Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's all in your head, honeyjo. Must be, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

New Home yeah 🙄

Grrr ! Doctors

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭3d4life

Honeyjo "...I've had tendonitis in my right elbow since january and I'm in a LOT of pain..."

Ugh !

I had a GP spin me the same story on tendonitis, 6 months on it was still there. Turned into/out to be rheumatoid arthritis !

Take phone photos of any joint/muscle swelling/flares, make notes, build your case. I have seem some poor sods with RA who were fobed off by GP untill it was far far to late to do anything about joint damage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

In Tesco earlier,went to the toilet and came out.My trolley was gone.

Went looking for it,couldnt find it.No one around to ask,so went to Customer Service.Queue a mile long.

Seen a man who works there.So i said excuse me.

He turned around in the rudest and narkiest voice.Im not in work.So abrupt.

I have never complained about anyone before but i did him.Manners cost nothing.

Still didnt find my trolley.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Trying to negotiate the boards forums, now that I can find Ranting and Raving, where the hell is the area containing, Helpdesk, Dispute Resolution and the likes of the Feedback thread. They don't seem to be in particular groups or lists in the categories.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Feedback is under 'Talk to' ...boards. Top left of screen, see attached. On mobile, top left also, in a drop down menu.

I think I read that Help Desk etc are still out there somewhere trying to find their way onto the new platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The rain yesterday. It was like being back in Flroida at times. All me lovely herbs are flattened :(

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I don’t know ic this only happens to me, but with the new site, I click on my avatar and a pop up box with my followed threads comes up. But sometimes it doesn’t come up after I’ve read the thread. So i have to click into some random thread on the home page and then do the avatar thing again.

Also, the search function is still crap.

On the old boards I could post music videos but now on this new one it's saying I haven't been around long enough to post links. Weird.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

You have only 19 posts. Normally you need 50 at least before you can post pics/vids. That was the way on old boards anyway

• Advertisement

Maybe there's a mistake in my post count or something because I was posting music on the old boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah in the switchover I lost about a hundred odd posts, you should get in touch with Boards to get these posts reinstated.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,814 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Listening to Spotify for the first time in a few days and something has changed not for the better, the free version is no longer Spotify as it’s been known, it’s tonight anyway an advertisement platform that plays the odd song as opposed to a music streaming service that has the odd advertisement.... pretty crap... trying clearly to bug the fück out of you until you pay for it....

You know what it is that trivial annoys me....sweet sweet hearted people who are a load of fun on a night out and they do it just because everyone else is being quiet (dryshytes) so they try to get everyone else going....so they put themselves out there....but then everyone the next day is...'did ya hear your one....she was locked...' ....just saying, was out with a girl who's a pure skitter this evening and is so fun to be around...but I know how others can/could take her up the wrong way....it just trivial annoys me how....it's like....she comes out with the jokes, she says alot of the fun bulcrap everyone was talking about....don't mean that insulting...mean she brought up all the conversation....what I mean to say is she is making the fun but it's not recognized....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Boards.ie emoji fixed 🎉

Boards.ie emoticons broken :pac:

It is what it's.

Clearly copying the YouTube format (how they can mess up something that was pretty much perfect, now they can't even play random mode without two songs looping over each other).

It is what it's.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I hate seeing those photos in the olympics when they put the medals in their mouths

There's a reform/rehab centre on a route I travel. Just inside the gate on a hand-carved wooden plaque is

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Remember

where you

came from.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Yeah no, I'm somewhat sure the reason the people who go there did what they were doing to end up there was to try to forget where they came from.

Something more useful perhaps would have been "Remember where you parked."

It is what it's.

Whilst it is not a bad thing for mental health to be in focus the amount of headlines for Simone Biles is starting to annoy me. No one knew who she was 2 weeks ago.

Also bear in mind she took the place of another person who could have fulfilled their lifetime ambitions of going to the olympics.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Ah now that's abit unfair. She has gymnastic moves named after her. Her dismounts are deemed too dangerous so are given lower scores to discourage other gymnasts from trying them.

She should have been a "sure thing" so it does highlight how pressure and stress can absolutely overcome a person.

That said I'll be honest and say I haven't watched much of the Olympics so I don't know how much air time she has received on the matter.....but she wasn't unknown two weeks ago :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,814 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m reading that those of you / us who pay for Spotify Premium so not to hear adds, are going to have to hear adds when listening to podcasts regardless as to you paying for said premium or not...likely in the future they’ll introduce adds after every xx song on premium.

In the context that most people wouldn't be able to name a single gymnast I stand by what I said. More power to the girl but it reminds me of the time that Ireland could not go to the world cup because of French cheating and then France just spent their brief time in the tournament fighting with each other before being quickly eliminated. She could have let someone else go to the olympics that would have seized their opportunity and remembered the occasion for the rest of their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

She’d be the one gymnastic most people would be able to name. She was a “phenomenon” last time around and people really expected big things for this one.

Very sad that she had to pull out but fair play to her for knowing that’s what was needed. It’s also pretty sad, but in a different sense, that a load of men, stuck to couches, are getting so “worked up” about it.

The tide is turning…

It is a trivial annoyance thread. Haven't really thought about it that much other than posting here. The medals in the mouth annoys me more.

Another annoyance is that I am just getting to the end of a cold sore and feel another one starting :(

And my tooth is still sore with only one day of drugs left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

Paul O'Donovans' hair style!!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

Nobody knew who Simone Biles was two weeks ago? Are you mad? Not everybody would know her but she’s one of the most famous sportspeople in the world.

As for another person getting her spot - shoulda woulda coulda. She qualified, they didn’t. She didn’t know what was to transpire in the future.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Never heard of her, either, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

Pawwed Rig claimed that “no one” had heard of her two weeks ago which even if exaggerating is ludicrous.

Relax guys it is a trivial annoyance. No need to get knickers in a twist. I remember some other guy getting upset because no one here knew who some Dublin footballer was as in his circles everyone did. People move in different circles and have different interests. Hardly a surprise is it?

• Advertisement

I broke the dam....

Advertisement