Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So UFOs aren't a theory anymore - but we still don't know what they are

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

For decades cattle mutilations have been attributed to aliens with zero evidence to show that they actually occur.

Massive leap to go from "here's some grainy footage" to "the US military are stealing cow organs to make AI drones for evil purposes."

Again, we're still not really getting any other examples of what these non-human things are supposed to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

The mutilations occur, plenty of evidence of this over the years. There has been no consensus as to who/why it is being done. Again lets silence any questions by attributing it to aliens/UFOs

Look at the language being used now. We've gone from UFOs which had carried alot of the pop culture stigma to UAP and USO. Now we are going from Aliens from outer space to Non Human Biologics. Its the biologics bit that has me very intrigued. Non Human Beings would suggest bodies or whole parts where as Non Human Biologics sounds more cell/tissue based.

Nope. The concsensus is pretty firmly in that they are simply animal attacks.

There's nothing at all connecting these supposed mutilations to either aliens, or a secret government plot to make AI-Cow powered drones.

Yes, they are inventing and appropriating new terms to help market their ideas to certain audiences.

Not sure where you're getting the notion that they are talking about bodies or cells. Very strange thing to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

"Cattle mutilations" are believed to be mostly due to predator attacks and as a result of the animal dying and parasites eating certain parts of the animal

"Non-human" and "Biologics" are references to "aliens". I'm guessing it's terminology to avoid directly saying the words "alien" or "extra-terrestrial".

I do not think that they have confirmed consensus that thousands of cattle mutilations are the result of predation, some maybe but a vast amount are 'unexplained'

I didn't say there was anything connecting them, I am simply stating it is a long held theory and one that appears in numerous books and articles on the subject.

Well if you look up the actual meaning of 'biologics' you may see

What is a biological product?

Biological products include a wide range of products such as vaccines, blood and blood components, allergenics, somatic cells, gene therapy, tissues, and recombinant therapeutic proteins. Biologics can be composed of sugars, proteins, or nucleic acids or complex combinations of these substances, or may be living entities such as cells and tissues.

And I didn't state these were my beliefs either

• Advertisement

I'm pretty convinced now the term Non human intelligence is pure marketing on their part.

Firstly, it sounds more neutral and official to give an air of science while also being a cool new buzzword.

Secondly, it helps mask deflect the baggage and incredulity with the term alien or extraterrestrial. It helps get over the associations with the ancient aliens guy meme.

Thirdly, it lets them appeal to a wider audience of people with wild beliefs as the term can apply to things like interdimensional beings, angels, ghosts, Atlanteans, fairies, the people who live in the Hollow Earth. Of course it still applies to aliens as well, so you don't exclude that audience. In this way, they can market to all of these people as if they are supporting their beliefs.

Alex Jones and his ilk do the same when they refer to "globalists". This term can mean anything from Satanists to Jews to lizard people depending on what the listener believes.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Butson

What do you think the Pilots are seeing in the air?

No, the consensus is that all accounts of mutilations are just normal predators. None are "unexplained".

It's a long held theory that's false, not supported by anything and doesn't make sense.

Just because people believe something for a long time, it doesn't make it true or plausible.

And yes, I know what the term means when it's used in a normal context. I'm pointing out that when people are using it as a buzzword instead of just "aliens" the term isn't defined.

The fellows talking about aliens in congress aren't suggesting that UAPs are actually vaccines or blood compenents.

Like I said some but not all mutilations have been confirmed as the result of predators.

Its an old documentary but had some interesting cases: A Strange Harvest (TV Movie 1980) - IMDb

Extra Terrestrial would mean not of this earth and this cannot be confirmed as no one has any idea of where these UAPs are originating from. No one really wants to say alien either.

Biologics just seems to me a very odd choice of word but obviously carefully chosen but for what reason?

I've had a long interest from the time i could read up until now in all things UFO etc and have read numerous books on the subject along with watching various documentaries and I am still on the fence with regard to what this phenomenon actually is.

• Advertisement

I remember the mystery surrounding crop-circles, watching documentaries and even news reports about it. Experts were claiming that it was simply impossible for people to fake without leaving a trace of evidence, that the circles were so elaborate and in proportion (when viewed from a great height)

Turns out it was people with planks and string doing it all along.

We have a tendency to be fascinated by the mysterious. And some find it difficult to let go when a more mundane explanation appears.

Recent enough article regarding cattle mutilation which is unexplainable and not a result of predation

Who is behind a string of grisly cow deaths in Texas? | Texas | The Guardian

Yes, I was fascinated by the same thing and still am. And yes there are groups who go out in the night and create these using rope and planks...pretty amazing

I am all for the mundane explanations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

*SWAMP GAS* obviously!!

In late March 1966 in Dexter, Michigan, two days of mass UFO sightings were reported, and received significant publicity. After studying the reports, Hynek offered a provisional hypothesis for some of the sightings: a few of about 100 witnesses had mistaken swamp gas for something more spectacular. At the press conference where he made his announcement, Hynek repeatedly and strenuously stated that swamp gas was a plausible explanation for only a portion of the Michigan UFO reports, and certainly not for UFO reports in general. But much to his chagrin, Hynek's qualifications of his hypothesis were largely overlooked, and the term swamp gas was repeated ad infinitum in relation to UFO reports. The explanation was subject to national derision. In his 1977 book, Hynek said that he enjoyed his role as a debunker for the Air Force. He also said that debunking was what the Air Force expected of him.

When Project Sign hired Hynek, he was skeptical of UFO reports. Hynek suspected that they were made by unreliable witnesses, or by persons who had misidentified man-made or natural objects. In 1948, Hynek said that "the whole subject seems utterly ridiculous," and described it as a fad that would soon pass

30 years later..

In a 1985 interview, when asked what caused his change of opinion, Hynek responded, "Two things, really. One was the completely negative and unyielding attitude of the Air Force. They wouldn't give UFOs the chance of existing, even if they were flying up and down the street in broad daylight. Everything had to have an explanation. I began to resent that, even though I basically felt the same way, because I still thought they weren't going about it in the right way. You can't assume that everything is black no matter what. Secondly, the caliber of the witnesses began to trouble me. Quite a few instances were reported by military pilots, for example, and I knew them to be fairly well-trained, so this is when I first began to think that, well, maybe there was something to all this."

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Butson

Like everyone else, I have no idea what's really going on here.

If it is some sort of disinformation campaign, they are not very good at it and the general public don't seem to care either way.

If it is secret US tech, my God but they have incredible technology on their hands. Would make you wonder about wars in Iraq and Afghanistan that dragged on for years costing thousands of lives. Also, to test them in the vicinity of air force pilots, coming to within 50metres of them in mid air? Judging by Russia's war in Ukraine, it most certainly isn't them - maybe China?

To say that this is a US phenomenon is pretty ignorant. Sightings happen all over the world. The best documented mass sighting took place in Zimbabwe. The best up close sighting and subsequent injuries took place in Brazil. The most indepth government report ever done on the topic was in France (Cometa report, read it online).

What I do know is that me, or anyone else commentating on the internet claiming to know more, be better trained or ever have experience of flying an F-15 worth $50million who have come eyeball to eyeball with these things, is pretty laughable.

No where in that article does it say anything about anything being unexplainable.

It's just people saying that they personally can't explain it.

And it sounds exactly like every "mutilation" that is explainable.

Not very convincing I'm afraid. And nothing at all to connect it to the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

This thread has gone to the dogs (or should I say cats). Mutilated cattle, fairies, atlanteans, harvesting organs, anal probing, alien abductions & unexplained flying cats, like is there any chance we could get his thread back on track to discuss the recent revelations at Congress.

The science and possible origins of UAP would make for a more mature conversation.

That's the thing though, the conversation isn't that much more mature.

There's not much of difference between leaping to the notion of aliens being behind these various UAPs as leaping to the notion of aliens being behind mutilations.

And it's the folks going to congress who insist on using their buzzword who are opening the doors to notions like fairies or atlanteans. They, nor anyone on this thread can point out what Non-human intelligence could plausibly mean beyond aliens.

It's the same conversation, just with a veneer of respectability that some parties are going to milk for profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

One of the Senators involved in the recent hearing appeared on Ancient Aliens believes the book of Ezekiel mentions aliens.

Post edited by silliussoddius on

At long last you found someone in the room who was tainted by a skinwalker connection.. feel safer now ?

all the old arguments are getting annoying now see James Fox below.

Shermer bleats on about how one UFO was proven to be prosaic ( a common misdirection, see this thread for more examples)

• Advertisement

Yes, it's finally a safe space. Everything about this new iteration of UFOology is tainted. All roads lead the Skinwalker and the dino beavers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Not reading all this thread but I’m watching some of the senate hearing on you tube interviewing the pilots.

So what’s the craic here? Are these lads taking the piss or what?

Say hello to the new UFO stories, same as the old UFO stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

We don't know. We don't have the answers to what these Phenomenon are . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,642 ✭✭✭✭briany

It is not secret U.S. tech. This kind of speculation dates back a long time. If it were U.S. tech, or tech of anyone else, it would have been brought into mainstream use in order to gain the military or economic advantages such vehicles would offer. Just as stealth bombers were once top secret, and some even sighted as UFOs, but have since become a thing that's known about and used, so would superfast flying saucers. You don't sit on that for 80 years.

One constant about UFOs remains the same - the quality of footage is still absolute shíte. We live in an era where half the world has a super HD camera in their pocket, but no-one can take a clear, up close video of one of these things. Any chance someone could get a video of one of these things landed somewhere like people used to always claim they did? Maybe get a clear video of bigfoot while they're at it?

Very poor attempt at deflection there.

He's making the point that one of the people who we are supposed to be taking deadly seriously was 1. On a very bad, very psuedoscientific TV show and 2. Has some very silly beliefs about aliens in the Bible.

These things should be red flags for someone's credibility.

Which is true, something is unidentified, until it's positively identified. We still have footage, from millions of hours of footage, that took years to positively identify. Likewise there still remains a small amount we haven't identified.

The problem, as always, is people making the leap to "it must be aliens", or attempting to insinuate that, or attempting to support that narrative.

Likewise sonars have picked up sounds from the ocean we haven't identified. It just means we haven't identified them yet, keyword: yet. It doesn't mean "Kraken".

Like a broken record. Its annoying having to type this in every other page.

Everyone knows the pictures/videos/witness testimony available to the public are not conclusive. Though the weight of testimony is compelling (hours of video here). Reliable eye witness testimony is enough to convict in courts of law. Stop infering someone looked at a grainy photo and announced "aliens".

THIS is the conspiracy theory : There IS better evidence, it is being concealed.

One of the CENTRAL outcomes of the recent Senate hearing was to announce under oath that there IS better evidence and it is being concealed, not to provide evidence there and then.

Remember until 2017 there was no formal government UFO investigations and there was no secret videos, all denied until subsequently called out in the New York Times article.

• Advertisement

Believers openly claim unidentified footage is evidence of aliens.

It's my opinion, I strongly suspect, this has spilled into the DoD. With certain current/ex DoD employees, believers, creating false stories and at least one intelligence officer believing them and now providing testimony.

No aliens, no conspiracy theory. Just people making stuff up.

Advertisement