Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mullinr2

THe rethoric going into this match is that Clare really need some silverware and there need is greater. I would have the opinion that Kilkennys need is just as great given that this team has lost 4 finals over the last 5 years. Also the fact that no one has given the team credit for beating Limerick. If we can curb Fitzgeralds influence it should go a long way in beating Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Village87

Kilkenny should have the beatings of Clare without Tony Kelly, Shane o Donnell, David Mcinerney and Ryan Taylor. 4 outstanding players

Kilkenny in a great position just after half time U20, Marty Murphy excellent when Kilkenny under pressure in the first half, dragged Kilkenny back into it. Him and Dunne causing havoc in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Butterbeans

Even with those players, Kilkenny have had the beating of Clare the last 2 years. O'Donnell and McInerney on the panel I believe.

Thanks for the update. What's the score?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,834 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Jesus, dunne scored 4-2?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kentu

If you were paying attention over the last few weeks in media you'd have noticed Kilkenny got plenty of credit for the win v Limerick, Plenty of pundits gave great praise and deservedly so, but it should come with a warning when you see Limerick took off Hannon (albeit he was really off the pace and might be Limerick's biggest concern for me), Lynch, Hegarty and Gillane. Hegarty and Gillane were 2 of Limerick's better players that evening and Gillane is never taken off and seeing his body language coming off he didn't look overly worried.

Yes great display, 2 penalty's,himself and Murphy involved in most good things

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭blackcard

• Registered Users Posts: 10,834 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

…….

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Was Niall Holland's goal direct from a puckout?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭brookville

Tj is out today apparently with billy drennan in.he has a hamstring strain.

That's a big loss for us if thats the case, great opportunity for Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Marrooned

weather in Thurles like a fart in the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Marrooned

In Portlaoise today slow slow start went 8 points behind they then rattled off 2-05 in the last quarter before the break and only trailed by a point at half time.with a very strong wind in the second half they ran riot . The pitch was shocking and the referee was worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

Who is the third pundit for TG4 tonight.I know Pat Fleury and Liam Rushe but any idea who the other fella is?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭kksaints

Too many wides is a simple summation of that half. Mullen in particular has driven the same shot wide four times I think. Harsh enough on Hogan to take him off before halftime unless he was injured, Match is still up for grabs but we really need better accuracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Montys return

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Conversations 3

Mossy is flying it, only good point about the second half.

If only he'd started instead of drennan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭C__MC

A good reality check for kilkenny tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭C__MC

I don't know, theyll need to up it, sloppy tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭kksaints

Disappointing result but we gave away two sloppy goals and that really killed us. I never understand why all our players go into the rucks near our goal, someone has to sitback incase it pops out for the opposition to run onto. It's happened too often at this stage, Keoghan did well from play but our forwards were scratchy enough at times and there was too many wides in first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Mossy made a massive difference when introduced. Luke hogan and Billy drennan not up to this level. At least not yet. You can't fault the lads for the comeback but we left ourselves a lot to do. Too many wides in the 1st half. TJ a savage loss but I also think mikey carey will need to come in instead of richie reid wing back when he returns. Donnelly very good 2nd half and cian kenny was good throughout. Missed 3 or 4 goal chances there and the result is disappointing but lyng will be happy in some ways to get that match into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭kk.man

I never want to see that referee again. He decisions were atrocious.

We are the bridesmaids once more but very happy with the come back.

Congratulations Clare and that Adam Hogan is a find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Comerman

Too many wides, too many pot shots when a man in a better position should be found and some starters are way off the pace. Cannot understand why mossy doesn't start ahead of others

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭conor05

Kilkenny would have had two goals themselves except Adrian Mullen refuses to pass the ball to anyone, he is a great hurler but sometimes the pass is on instead of a shot himself.

That was a good tough match so it will stand to both teams but a lot of sloppy errors were mad, grass conditions very poor though in the second half it must be noted.

A very tame penalty attempt by Cody.

Blanchfield tore into Clare and was well up for it, Donnelly, Kenny and Mossy good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭forchange

got what we deserved ref saved us from a beaten

Some of kilkenny players just not good enough

Mossy had as good as it gets again showed he can not pass a ball and when ever thing speeds up he to slow

Hopefully tj ok otherwise we in big trouble

The sad thing is there was 5 players started tonight not near good enough and no sub to bring on

When you see fogarty back on panel

Advertisement