Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Grats

Nice to get the win over Wexford. I'd imagine Offaly will be a way bigger challenge. Under 20s had a run out in Nowlan Park after the under 19 match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

Is Ardan de Gras being opened tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭JohnCougar

The Village outfield players are all U-18 and are not expected to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Comerman

Decent crowd and some good hurling from the young lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Holland

Neary

Corcoran

Bolger

Lyng

Hughes

Langton

Doyle

Hackett

Shorthall

Ted Dunne

Gearóid Dunne

Shine

Murphy

Brennan

Best of luck to them. Hopefully we get another dry day like today.

And since I did say it a few days ago, consider me shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭JohnCougar

Rory Glynn should be on the 24 and also Sean Hunt should be there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭kentu

More than a few unlucky not to be in that 24, could be a few injuries at play at a guess.

As I'm not privy to how training is going I accept the management's selection and hopefully they get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭kentu

Agreed, it's not knockout so all is not on the line tomorrow but a win would be great obviously. Like you say none of us privy to training right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Village87

We were not privy last year either and the dogs on the street could see the management made a balls of it. The half back line will get away with lack of pace today with the weather but not down the line.

Cripes, would you ever give it a break. I thought you were mellowing and about to back Kilkenny teams and players at last.You really come across as somebody who cannot enjoy success of any description - for example read back your input after last weekends win against Limerick. Nobody is getting carried away by it but most enjoyed the performance and the win.

How the blazes do you bother to SEEMINGLY follow the hurling at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭kkclubhurling

Best of luck to the u20s, lots of potential there

disappointing to see some players punished for their schools good run.

And as mentioned yesterday absolutely shocking that the team was going around nowlan park during u19 match before it had been named.

u19s were good, Wexford were poor, Hunt & Lahoff were class

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭therealdonster

Couldn't have said it any better myself

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭therealdonster

The U19 development thing is a really good idea. Bridges that gap year where some lads are just not quire there yet. Not sure what the rules are around it but you could definitely see lads get bumped up to the 20s if they are going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Marrooned

why was it shocking that the U20 squad were in the park yesterday. They had a light training session and then picked the team after that, what’s the problem?

the team that had been picked was known amongst the crowd before the PANEL were informed of it after the u19 match

well I didn’t hear it.

Anyway,very good display today and still plenty of room for improvement. It's so important to beat Wexford teams after losses in recent years. Under 19 yesterday and under 20 today - can't ask any more for now.

• Advertisement

U20 today KK4-21 WX 2-14.

Kilkenny had 11 second half wides 16 in total, they were slow to start but when they got into the groove there was no stopping them. I thought Killian Doyle was the standout KK performer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭blackcard

Kilkenny were well in control throughout the match, both midfielders impressed. Team played quality ball into the forwards and generally worked the ball well. A lot of wides. I think there are a few places up for grabs in the forwards.

Wexford had their share of wides too. Yes, K Doyle had a right good match and lovely to see H Shine move so freely after long layoff. J Walsh took his opportunity to perform when he came on.

good win

KK looked a huge team togged out and Wexford struggled with that.. they had lots of pace around the middle but couldn’t use it often

Doyle v good, Hackett had some good moments too

M Murphy took his chances well

i Reckon Laois wil be stronger than Wexford so could be a good game next

Top 4 in Leinster prob KK, Galway, Offaly and Laois but who knows

Kk were training after, don’t think the two Mikey’s will be chanced for league final

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Village87

Marty Murphy is an outstanding talent. Anytime i see him he impresses me, he will be some force in 2/3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭brookville

I caught some of the u19 match yesterday. A wexford lad was telling me they had lads invoved with minor football but this is a great competition for lads who mightn't be ready for u20 cause theres a big gap from 17-20. Wexford were poor enough but i was impressed with number 7 aherne from emeralds,he was good on the ball and verker from glenmore at 6 was very solid.Lahoff was very good and the 2 muckalee lads were very good. It was refreshing to see good fowards ball going in and this is a very worthwhile exercise. Well done to mark aylward and the team.

You could see today we were intent on goals and could of had another 3 or 4 goals. Wexford did cause us bother when they ran at us and i would have concerns over the pace of some of our backs but this is the first day out. The midfield done well at times but i think the wexford pair got 4 or 5 points between them.

We have some good fowards there and what was noticeable was the size of some of our lads. Its obvious things have improved in this department with s&c. Shine definitely has a bit of class but marty stole the headlines and it will be intresting to see how he develops. A big unit and able to hurl.

We got a point near the end hand passed from defense up to Aaron mcevoy so we are definitely adapting to the modern game. Kk have struggled to wx recently so this was an important weekend. The subs were good and there'll be a few changes as the year progresses.

Post edited by brookville on

1-05 from the Wexford midfield

According to WX Gaa stats, 18 wides to 11. From play, KK 4-15 to WX 2-9. KK conceded 19 frees, were awarded 9. At one stage, the free count was 16 to 4. Wexford lads beside me giving out that those 4 frees were soft

• Advertisement

People around me were questioning the number of frees to Wexford. I thought he was giving Wexford frees for similar fouls on us but not blowing them. Good to see our lads just hurling away and not getting frustrated.

Advertisement