Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭pauldry

6mm of rain so far today

yr.no predicted 11mm so hope it will have cleared by the evening

13c currently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Ongoing heavy rain turned briefly torrential. 13c. 25mm of rain perhaps before it clears.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Really hoping for a good helping of that passing rain here in Dublin 15, it has been far too dry of late and the garden is suffering.

Currently 19C with light rainfall tending moderate.

15mm in nearby Finner so far 9mm in Sligo.....2mm left :p before it stops

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Very muggy feeling today here near Tralee, low overcast stratus with a few bouts of mist and drizzle but nothing recorded yet. Got up to 17.2C and 15.2C now

bFTAyy9.gif

AXOgwRK.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

A cracker in Cork today, sadly I'm in work. 22C today at my station in Cobh, which amazingly makes it the hottest day of the year so far, by a whole 1C too!

Edit: Getting cloudy now, tonight will be a riot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭sporina

A cracker in Cork today, sadly I'm in work. 22C today at my station in Cobh, which amazingly makes it the hottest day of the year so far, by a whole 1C too!

Edit: Getting cloudy now, tonight will be a riot

huh? June 13th was definitely the hottest day of the year here in Cork so far.. i was city and west - hit 26ºCs..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Finally a good shot of rain here in Naas, still warm so I'd expect huge growth over the next 48 hours.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

sporina wrote: »
    huh? June 26th was definitely the hottest day of the year here in Cork so far.. i was city and west - hit 26ºCs..

Ah, thanks for letting me know what the weather's going to be like on Saturday :p

22mm recorded at Finner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

sporina wrote: »
    huh? June 26th was definitely the hottest day of the year here in Cork so far.. i was city and west - hit 26ºCs..

Give me he lotto numbers man not the feckimg weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭sporina

Ah, thanks for letting me know what the weather's going to be like on Saturday :p
    Give me he lotto numbers man not the feckimg weather!

ekk.. post edited..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭OldRio

Seriously windy in Leitrim. I wasn't expecting this.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

The first full 'Strawberry' moon of the summer will rise above the horizon on Thursday, June 24. For the best views, head outside at 9.40pm - not long after the sun sets at 9.24 pm - and cast your gaze towards the southeast and you will spot the glorious disk in the sky.

Can anyone see it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

The first full 'Strawberry' moon of the summer will rise above the horizon on Thursday, June 24. For the best views, head outside at 9.40pm - not long after the sun sets at 9.24 pm - and cast your gaze towards the southeast and you will spot the glorious disk in the sky.

Can anyone see it

The sun sets at 9.59pm this evening and the moon rises at 10.20pm.

Still time for skies to clear in some parts of the far NW for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Shepards Delight

Danno wrote: »
    The sun sets at 9.59pm this evening and the moon rises at 10.20pm.

Still time for skies to clear in some parts of the far NW for this.

Weather In Mount Dillon here
    11c 14kmh North Westerlies
    To much Cloud. Cover this side
    On the bright side it is now dry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

As bleak as any late October evening with a wind that is beginning to howl. Still, one advantage to a dull early twilight summer evening is that it really draws out the darker shades of green from the trees leaves and hedges etc. Adds to them an almost ominous beauty.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,099 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Summer in Ireland, when the brightest part of the day is 1038pm.

Just 1mm rain in Arklow this evening
    Still 15c
    Rain arrived around 8pm

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

13.4c atm in Dublin 16. 1.8mm this afternoon/evening. Didn't start raining until around 6pm. High of 21.2c today.

• Advertisement

Not much more than a trace. How far off is the Dublin Region/SE from water restrictions?

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Not much more than a trace. How far off is the Dublin Region/SE from water restrictions?

Just 1mm down here in Arklow from about 8pm
    Whilst ground here is very dry now,the water table is still comfortably high from all the rain from January into spring

11c this morning.

The only difference between April May and June this year and Winter has been the days are longer.

It was 13c lots in Winter and it is even colder now in Summer.

I know the East has had Summer but I think wev had 2 days over 20c and the rest freezing.

Also trace to 5mm of rain on 23 of the 24 days bar yesterday when there was 18mm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

pauldry wrote: »
    11c this morning.

The only difference between April May and June this year and Winter has been the days are longer.

It was 13c lots in Winter and it is even colder now in Summer.

I know the East has had Summer but I think wev had 2 days over 20c and the rest freezing.

Also trace to 5mm of rain on 23 of the 24 days bar yesterday when there was 18mm

I grew up in the SE and live in Dublin, I've thought about living in other parts of the country but the weather in the West and North compared to here puts me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Going by the Google forecast today should be the last cool day in the West with the temp gradually climbing to 24c by next Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Seanachai wrote: »
    I grew up in the SE and live in Dublin, I've thought about living in other parts of the country but the weather in the West and North compared to here puts me off.

Was close to moving to Sligo a few years ago and this is why I decided not to in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Its funny, my wife just mentioned to me yesterday that it seems like everyone is headed to Wexford (including ourselves) at some stage this summer for staycations from talking to the other mothers in our kids school!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Mimon wrote: »
    Was close to moving to Sligo a few years ago and this is why I decided not to in the end.

Sligo is a wonderful place to live in all weathers. This year has been particularly cold but it doesnt rain as much as it does in Mayo and Galway.

There are many dry days but the temperatures are lower than most of the rest of the country.

E.g post above says temperatures in West will go up next week, well the Northwest will still be cool. Id say 16 or 17c to 24c in lots of other areas and the old evening sea fog.

Last year we had way more sunshine. This Summer its about 40 or 50% of normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

The south's weather is terrible aswell pish every day

• Advertisement

Bad for the last days in Dublin. Except for a miserable weekend a few weeks ago the rest of the summer has been good.

Advertisement