Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The smell of sun cream, even the unfragranced ones stink

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Agree, a number of things I miss, it seems now that it'll be mods who only know the post count of a thread as the post number is now missing, so threads could disappear as they hit the 10,000 mark and we'd have no idea that they did. I also notice that the number of thanks displayed don't tally with the numbers shown in the small box sometimes. Getting used to it a bit, but page load is really fecking slow at times.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The heat, I know we don't get it often and all that but I'm really not built for it! Herself is outside loving it while I need a bucket of suncream and a brush to paint it onto myself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Who the fück rocks into a caravan park, overlooking a glorious beach, on the nicest day of the year, and thinks that everyone around wants to hear fücking Classic Hits FM blaring out of your shïtty Yaris car speakers all day?

edit: Ha! One of my fellow residents (I’ve a mobile here) just went over to the car, turned the radio off, slammed the door and walked off. Fücking hero! The auld lad who owns the car came out of his caravan bewildered, looking around, but he’s got the message. He didn’t put it back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Bredabe

This message from the dr's in response to me asking for a prescription for my day to day vital meds(not one of them is a known addictive substance)

"Hi X, I just sent a message to Y pharmacy to give you 3 months of your meds, before we can renew this script you will have to have a blood draw at your job or in the clinic".

Yes, am aware but I'm not the one who broke the blood testing system in the local hospital! Nor do I have the ability to help the people who are trying to stitch the system back together. 🙄

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR tatata

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Bredabe

People who don't buy fans when they are on sale(all things being equal) and now complaining loudly that they cant get any or the ones they can are very expensive.

IN A HEAT WAVE! its not like they go off or need specially storing.

If I live to see another hot day/heatwave I'll bet it will be the same talk from the same ppl.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Can't make fried eggs! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

It feels very much like I am posting alone in the forums now. Cant even see who is about anymore, if anyone - I must've taken this for granted in the old setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,309 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Davy Fritz’s poor me rants!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Not being able to sleep in this heat and then when I do start drifting someone starts a Kango Hammer and keeps going for hours.

My neighbours at the moment, playing some game and having to listen to ooohh, ahhhhh, and banging the table to cheer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭3d4life

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Somehow in the migration, this thread was unbookmarked for me. I was thinking to myself, 'there's no way people aren't complaining a) about the new board and b) about the heat. And I was right!

TA for the day is my cat doesn't like the dry food we have him on. But his tummy is too sensitive to eat the wet food we give the other cat. So he just sits beside her bowl and sadly watches her eat it. He'll only eat his own food if he's starving. Breaks my heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,365 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

TA the heat is killing me and now it is also causing the stench of human waste to waft out of the sewers 🤢 No one else seems to be able to smell it yet, the joys of having a nose like a bloodhound.

Also decided to try a new dish for the first time at the Chinese and it was disgusting and making my stomach feel unsettled.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Loads of people banned are spamming the joint

The heat is killing me

Other stuff as well

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

How kind, thank you 3d4life! I changed it because the new circle avatar took out most of the image (ta). So this one is in honour of our missing comrade the pac :) ...it is a th (trivial happy) to be able to add our own images now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

So much has changed in our world Deja, how could you!

Just kidding! Love the idea that it's in honour of pac! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TA trying to work out where Ranting and Raving is, used to have a tab at top right called My Forums and it was just a matter of clicking that. I love this thread and R&R is a whole bunch of this in different threads. Can any kind soul point me in the direction of finding R&R.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I don't think the correct access has been restored for everyone, for some fora it's still work in progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,893 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m a member of a great gym where I go twice or three times a week for a general workout alone, but attend another gym once a week for health classes... the class has thankfully had an exemption from the department of health to continue during covid.

the one for classes which the company just lease, while a much older facility seems to have NO air conditioning whatsoever in the main hall...last week during the heatwave the trainer opened up all the emergency exits to secure a flow of air into the hall, felt this was safer then having people collapsing ... his and our reward for this was multiple people coming from the adjoining car park traipsing into the hall through and past an ongoing class with people doing everything from balancing exercising, yoga exercises etc as well as short sprints... all because these fûckin eejits can’t be arsed walking around an extra 90 seconds on the outside and around to reception at the front of the building they are walking ‘through’ an actual active gym class full of people trying to exercise....

The last dickhead was on her phone and nearly bumped into a guy just inside the door.

people - seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

(not to get political)

Maybe supervised injection centres are a super solution. Maybe they are not. I leave that to the medical experts

My TA is Aodhán Ó Ríordáin who blasted a school in Dublin 8 as pretty much having deaths on their hands for objecting while I do remember the bould Aodhán being asked on the radio if he would accept a centre in his home area of Clontarf and answered eh,ummm, eh, no not for Clontarf

I leave this to the medical experts but if you are going to demand a centre why is it good enough for some places but not near me?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,856 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

TA "I dont want an injection centre near me" types but somehow fine with people injecting in full view of everyone, in broad daylight, in doorways etc.

Unless you plant one on Mars it's going to be near someone's house or school or business. Grow up Ireland ffs.

Back in work for another week. It's a balls the weekends are so short. Oh my God the depression. 😭😭😭

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

I arrived into work. The loaf of bread for my toast was covered in mould. The milk was sour and my eggs were out of date :(

Can I go back to bed please ? 😫

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Some music-related TAs...

Radio DJs and their goofy and/or over-accented voices. There's a guy I think he's on Nova with Jim who throws his voice. He forgot to do it once. Reminded me of the time Adrian Kennedy had someone "phone in" to talk about a really disturbing topic. But after the break they'd forgotten to use the phone voice synthesiser and the "caller"'s voice was as clear as Kennedy's until they copped it.

Lazy radio stations, lazy DJs and their lazy playlists. Ever since I watched a DJ at a wedding sitting down and faffing on his mobile the entire night - he'd obviously just clicked on WEDDING.m3u and let it play through - I've a whole new respect for the twatty DJs who bop along with their hands waving through the air for hours at a time 🖐

Clap-tracks in music. Omfg, such a LAZY timing device. 3 minutes of clap... clap...

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Try the Piz Buin (cheapest in Dealz), there's an initial smell but disappears quicker than most.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

That ad with the kids whining about climate change.

I agree with the sentiment, but how was that ever going to be an effective advertising strategy? I swear the more I see it the more I want to burn this whole motherfucker to the ground for spite....

Ya, I really think they need to get somebody a little cooler to promote this stuff.

Even locally they are two teenagers into it. They are very eccentric, vegans, always whining on Instagram and they don't t really sell the movement very well.

• Advertisement

I bought a T-shirt online and the website crashed when I was doing it and said try again.

So, I ordered it again.

A while later I got two dispatched e-mails.

The t=shirts arrived on two separate days.

The colour looked different but I decided to keep one.

I went into the shop and returned it.

I was about to leave the shopping center and checked my online banking and I realised that instead of being refunded I was charged again for the t-shirt and had to go back again.

Advertisement