Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

A little bit of sun at times I Arklow but mostly cloudy again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Stunning day yet again in west cork. About 21 degrees with clear blue skies. Beach is full also!

Fully sunny here for the last while,beautiful evening

Max was 17.6c,with a gusty NE wind direct off that cold sea,gusting 30kmh

Currently 16.6c

• Registered Users Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭pauldry

Blank day.

Grey. No wind no sun no fog no rain .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Grey all day here in Meath too and feeling on the cool side compared to recent days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Fantastic day again in East Cork. Feeling like mid summer.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Really great day here near Tralee after early morning fog cleared, got up to 20.7C, 14.6C atm

NASA EOSDIS from today

https://worldview.earthdata.nasa.gov/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

Fairly non descript morning

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

same as yesterday, another slate grey day. Looks like staying mostly cloudy between now and the weekend until the dry spell breaks. Drizzle here now and feeling fairly chilly.

Post edited by Gonzo on

Suns poking through here near Arklow, just!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭lolie

A dull grey overcast day like yesterday until it brightened up after 3pm.

Its clouded over again but it's a lot brighter than earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭alentejo

Found it cold in Dublin today. Esp in a breeze

It was fairly chilly most of today in Meath too, especially early in the afternoon with that breeze along with drizzle and slate grey cloud. It did brighten up in the late afternoon with a bit of warmth temporarily and then became cloudy and cool again after 6pm. Hopefully a bit milder and more in the way of sunshine over next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Looking at the latest satellite sequence and there appears to be some sort of evil face to the NNW of Ireland setting its focus on us as it prepares its jaws to take a big bite.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

That could be Ulster gone.. the permanent partition of the island 🙈

The last few days have felt autumnal. It seems temperatures dropped back a little more than the 1c per day predicted.

It's grand and mostly dry, but you need an extra layer or so clothing and you feel the contrast more after last week.

When I retire I aim to buy a beach house in Arklow..forget the Cote d'Azur, Florida, the Bahamas🙂

You wouldn't like it today

Not 🇬🇷

I was thinking the same, temperatures are actually fairly poor considering the time of year. We had about 20 minutes of sunshine yesterday and the difference that made to the temperature while it was shining was alot. Once the sun went back in under the clouds it felt very cool again combined with the chilly east breeze.

Fully cloudy here again today, slate grey murk and on the cool side. Temperatures this week have struggled to get much past the mid teens in many places, certainly cooler than I expected. Currently only 14C here, a temperature that wouldn't be out of place in late October or early November.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭pauldry

Another beautiful day 19c and sunny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,099 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Clear warm and sunny here in Castlebar

A chilly feeling 15c in Arklow with a howling NE breeze

Sun is popping out a bit

Just after turning on the central heating for a while, today really is noticeably chilly. Outside temperature is 14C but feels more like 10C.

The last couple of days were near perfect for me with both temps & dps way down on recent days. Pleasant to work out with a light but lovely feeling breeze.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Just realised we've no oil. Or oil tank connected to the boiler.

Better sort that.

Felt very cold this evening with NE breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭acequion

Looks like we over west and south west are the lucky ones for a change. While the past two days have been overcast they've been nice and warm. I can go to work in nice summer clothes, in fact all the ladies are in pretty summer finery and feeling comfortable, perhaps even a little too warm in our south facing, un air conditioned building. I'm delighted with it and hope the temps stay like this for a while longer. Sunshine is lovely but distracting when you have to work. I'm happy once it's warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Notably cooler since Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,928 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Another grey day in Dublin. We got like a week of nice weather in August, or was it more?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Had the heating on last night for a few hours. Noticeably colder.

• Advertisement

Nationally speaking, temps for August came in at 0.3c above average (lower than I would have thought) with mean maxima finishing around average and mean minima above. Rainfall about 110% but as with temps, plenty of regional variation.

From Met Eireann.

New Moon

Advertisement