Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Martin567

Not getting excited at all. Just saying that we won't qualify for a Leinster Final with 5 points.

Even with the scenario you've set out above, a win for Wexford against Carlow would give them 6 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

ah stop , i was on about the other chap getting excited about the lack of leaders ect in the middle of may , surely you must have known what i meant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭kksaints

No tbh, I'd rather we have 6 points and be in as comfortable position as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Martin567

You quoted my previous post! How could I know you're taking talking about some other person?

Again, I'm simply contradicting your earlier post that we only need 5 points to make the Leinster Final. If we finish on 5 points, we will likely finish fourth. 7 points will definitely make it to the final and 6 might or might not be enough but would guarantee third place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

thats fine i taught it was someone else , the point i was making is ye will be fine as most people on here know , today was a bit of a Macedonian if you are as old as myself you will know exactly what it means

i dont really look at the user name in general too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭JohnCougar

The level of actual coaching in Kilkenny at inter county level is very poor. There is an arrogance in some people in Kilkenny hurling that we know it all and we don’t have to do tactics or systems. Today is proof that our coaching levels are way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Marrooned

the minors last night were shocking the score really flattered them. The management team were supposed to counteract the sweeper which they didn’t and replaced the full forward who at one stage was battling three Kildare backs he was then the first victim of the management’s incompetence,trying a lot of players in different positions. The reason I thought they pulled through was we had a better panel who all contributed nicely. There is a huge week ahead forKK over the next seven days U20’s on Wednesday, senior on Saturday and the minor on Sunday, all away venues. How the confidence has drained from the county in the last month. The Celtic challenge side bet Cork city in cork today so a bit of good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭MfMan

He hasn't as yet managed to draw with Carlow. Lyng has done fuckall with Kilkenny too if you look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭conor05

I agree with that.

I think the standard of club coaching is excellent in a lot of Kilkenny clubs but we are definitely out of touch when it comes to inter county.

I’m not sure if it’s arrogance or a lack of understanding of modern inter county hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Village87

Tom Mullally has done great things in Kilkenny Club hurling circles. He had Carlow believing they had a chance today as he knows that is an average Kilkenny panel at the minute and fair play to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Wasn’t that the posters point though?… that neither of them have done f**k all.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

It was hard to understand how Killian Doyle was picked yesterday if he had a big under 20 match this week it shows what Lyng was thinking. As regards Eoin Murphy does he not realise himself that his puck outs are not working or what, Tallis did okay the last day one mistake how many was made by our goalie yesterday. The officals were terrible how many times had Owens had to be over ruled yesterday for line balls yesterday in the second half, that last free you have to wonder would it have going our way if Carlow commited the foul. Have we the men if the push comes to the shove to take Wexford in the Park like the night v Tipperary 2013 not forgetting Dublin next saturday night. Tom Mullaly was coach for the minors 2007 things didnt work out well he never got back in with Co board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 stripey

I’m more of a listener than a commenter on this site but have to ask the question. Did nobody see the Kilkenny points waved wide in the second half. We were directly behind the goal and counted 3. As did the other few Kilkenny people around us. Fair enough it was far from our best performance but that ref and his officials were atrocious. Getting a bit fed up paying for a season ticket, travelling around the country and refs deciding the result. It must be fair disheartening for a player to give so much and have this carry on tolerated. Sorry for the whine but at this stage it’s gone out of hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,423 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I was at a Martin Fogarty thing recently and I got that impression. The man had NO time for tactics or systems. Obviously the basics are beyond essential.. but we all know that.

It’s the next level stuff that KK have lagged behind on, whereas your Carlow type teams although hugely limited in personnel are doing everything right in their backroom setups.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 upnorth

Think it was 2011,2012 Tom was minor coach when A. Ronan was manager

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lob it in

Very disappointing yesterday,some of the wides were shocking and if we had of converted half of them some of which were very easy chances Kilkenny would have been out of sight long before the end.Fair play to Carlow they kept plugging away and if you leave a team in it long enough they will eventually take their chance ,the free at the end, a rule hardly ever enforced by referees was the correct call.It makes next Saturdays trip to Dublin very interesting if we lose that's us out of the Leinster final and we will need to beat Wexford at home in the last match just to stay in the All Ireland series.Wexford would love nothing more than a chance to knock us out so getting the win in Parnell park next Saturday is vital.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

If Carlow were to back up yesterday's performance with a win over Wexford at home next weekend, Wexford would be travelling to Nowlan Park for the last round with only three points and a possible relegation hanging over them. That would make things very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Whatever way things work out next week the following weekend has meaning.

If we beat Dublin and Galway and Wexford win then the table is

Kilkenny 6

Dublin, Galway and Wexford 5

So all 4 teams playing each other on the last weekend could be in a final or out

If we lose to Dublin, they'd be guaranteed a final spot on 7 and ourselves and Wexford would be playing for a potential spot in a final or to avoid being knocked out completely.

We have to win the last 2 games, nothing else should be acceptable.

Carlow won’t back up that performance from. Yesterday, Wexford are forewarned and probably won’t lose a player like we did. The loss of the man really told in the last quarter with the heat of the day. Well does anyone know about the red card and sanctions for different competitions?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kkclubhurling

Any player who plays senior Liam McCarthy championship cannot play u20 in following 7 days.

so Doyle cannot play

• Advertisement

That rule was removed for a 60 hour restriction

I thought it was seventy two hours which makes him eligible.the question I asked was will his red card prevent him from playing on Wednesday or is it still classed as a different competition and he will be eligible to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kkclubhurling

yep coming into effect for the 2025 season.

Doyle cannot play.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

Strange out of management to play him if that was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭forchange

don’t know why everyone getting excited

I told everyone since the beginning of the year

Seems I was right

Unfortunately the most important post I made was lyng not good enough

Team being picked on favouritism

I see being now trying to blame our goalkeeper

We hit 19 wides

We had the worst half forward line that ever played for kilkenny

Poor old billy Ryan

And trying to blame the player that is responsible for any success we had over the last few years

And before it’s said I get no pleasure in saying I told you so

Everything I said unfortunately was right

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Butterbeans

What are you right about? Never heard you making any predictions about Carlow. In fact, you're only ever on after a bad performance.

If we don't make it out of Leinster or even reach a Leinster final, by all means come back and gloat.

Truth is, it was a poor performance, lackluster, and criticism is warrented but it's the third round, 2 more games to play, that we must win of course. But don't come on here blowing your load over the fact we drew with Carlow when it's still all to play for.

Dublin must see the finish line, beat us and they are in a Leinster final without even having to get a result against Galway.then Wexford would love to come here to finish us off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Happened in Galway vs Wexford week before.... quite commonplace now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭conor05

The Dublin v KK game is huge now.

There is no standout team in Leinster this year at the minute, so Dublin and Kilkenny will 100% both feel they can win this game.

Advertisement