Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

PTH2009 wrote: »
    One of the problems here is NPHET/Dr Tony won't accept that the virus is less deadly to the younger population

I love all these blithe statements based on no evidence whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Surprised to hear this from Staines of all people but..

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/coronavirus-in-ireland-no-spike-in-cases-after-dublin-street-parties-n6z8n62tt

Imagine my surprise. I’m shocked, shocked I tell ya..

That is rather shocking to see alright, might be the first time ISAG haven't abused a situation to fearmonger

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

PTH2009 wrote: »
    One of the problems here is NPHET/Dr Tony won't accept that the virus is less deadly to the younger population

Every single one of their presentations and the CMO letters says otherwise.

Sometimes I wonder if there exists another NPHET organisation that I'm not aware of? There's definitely a NPHET that exists in thread that I can't find anywhere in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

No COVID patients in James’s for first time since. March 2020

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Stheno wrote: »

After that he's heading to Rome for an audience with the pope I believe!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

He will definitely go for the presidency here

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    He will definitely go for the presidency here

By all accounts that was definitely his plan prior to the pandemic but i cant see him getting it now tbh. Every decision or recommendation he has given in the last year will be picked apart and thrown back at him during a campaign.

Also he still has the cervical check scandal hanging over him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭corkie

https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1403019039534944267

As of midnight, Wednesday 9 June, we are reporting
    398*
    confirmed cases of #COVID19.

23 in ICU. 70 in hospital.

*Daily case numbers may change due to future data review, validation and update.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

I understand it's the Pope that will travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Ficheall

VinLieger wrote: »
    By all accounts that was definitely his plan prior to the pandemic
    Sure isn't that why he brought the bat soup to the country in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Turtwig wrote: »
    Every single one of their presentations and the CMO letters says otherwise.

His letters may say otherwise but that ill-advised tweet (that he still stands over) did not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭hynesie08

His letters may say otherwise but that ill-advised tweet (that he still stands over) did not.

The one that doesn't mention young people?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭aziz

Love those shows,have you seen the one with billy connolly

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

Yeah the same places who had blue collar workers warned if they voted for BREXIT the international factories would close.

They voted for BREXIT and the factories closed.

There’s quite possibly a correlation to buying into conspiracy theories online etc etc. You’re seeing similar issues in parts of the US too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

corkie wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/roinnslainte/status/1403019039534944267

As of midnight, Wednesday 9 June, we are reporting
    398*
    confirmed cases of #COVID19.

23 in ICU. 70 in hospital.

*Daily case numbers may change due to future data review, validation and update.

Lowest ICU number since December 26th.

7 day average in cases is 366 the lowest its been since December 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

25% of cases in the North are the Indian variant. Projections today state there could 1200 cases per day by July 1st. I'm not a misery guys or a doom monger. Just relaying what they said.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,336 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    25% of cases in the North are the Indian variant. Projections today state there could 1200 cases per day by July 1st. I'm not a misery guys or a doom monger. Just relaying what they said.

Be nice if anybody could tell us what the current death rate from Covid is?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,212 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Source for those projections ?? I've googled and can't find anything other than public health saying the situation is stable

Just curious to read it

Edit: found it buried in the executives website

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Source for those projections ?? I've googled and can't find anything other than public health saying the situation is stable

Just curious to read it

Rte News , not sure if they made it up or had confirmed projections !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Just curious to read it

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0610/1227395-delta-variant-update/ but no actual projections.

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Found the document deep in the executives website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

It is interesting that the delta variant is present in many countries but we are only seeing fast growth in the UK. The EU is largely using Pfizer whereas the UK is largely using AZ. I wonder as more data emerges will it turn out that Pfizer is doing a much better job at stopping the spread of delta, compared to AZ.

is_that_so wrote: »

Pulled the projections from point 25 here

https://t.co/L1NdU3CkOz?amp=1

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

iamwhoiam wrote: »

I found this
    "In addition, while vaccination remains effective it is somewhat less effective against Delta variant compared with Alpha variant.

"In the event of the Delta variant becoming dominant, modelling indicates the potential for a significant fresh surge of positive cases and hospitalisations by late summer/early autumn.

"It needs to be emphasised that this is by no means inevitable. Modelling is not a prediction and there are many uncertainties in every potential scenario."

The Delta variant was first confirmed in Northern Ireland in early May.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0610/1227395-delta-variant-update/

No mention of 1200 cases a day by July though

Was it George Lee by any chance who made this statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,972 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The amount of haters of an honest man doing his job is unreal.
    And all of this while his wife suffered and died from cancer. It's only been four months since she passed away.

Imagine thinking that a man tending to his ill wife when he's not working has hidden agendas. Just unreal how crazy so many have become.

Pulled the projections from point 25 here

https://t.co/L1NdU3CkOz?amp=1

Ignore my post so

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

We need to be watching Northern Ireland, they were canary in the coal mine before we went mad and opened up for Christmas and hundreds lost their lives as a result.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

The delay in adding India to the Red list in the UK is the source of this bs. Boris had a trip planned to India regarding a new trade deal and IMO the delay was due to this. Then once it was announced India would be added to the red list , it wasn't enacted for weeks. In that time over 126 direct flights landed in the UK from India whilst it was out of control there. Its sickening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Polar101

Do people just trawl through Twitter for tweets they don't like, so that they can be triggered for weeks? It's hard to understand why some people are so obsessed with Tony H. I certainly wouldn't spend any time reading what he puts up on Twitter.

Advertisement