Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

People who buy extra virgin olive oil and then use it to cook with

That tesco ad on the radio about the fella who can’t read so him and his mam make burgers

Oh my God yes, yer man's voice is so annoying in that ad.

A sadness has enveloped me.

Also, itchy bastard fly bites. One of the few downsides of the lovely weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,856 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Went for a country walk today and some middle aged cyclist shouts at me, "look at what you're wearing, you haven't a f*cking clue", and then cycles off.

I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt which is obviously fine for this weather. If I had to guess his issue, I'd say it was because they were both black which can be warmer in the sunshine, but it's what I f*cking wear and I never felt too warm in them.

But never mind what I was wearing, what total c*nt thinks he should shout that at a passing stranger!

• Advertisement

I had annual leave booked for tomorrow but cancelled it early last week, I'm absolutely kicking myself now and I know every minute will feel like an hour in there, beyond annoyed with myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Yes, please tell me again how incredible healthy your diet is since you are living on pre-prepared meals. All that while you are noticeably overweight despite exercise.

Of course it pains me to hear that you have to fight with your housemates over sufficient space in the freezer, because you need to have your whole weekly supply of healthy, frozen ready meals in there.

A middle aged person who lives on ready meals, lives in a house share with several other people.

No, I think I am too busy to help you with your project, I don’t think I need to hear more about your impressive way to manage your life.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Comments on local Facebook page, where someone handed in a phone they found, at a local shopping centre, and so the owner got it back... 'restores my faith' 'oh so there are some honest people still around'...trivially annoy me.

I think there are lots of honest people around. If I (and most people I know are the same) found something be it a phone, or money or whatever, I would do my best to make sure it got back to the rightful owner. I don't think that's unusual tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I accidentally dislodged one of those fuzzy white spider egg ball yokes when I was cleaning up an old box. Then I realised the Mammy spider was still in the box and I can’t stop thinking how I have murdered her babies :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The watch I'm wearing at the moment, the strap seems slightly too tight at one notch and slightly too loose at the next 🤣

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Not sure where to post this because it didn’t annoy me it actually made me laugh, but I saw a post on social media asking what are the nicest “hims” to sing at a wedding, they then corrected the post and said “sorry meant to write hymens not hims!!!”

Don’t know what’s worse hymens or hims 🤣🤣

Dear god

Thanks retro, that's brilliant. 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Having a black car with a black leather interior in this weather is driving me mad, I've resulted in starting the car 10 minutes before I leave work with the air con on full wack so the car is some bit cool

• Registered Users Posts: 24,892 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I don’t have aircon... And the way this and our future summers are heading it’s gonna be needed methinks ... found a website tonight for my folks and indeed myself that was selling nice remote controlled, robust, powerful, modern, digital and stylish looking rotating stand fans....ordered 3 but checking out I’m asked for a PIN number, no problem naturally, a PAN number... which I ain’t got and never was asked for.... so transaction not processing.... the fûck have businesses got to make trying to give them money in return for services even more complex... tried my dads card and he’s been asked too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

My gym leaves all the windows open to let air circulate throughout the place, and it offers a decent view from the window also. My main TA though is the amount of people there on Monday eve just sitting around and playing with their phones instead of actually working out. One in particular sat down on the rowing machine and started playing with her phone before I had a chance to get the antibacterial spray to wipe it down after using it.

Anyway I felt great after the gym session on Monday eve but now on Wednesday morning I can feel my ankle ligaments playing up again 😞 Also it's been a loooooong week in work so far and it's still only Wednesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,361 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Today is my first vaccine day and I have been getting very sick all morning and only got about an hours sleep last night. Stomach is just doing somersaults and nothing I do is getting the thought of needles out of my head.

I think it's gonna be an awful experience, will definitely faint and I have to log back online to work when I get home. I wonder can I bring in a sick bag into the vaccination center?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Just look away, you'll barely feel it. It's tiny, not like the darning needles they keep showing on TV. Good luck

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Make it known immediately to the staff at the centre that you are unwell, and may faint. I saw a post on one of the cv threads, a while back, where a poster did that, and they were seen by a nurse who was experienced with dealing with people with a phobia about needles (in their case).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

People who park badly and take up two parking spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭sporina

Ordered a Birthday large card on Moonpig - postman bent it putting it thru the letterbox - and it says on the envelope "PLEASE DO NOT BEND"... grrrr..

Post edited by sporina on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

That the ignore function is gone.

not sure if you are on mobile or desktop but it is definitely there on desktop. Go to the users profile and select the ignore option as per below

• Registered Users Posts: 10,565 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Getting stuck with drafts of posts that won’t go away.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

And if their profile is set to private, you can add them to ignore by typing in their name, instead.

didn't know you could set your profile to private.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,361 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I actually did. The vaccinators and the nurse that looked after me were absolutely lovely. Couldn't fault them at all and I had no issue with bringing someone in once I explained to the soldiers/security guards that I was a fainter.

Only issue was surrounding the person that you go to register with. The nurse told me that I should of told them that I was a fainter as there is a procedure in place to deal with such cases and was shocked when I told her that I did and that their reply to me was that they weren't a medical professional so wasn't their problem. There was also another issue with this individual when signing in for which the nurse is also going to have a word with on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭Be right back

Not being able to see who has liked a comment that I posted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Archeron

There appears to be a ridiculously energetic spider living in my car. Every morning I use a brush to get rid of the epic web he keeps making on the back headrest and every morning it's back again. I'm just hoping he's not one of those big hairy feckers and that he doesn't drop on my head while im driving because I haven't actually seen him yet.

Advertisement