Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭kksaints

Horrible 2nd half although Carlow deserve huge credit for their performance. Murphy's puckouts were disgraceful in the 2nd half, too slow and hitting them down on top of a sweeper. TJ ha one of his worst matches and the rest of the forwards were awful. Half back line kept shooting wides, Awful, Awful stuff. Ref was appalling and really he shouldn't be near inter county level.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I know many people will give out about the officiating, and there was some shocking decisions, but the ref wasn't the reason we didn't win that match. The players were awful. Some of the shot decisions and subsequent wides. Absolutely brutal. The criticism will be deserved.

EDIT: I should add, well done to Carlow. Great performance from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Great game for a neutral and I think a draw was fair but last last free was ridiculous. Its like the ref said ah lets give Carlow a draw!

KK wides were very poor

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭jamesbond2022

Deserved draw for Carlow but a few questionable calls by the ref near the end on cian Kenny and I’ve never seen a free given for a player throwing the ball away when it was off the field already

Our accuracy and overall urgency didn’t seem to be to there at little bit like Galway last week I think we took Carlow for granted and thought we just had to show up

Were Under a lot of pressure now with that result

The injuries and knocks are piling up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭me89

Going long on nearly every puck out in the 2nd half when there was a free man on to go short nearly every time. Then from open play lumping high ball down on top of the extra man. Woeful shooting to top it off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭kksaints

I agree really some of the shot choices, puckouts and tackling were dreadful. No composure from any of the players and management.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭blackcard

Apparently the last free was given for throwing the ball into the stand. Never saw one given for that before

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Yes I never saw it too but they said technically a free. I never knew that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭kk.man

I just can't believe that result… in all of my time maybe westmeath 2009 but we won that game!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭hurlaway

Let's hope the ref in Cork will be as diligent on all the throwing we are about to see,but I wouldn't hold my breath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

Why was the free 10 yards in from the sideline though? Bizarre

Well done to Carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Ah jaysus lads…. We were absolutely brutal, exactly how not to play with 14 men. Fair play to Carlow but my God the referee …. I thought James Owen’s was bad but that was just incredible. Seriously what was the last free for?… I don’t think the ball was even in play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

Who was sent off.

Can't find a report of the game anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭brookville

Its no suprise that scruffs puckouts have being dreadful a long time now. We were complacent but playing a chap completely out of his dept is scandalous. Theres lads who have being consistently poor a long and just keep getting picked. Ya wouldnt see it in any other county

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭me89

Killian Doyle was sent off

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Would we even get out of Munster?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Firstly fair play to Carlow. That draw will hopefully spur the county onto greater things. In leinster we need as many competitive teams as possible to be up there challenging and today even though kilkenny had most of the play they never gave up and got some decent scores.

The officiating was cruel and hard to believe at times but the winning of the game should be beyond that particular side of things.

As for ourselves we don't really need to say a whole lot apart from we were as poor as most of us could have imagined.

Our movement and passing coming out of the backs in the 1st half was actually good. Its just that we spurned so many chances. In the 2nd half our movement was all over the place, as was our cavalier attitude with passing and deliveries into the forwards.

Hard to comprehend really. We were far too casual in our approach so the lessons to be learned are simple

Give 110% for every ball, pass and delivery we make and in the forwards we need to be far more clinical, in our movement, passing and striking.

Fairly simple. A trip to parnell Park will end in tears if we don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

I don't. Just a perspective from someone outside the KK bubble for the most part. Love the place btw. Watergarden still around? Used to take friends niece and nephew there after bringing them to train w/their club. Nice relaxing place if not a little yuppie-ish + $$. 😉 Anyway, All the best.

Shocking result today. Carlow deserved it though.

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

• Advertisement

Fair enough…. Couldn’t see it but everyone around me baffled. Really don’t want to come across as a bad sport because I’m actually very pleased for Tom Mullally and the Carlow hurlers but you just couldn’t not mention how poor the ref was.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭davidx40

When in the name of god are we going to see sense and get a goalkeeper who can distribute the ball .....people are saying it on here with 5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭brookville

Murphy is in the goal a long time now. The whole county has being on about the puckouts for years. Kk were cruising till the sending off. We got a massive kick up the hole today.

Lyng should have read the riot act after the match. I know Cody would have. Unacceptable to be drawing with Carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

The Tommy Walsh for Billy Ryan substitution was criminal. Incredibly negative. Just no need for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭verizon

It's quite typical of Kilkenny of recent years not managing out games well enough.

I was watching the warmup and it was quite intense for such a hot day, yet they still went out in 2nd gear and never up'd their game at all. Very strange day for kilkenny hurling.

An absolute fantastic day for Carlow hurling on the other hand.

Good point re not closing out games …. happened in Galway and far too many times in the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BearMarketFresh

Serious questions for Derek Lyng to answer. The poorest performance I've seen from a Kilkenny side ever.

They would be wiped out of it in Munster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Marrooned

our crowd wouldn’t give Tom Mullally any of the underage jobs ? Will Killian Doyle still be eligible Wednesday night seen as it’s a different competition

Advertisement