Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭hogans heroes

Agree, and also think Walter would add to the forwards if fit

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭usualstripes

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jonniegoogle

Serious lack of respect to Dublin imo. I think they are a very very good team when they're in the mood as was seen yeaterday. They caused us serious problems in the 1st half when Burke scored a few pts on the trot forcing Deegan to get up tighter and therefore leaving space in the middle of defence. The same happened last week Vs |Carlow , Corcoran was man marking most of the time. Midfielder/half forwards need to solve this also. I think if we learn some lessons fast and get our first 15 fit we won't be far off. 2 big scares should benefit us greatly and have come at the right time and better highlighting issues now than in 4/5 weeks time

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lob it in

Good to get the win last night,I thought Kilkenny had to play well to beat Dublin who were really up for it,a good responce to last week's dissapointment we are sure of at least an All Ireland quarter final and Wexford at home for a place in the Leinster final..oh and we won't have to hear from that clown "for change"this week either so positves all round...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

https://x.com/colmc_physio/status/1791975192895365259?s=46&t=6SyGlpjB26QUlOy68HnGtQ

Anyone see this yesterday on Cian Kenny, very nasty thing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Marrooned

Billy Ryan was excellent yesterday I couldn’t fault him.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Conversations 3

He should be pulled up after the game about that, very dangerous tackle.

Linesman saw nothing I presume

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

You would wonder how the linesman doesn't see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭blackcard

Yeah, I wouldn't complain about the balance of decisions. The throwing of the ball is s bugbear which is not going to be sorted out in the short term, every team does it. It does change the nature of the game when a player can run with the ball, throw it to another player, another run, another throw, goal. That is not hurling to me. How many passes could you pull up in a game because there isn't a 'definite striking action' which there is supposed to be? Referees are afraid that analysts like Donal Og are going to point out that there was a millimetre of a gap between the ball and hand

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lob it in

I know the support this year at matches for Kilkenny has been poor but Tipperary's support today is terrible and Waterford in Ennis not much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Brian017

The minors blitzed Galway in the 2nd half outscoring them by 4-8 to 1-2 to win by 15

• Registered Users Posts: 6 neverbet

Brilliant win for minors. Great display of skillful hurling . Maybe the coaching is not as bad as some here would have us believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 upnorth

Delighted for Niall Bergin, the players and everyone involved. That’ll be difficult for one poster to swallow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Jake Mullen is going to be some player. Old head on young shoulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭hogans heroes

CAnt let wexford do what cork supporters did today in thurles.must have been so dishearting for tipp players to walk out to a sea of red.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Just an observation on the Cork/Tipp game. Are Kilkenny very much like Tipp? Still relying on the older brigade with very little pace around the field. Let's not fool ourselves, if we meet Cork they would have too much pace for us too. Cork be our only hope to stop the 5, the Limerick backs are slow enough too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭brookville

I was up at the match last night and to be fair the support was a bit better than previous days. Its a pity we havent a extra point or 2 because we should of bet galway and the cw match was a absolute disaster but at the same time we could of very easily lost the last 3 matches so despite all the doom and gloom we are unbeaten and we arent hurling well.

We created a few goal chances at the start mossy should of done better.owen wall got a few lovely passes but it just wouldn't stick for him.We left dublin in the game and when they got their noses in front they didnt kick on. Scruff will be dissapointed with the 2nd goal because he done well especially under a few high balls in a bad sun. I had a good look last night at our movement up front and to be fair its fairly poor. We are fairly static and easy enough to defend against. I know paranell is tight but its fairly poor. We really struggle with opposition have runners running off the shoulder and thats what we will see next weekend.

It goes without saying a huge match next weekend and one we really need to lay down a marker. If we keep hitting ball down on on damien reck again its a kick in the hole they need.deegan was in bother with his hand during the match but he got foward for that goal and i think they may leave him midfield with kenny. Carey was very rusty but hopefully that game will bring him on. Eoin cody was a big help with limited enough ball. Mullen,wally and molloy were pucking around before the match and id be suprised if mullen isnt back the next day.

It was a very scrappy game and we coughed up alot of scores giving away possession very easily. The movement from the fowards is very poor along with some of the deliveries going in. We have a lot of improving to do. Nowlan park should be hopping next weekend so we need a win and try get this hoodo off our back. If they arent fired up for this there is something wrong.its a leinster semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭usualstripes

You have to credit the minors on a solid display under pressurefor a win. Their handling and movement were good and its a big positive after a few poor performances.

Looking at the tipp match cork were up for it 100% and tipp just couldn't match their intensity. It got to the stage mid way through the 2nd half it was just like a training session for them. They looked a class act. Tipp have a big rebuild ahead of them.

Looking at us against wexford we have to start playing it better through the lines. Mullen will add an extra dimension if back and I'd still give Owen Wall a start.

For kilkennys sake we need to beat them and push on. We had them bet last year in wexford Park only to let them claw their way back into it. As is said above a big kilkenny crowd is wanted to show the lads we're behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 longcovid

Throwing was rife in the televised games today. Look at one of Connolly's goals for Cork. Like basketball with a small ball. Meade to Connolly - throw - Connolly to Meade - throw - another throw back to Connolly and he scores. The throws weren't even the disguised cheating flick , just blatant. It's ruining the game. There's no hurling skill in that. Every team is doing it now but some more than others. Needs to be stamped out but it won't happen when commentators and pundits are praising it rather than condemning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

The throws in both matches were just awfully obvious. I think the refs have packed in calling any really. It's all a throw mixed with the occasional legitimate handpass when a player feels there's no pressure. I'd fancy Cork for the All Ireland now.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭BQQ

Would they be the first team to win an All Ireland after losing twice?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭The_Tank

Offaly 98 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Village87

If Waterford and Limerick draw next week, Cork are more than likely eliminated

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Marrooned

are you going to persist with this political ****.why isn’t there someone shutting down this clown

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Butterbeans

Not so sure, Waterford and Cork would both be on 4 points then and Cork would progress on head to head is my understanding of it

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Butterbeans

Apologies, you're right, Waterford won that game!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭conor05

Its 100% guaranteed Wexford are going to bring a huge crowd next Sunday, its up Kilkenny fans to snap up the tickets,

Making a Leinster final is a big deal, so a lot of stake for both counties next Sunday.

Wexford absolutely destroyed Carlow today.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭conor05

How could he not be a top player, the youngest of the 5 Mullen brothers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭The White Feather

If they draw, Cork would need Tipp to beat Clare or they are out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Village87

Then Cork are in

Then Cork qualify to Munster Final

Advertisement