Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭JohnCougar

It’s knockout, they should win easily

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Grats

Any right thinking supporter knows that Offaly are a good team and need to be treated with respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Buck Melanoma

I think/hope the poster is talking about the minor game against Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭brookville

With all due respect to carlow If we are naming dummy teams for this match its all a cod.Players train to play matches but this was a opportunity to look at a few lads while keeping the shape of the team.I know theres 2 big matches coming up and you cant just turn it on but tallis and molloy should be playing for starters. The u20 have a huge match wednesday and id prefer to have them 3 lads concentrate on that.

• Advertisement

Agreed. I'd imagine Molloy and others will get a run.

Even though the minors won by 12, we got 2/3 very soft goals, Kildare were applauded off the field for their display. There was only 3 points in it with 12 minutes to play. If we turn up like that against Galway next week we will be well beaten. That’s 3 poor displays in a row. Why we played a 3 man midfield was shocking from management and not fair on the players as they did not know what they were doing. Kildare looked faster, sharper and better coached than us and had a game plan that worked for them. If they had played more games at a higher level they would have won. We looked tired again. Hopefully they will be fresh next week as Galway will be up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 seaweed1

well done to minors, remember these are only kids and finding their way. Was there last night, great Kildare support, they threw everything at us and it could have got smelly but 2/5 to 1 in last 12 mins shows the character of these kids. Can’t believe the anti management, anti comer , anti 3 soft goals slant(all goals are soft depending on your perspective) and Kildare game plan worked. Confidence is a very transient thing with underage teams.Dont need to be critiqued like adults. Looking forward to getting sun burnt in dr Cullen park

Very supportive post and thanks for update. Bring the sun lotion to Carlow! Up the Cats every time!

The other teams are the same age and no different. The management are adults and we are entitled to analyse their jobs. If they go for these jobs its all part if it. I was there last night and their set up was not good enough playing against a Tier 2 team. Hopefully they will learn from this and go back to 15 on 15 next week as they know they can beat Galway. If they can do that anything can happen after it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭KK36

People sometimes forget just how young minors are nowadays after the age change. Not so long ago we had county minors who were hurling senior for their clubs, now some are 15 and only in 3rd year in school. As Adrian Ronan once said "they don't know if they want a lollipop or a ride".

Inter county minor is now realistically only the end of the development squad process. Inter county U20 is basically now what minor used to be. ie Lads doing the leaving and one or two who have left school.

We should really get behind these young lads and management who are bursting their collective bollox and representing Kilkenny with great pride.

Many of these young lads will play senior for us in the coming years because of their skill levels and, more importantly, their commitment.

Excellent, nail on the head post.

By the way, a "job" is not the same as a volunteer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Come on now lads, the management are absolutely fair game for analysis and criticism if it's warranted

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Any news of a any changes before the start?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Charlie69

“ a lollipop or a ride”….. brilliant 🤣🤣🤣

Deegan,tommy,richie reid out. Molloy,corcoran and killian doyle in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭kksaints

5 up at halftime against the wind which is strong enough. Down to 14 after Kilian Doyle was sent off for an off the ball jab to the ribs. Stupidity from him but the refs has been shocking, two shoulders straight to the chest by the Carlow players, only one was given as a free and there wasn't a card given.

Owen Wall had a great half but we have left a number of scores behind us with some iffy shooting. We under more pressure than we should be after the Red card but we still should win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭blackcard

Stupid from Doyle, correctly sent off but ref has been atrocious. 2 shoulders to the chest, play on. Blanch plays the ball off his hurl, free given. Shocking stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Marrooned

what was the reason for playing Doyle in the first place big loss for the U20’s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Absolutely, nobody here is criticising the young lads but it's completely fair to question things. For example, of the starting fifteen last night, I believe almost half the team (7 players) wasn't up to the age. That might be fine at club level but surely there are 15 players up to the age in a county like Kilkenny. An extra year at that age makes a massive difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Neewollah

Assume he's OK to play as it's a separate competition. Unless that rule changed

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

I'm a yank and I've noticed this for years. You're 100% correct. Is it justified? That I don't know enough to comment on.

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Comerman

It's just bitchiness Swamp Cat, I wouldn't take much notice 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

We are in serious trouble here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Pathetic. From players and management. Pathetic. A **** embarrassment

mullally is a top coach. Not fair on the chap but disgraceful starting killian doyle tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭blackcard

There was no possible explanation for that last free. One of the worst decisions I have ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭me89

As pathetic and embarrassing of a performance that I've seen for a Kilkenny team, brain dead hurling

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Neewollah

The composure shown against Galway completely disappeared tonight. Well done to Carlow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭kentu

Please people don't go overboard with criticism on here after that, better off getting a wake up call now rather than further down the line.

Yes it's not good enough and Ref wasn't on our side but Carlow have to be given massive credit more than anything here too, hopefully we learn something big from this.

Advertisement