antibodies to high levels again.

Thats it in a nutshell. The vaccines aren't waning. The GOOD news about this is that evolutionary pressure for new variants, I believe, is reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Philip Nolan has said vaccination has prevented at least 1700 deaths since June. I await the banging of the keyboards from the boards experts 😆

She might be back in the news but the majority of pupils are not back at the school after the dictate, not request by the DOE, I don't who was right, who was wrong in this fiasco but the HSE certainly didn't help with regard to utter confusion.

I wonder how her staff will feel when they realize they have a few days to make up over one of the many hiday periods coming up.

Honestly they are a pain but given its an airborne virus, I'd be more on the cautious side and wear one in shops etc.

I don't get these ludicrous looking face shields though, my local newsagent wears one , you could fit a set of window wipers on it 😏

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

150,000 tests in the last week at 8.9% positivity. We'll never move on with so many people going for tests for every sniffle they have.

Advertisement