Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,813 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The pollen count according to met eireann today in Leinster is ‘moderate’ ... but my eyes are scratchy, irritable and watery as fûck... only in the last 20 minutes can I feel things improving....

im reading that hay fever can get worse for anybody anytime in their life.. it’s getting worse here. My dad feeling the same so not just me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Pop-up ads showing disgusting stuff like ear wax removal. Bleurgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'd say go for Anbesol Liquid would do the trick and doesn't taste as nasty as clove oil. https://lloydspharmacy.com/products/anbesol-liquid-10ml

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I prayed to all of the gods this morning that the skip being picked up at 6am would fall on the fancy BMW of the house who had the skip. Didn't happen. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My hair is fuzzy and uncontrollable in this heat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 15,758 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Cig butts on the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

More than a trivial annoyance really but people recommending IMO dangerous or just basically of unknown safety swimming spots to people under the guise of #wildswimming. We’ve already seen the usual spate of hot weather drownings and some of the places I’ve seen suggested to people in articles and on social media have raised an eyebrow in me. Like, beautiful, glacial valley lakes that are truly stunning but which drop off fast and people will accompany with comments like “Oh, mind the sharp bouldery bottom or those currents!”. Oh, is that all?

And many of these more dangerous lakes have water sources near the top of the mountains so cold water shock is still a concern in this weather. It’s just so irresponsible! Maybe it’s because I grew up near a few dangerous lakes that I’m very cautious but I just don’t think people get how dangerous bodies of water can be, even if you’re a strong swimmer. I’m not a strong swimmer and I know it so maybe that makes me more sensible too. Just be careful out there, people, and stick to the boring old vetted spots. 😄

Noticed red flags flying at a beach during the week, but ignored by heaps of people who thought it didn't apply to them.

Ugh, remember when "wild" swimming was just called swimming? Notions.

• Advertisement

THANK YOU. Isn’t “wild swimming” just… swimming in a non-manmade body of water? The likes of which people have been doing since they walked upright?

I’m convinced that it’s the “strong swimmers” who get into difficulties more. They see the red flags and think “Be grand”. Whereas I KNOW I’m crap and most certainly won’t be grand! 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

When hair dye turns out darker than expected!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Infuriated by the fact that Latitude, a 40,000 capacity festival is happening across the water, but we are doing sweet fcuk all and the glorious weather happening, screaming for a camping music festival. What mills my gears even more is that a 10,000 capacity festival Wild Roots in County Sligo had to cancel and was supposed to happen in three weeks time, a ridiculous state of affairs. I'm not anti-vax and I've complied right from the start and still I'm seeing the things I love being cancelled, I mean FFS, they are out in a bloody field, make them the test events for christ sake with a fully briefed covid aware security.

Post edited by bodhrandude on

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Beffs

TA by paper straws for iced coffee drink....sigh....yes, I know they are better for the planet than plastic ones, but....

Paper straws are so soft, they can not puncture the crossed shaped cut in the hard plastic lid that you are supposed to insert your straw into. Not talking about the soft lids that McDonalds use. I mean the hard plastic ones that coffee shops (like Insomnia) give out. So you take the lid off, tear the lid opening a bit wider with your fingers, so you can insert the straw into it. And then your fingers get sticky from the wet drink lid. So then your paper straw is sitting in your drink and guess what happens to paper when its immersed in liquid? Yes. It gets wet and soft. Imagine that !

So the soft, wet straw is sitting up against a torn, jagged piece of hard plastic and it gets cut, or bent and it just stops working, with your drink barely half finished. I know the polar bears and rain forests appreciate my struggles and I am delighted for them...but I just wish it wasn't so damm hard to enjoy a nice iced Americano during the heatwave....sign....

Imo straws in drinks are for children.

I was giving out on here about a neighbors alarm that from time to time gets activated at varying hours of the AM...I think they must work nights.

now another alarm started going off, ten minutes ago, MUCH nearer, a much higher pitched, louder, hyper annoying tone.... breaking the blissful summer evening peace, the other was just annoying but this I’m thinking in the dead of quiet in about 90 minutes when I want to sleep will make things impossible...

Then how is one supposed to consume said drink, when the lids do not have an aperture to put ones mouth to? Osmosis?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Open the lid?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

If you're walking around, taking the lid off isn't really ideal, too easy to spill.

I bought reusable silicon straws in Lidl recently and they're great. Wide enough to deal with frozen or thick drinks like smoothies, and they just slide apart so you can clean them in the dishwasher, no faffing about with brushes, etc.

TA: My new neighbour is building something in his garden and using our shared fence as a foundation. Very ominous creaking noises coming from it, I'm fully convinced he's going to break it.

• Advertisement

And half the drink slops into the cup holder in the car, or on the ground while walking? Eh, no thanks.

You shouldn't drink and drive, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA at people [on the internet in general] who will turn anything you say into something much worse.

There's a scandal going on within a famous business overseas (sexual harassment lawsuit) and one of the former managers of that company (from 10 years ago) spoke recently and said he apologises for what went on and that he wish he could've said something at the time (the issue has been going on for decades, apparently).

I wrote "that's hindsight. No point in saying that now"

And one or two replies came at me, accusing me of believing he should've stayed silent, effectively calling me a sympathiser, and that they should not be called out when they do something bad. Like they really twisted my words and made it into something entirely worse. Instantly muted the thread and ignored it from then on but what a horrible thing to accuse someone of being when I was on the victims' side!!

Social media - namely Twitter - is a dangerous place if you're not the slightest bit careful with your terminology, wording, and slang. Nutbags, the lot of 'em.

Stupid people who ignore Dont Feed Bread to the Birds signs and insist on chucking mouldy chunks of bread at them.

I woke to this fûcking thing going off again, literally as I’m typing it’s stopped after about four hours... I am reading that alarms were supposed to have an automatic shutoff after 15 minutes by law... it was going about 4... fûcking... hours...Sunday morning.... I hope these cünts get run over by a fûcking hearse, ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

For NO REASON WHATSOEVER my stainless steel measures where moved from where they have hung since 2013!

they were moved to a drawer(that I cant see them in)

TA Ppl who cant just leave things where they are or tell ppl where they are moving them to.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I remember a time when you could travel from one place to another with having to use the social crutch/accessory of a coffee to accompany you. 😕 😉

My trivial annoyance at the moment is the music that a neighbour has been playing all day, blasting it from the other side of the estate, across the green. It's not extremely loud but it's more the fact that it's constant and I just can't enjoy natural sounds. They could point the speaker back towards the house if they enjoy the music that much. Personally, I'm not into Bon Jovi and rebel songs and dodgy dance music.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

In the local town they put some cycle lanes at a junction but of course the cyclists cut across the footpath so they don't have to stop at the junction

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

SOME pub owners whinging about the extra work due to new guidelines . Whinging because they have to check vaccine certs and ID . Honestly they need to get over themselves and get on with it . Frontline staff , retail staff , teachers , dentists etc all had to adjust and put extra measures in and just get on with it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Advertisement