Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I don’t understand how they can cancel electric picnic seeing as how it’s outside which we’ve been told constantly is better and keep indoor places open. I know the numbers in pubs and restaurants is way lower than a festival but going by all the young people who are getting vaccinated It doesn’t make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭growleaves

You can get into Lollapalooza with an antigen test, don't even need to be vacks'd.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

A substantial amount isn't outside - its in tents; there's also often quite a bit of, erm, "mixing" inside peoples tents in the campsites.

Not using this as a justification for cancelling it, just saying its not like an entirely outdoor event!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

But none of it makes sense! I can go anywhere in the country and stay in a hotel, eat and drink in the hotel with people from all over the country with no problem. However I can't go into my local pub or restaurant without a cert!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,169 ✭✭✭prunudo

Its about time the youth took part in mass disobedience, whether that be via large scale flash mob style parties or big outdoor drinking sessions. Every outlet they were accustomed to is being controlled, restricted or worse cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Okay but it’s not fully indoors. And it’s not just the drinks that are being mixed either. It’s the little to no logic that seems to be applied that is starting to wear thin.

Maybe another 60k people have woken up in this country today

hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 18,240 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

They wouldn't even allow a marathon here, never mind a music festival. Healthy people running outside, Tony couldn't be having with that now, could he.

Yet when we predicted this we got scoffed at. How many times and how many predictions is that now?

The coward Irish strike again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,301 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Orban was seen as a hero here during the Euro's for the total freedom he gave his fellow Hungarians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭tigger123

I've been to quite a number of Electric Picnics and it would undoubtedly be a massive, filthy, super duper spreader event.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭growleaves

Pity we don't have some kind of drug or potion that would lessen the effects of covid, which are already small among the age group that goes to EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭brickster69

Even the horses at Galway last week had masks on.

All roads lead to Rome.

They were not going to allow anyone who was not double vaccinated into the festival

so how would that happen?

so what we just do nothing fun then for the immediate future ? We are meant to be living with COVID aren’t we ? And it’s just shy of two months away so do Laois CC know something the rest of us don’t. I mean I’ve tickets for GNR next June, should I be worried about them ?

You will see guns n roses in June

but you will view the stage from a pod of 4

clapping will be permitted when each song has ended

mingling with other concert attendees will be strictly forbidden

I know that’s meant as a joke but there’s a slim possibility that that may be the way it is going on how they’re going about things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭brickster69

No he was serious, but the worst thing is he was talking about June 2023

All roads lead to Rome.

That's the problem, though, my friend. People want to "get on with life" so they'll just keep jumping through any hoops put in front of them.

It's just "two weeks to flatten the curve". It's just a mask. It's just social distancing. It's just a travel restriction. It's just non-essential businesses. It's just sports events. It's just concerts. It's just a test. It's just track&trace. It's just an app. It's just a vaccine. It's just a vaccine passport. It's just a booster for the new variant. It (will be) just a digital/biometric ID..

At what point do you stop and say "no"?

You seem to have a vendetta/preoccupation with "antivaxxers" more than anything else.

"The vaccinated will be able to do things that the antivaxxers can only dream about"... Like what? Have a pint indoors? You'd want to raise your bar for "dreams", mate 🤣 Newsflash: you were already entitled to do that. The government just took it away from you, then played you with the 'carrot&stick' routine to return it. Don't be so gullible.

Good to see you reduce part of your life and freedom to a QR code, anyway. When they come along with the digital ID, you'll probably say "shure, you'll only have a problem with that if you have something to hide" 🤣

Don't take this message personally; I'm simply trying to make you aware of the bigger picture. It's not just about vaccinations. It's about the new systems being brought in simultaneously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Just a reminder that the average age of death from Covid is 81-82. They were all vaccinated 7-8 months ago.

They stopped releasing death statistics 3 months ago, the HSE hack apparently. Which is still going on apparently.

People have been Gaslit into thinking people under 40 are in serious peril from Covid.

All restrictions should have been ended in February-March. Everything. And now we're not even hopeful for next February-March.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I’m quite aware of the bigger picture. I think the anti vaxxers don’t. In the future i will bet restrictions will increase for the antivaxxers. The screws will be tightened as society will deem them unacceptable especially if this virus doesn’t burn out.

Being vaccinated is making a huge difference to people. People can go inside to eat or drink, best of luck to people sitting outside come the winter. I’ll bet you’ll have to be vaccinated for future concerts too.

You also don’t have to pay for tests ( or the hassle of them) when you travel etc. Other countries are begining to adopt the vaccine pass for indoor activities. New York are proposing it. Boris has also proposed vaccine passports for nightclubs etc. It’s coming so my advice is to prepare for it.

i have no vendettas towards the antivaxxers. But they are becoming irritating listening to the same bullshyte spewing from their mouths making them look like they have an IQ of 2. Laughable really lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

If the organizers of Electric Picnic had any sense they would tell Laois CoCo they won’t be dealing with them again and move the whole thing somewhere else in future. Typical fcuking small minded local yocal bullshit. The amount of money that festival makes for the area is huge, if they don’t want it give it to someone who does. Embarrassing bunch of idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

You can say what you want about Americans but they value their freedom and liberty. Nobody is going to push vaccine passports on the entire population. They don't take kindly to big government.

There is a reason why they were never able to implement a tyrannical regime on the people like the other powerful nations. It's because the people have the guns. And each Senator and Congressman knows that it just takes one guy.

The politicians in Eastern Europe know this too. Don't test the people or they'll be dragging you from your home. The people value their freedom because they remember.

“”Good to see you reduce part of your life and freedom to a QR code, anyway. When they come along with the digital ID, you'll probably say "shure, you'll only have a problem with that if you have something to hide"”

That got me thinking. You already have a unique registration plate bolted onto ones arse. It’s your ppsn number. I’m quite sure you can be tracked by that.

you need it for loads of things now. You even have to prove it to get your drivers licence, even bank loans now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

What's the logic behind Electric Picnic at the end of September and the Dublin marathon in October not going ahead? At that stage well over 90% of adults will be vaccinated with a fair few 12-15 year old cohort too. Worrying that we can't get back to these events even with huge levels of vaccinations completed. Doesn't bode well for the relaxation of restrictions over winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I've tickets for GNR in a few weeks lol. Still might cancelled the way things are going here though

You'll notice a lot of the objections to shows and festivals etc is about the amount of "mixing" (aka shagging) and drinking/drugs that will go on. It's the new version of puritanism.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Marathon - They wanted clarity on what the situation would be in October, they couldn't get it so the organisers cancelled. Too much to plan etc. Can't see why it couldn't have gone ahead myself but I'm sure the organisers had other considerations.

EP - Crap that it's off but feel for the council as well, they're hands are pretty tied given they have to judge an application on the current guidelines, EP should have known that as well really.

• Advertisement

“”You can say what you want about Americans but they value their freedom and liberty.””

One of the reasons i’m the process of purchasing a property in the US

Advertisement