Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

oneweb wrote: »
    I watched a bee casually fly in through the doorway of a charity shop, realise its mistake (very much imagining it thinking "oopdy doo, nothing for me here!"), turn swiftly around, and ever so politely leave.

Blue bottle flies, on the other hand... what the absolute feck does be goin' in their stupid heads, dozy annoying cnuts.

My American cousin was fascinated by blue bottles when he first visited Ireland. He was like “How do they stay airborne?”. The lazy buzz tickled him. Now apparently the US does have blue bottles but maybe not his part?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,873 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

sporina wrote: »
    #whensimplethingsinifebecomecomplicated.. :mad: went to buy a simple veg peeler today and was shown a whole plethora of different types n styles.. gee... I didn't realise there wer so many.. ended up not buying one..

Get an oxo one. Y shaped.
    Have one for 14 years now and it's still sharp.
    I've tried others in that time and none come close. You won't regret it.
    Not all peelers are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

This is a TA from earlier. Bad drivers on the road. I'm sick to the teeth of them.

I've done a lot of motorway driving recently. I had cruise control set to 120kph and yet so many people flew passed me in the other lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I've done a lot of motorway driving recently. I had cruise control set to 120kph and yet so many people flew passed me in the other lane.

Ah , I'm not too worried about that , within reason. Its nuts who , because they've decided to weave between lanes / traffic think everybody else knows what they're doing. Blue BMW woman I'm talking about you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Get an oxo one. Y shaped.
    Have one for 14 years now and it's still sharp.
    I've tried others in that time and none come close. You won't regret it.
    Not all peelers are the same.
    Have an oxo one as well and vey good. Just watch the fingers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭sporina

spookwoman wrote: »
    Have an oxo one as well and vey good. Just watch the fingers

does the blade swivel?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

On the anti-vaxxers, I've a friend who has just become one when it comes to covid. She's just decided that it will affect her fertility. Ne'r mind the fact she's a basket case who sends all the nice guys packing and this might be a more pressing obstacle to procreation. But in true anti-vax style, she feels the need to tell everyone about it, at every opportunity. She's actually spoiling for a row over it. Last time she brought it up I just said, "well it's everyone's personal decision isn't it" and she was annoyed I didn't take the bait. So she continued, "well people are berating me over it". And I just said, "that's terrible, well I won't berate you". She was hopping :D

Also TA there was a rat mashed at the side of the road coming back from our walk. And then I went to feed my cats and stood on a bird they'd done for earlier. I can still feel the crunch. I'll never wear those shoes again. TA the carnage here today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,390 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

A very well known Irish charity.

When I got my first proper job after college, I felt so fortunate to be working and earning money that I decided to set up a monthly DD with a charity I liked.

Over the years I have got demands from them to donate 5k, 10k, etc. Had them try to emotionally manipulate me by saying that if I didn't donate these very large ridiculous sums of money that I would be responsible for the deaths of animals in their care.

I have had them pass on my details to some crowd in Northern Ireland to call me looking for me to up my monthly donations.

They even sent letters about getting in contact with their solicitor to leave them in my will.

But after years of sporadic letters, I've been getting requests to send them monetary "gifts" about every fortnight or so for the past few months and I am seriously pissed off at this stage that I am going to cancel this DD and give to a charity that would be grateful to receive a regular donation.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

Mustang shelly, scrape them off. They have no scruples. Don’t feel guilty. It’s their fault for behaving in such an unethical way. One of the prominent cancer charities in the UK carries on the same way, trying to guilt and pressure actual cancer patients to put the charity in their will. It’s morally bankrupt.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,543 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

IKEA bedclothes. I always clothes duvet covers before they go in the wash so they don't eat all the other clothes, but most IKEA ones don't fasten.

Mind you, they *do* give you four pillowcases with a double set, so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Irish people sounding American. The missus had the usual friends over and one of them has an awful American sound to her accent, I wouldnt mind but she was born and bred in the back arse of kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Cars with really dirty exhaust fumes that force the drivers behind to stay well back to avoid getting lungs full of smoke.
    I can forgive someone whose car suddenly goes faulty but I think in most cases the exhaust gets progressively dirtier and would certainly fail any emissions test. I'd like to see the Gardai stop such cars and give the driver a couple of weeks to get the exhaust repaired and provide proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,391 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know when I wake up in the morning it's going to take me a few minutes to remember why I can't post on any of the threads!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Antares35 wrote: »
    On the anti-vaxxers, I've a friend who has just become one when it comes to covid.

A lot of them are just scared of needles. It’s a way for them to “justify” not getting the shots.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 30,391 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

A lot of them are just scared of needles. It’s a way for them to “justify” not getting the shots.

It’s always funny when they’ve tattoos and they’re afraid of needles!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

sporina wrote: »
    does the blade swivel?

I answered this back in the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Dont say 'bless you' when someone sneezes.
    Its not an event, same as a cough. Just ignore it and move along. Stupid ritual. Ruins the post sneeze nose orgasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

85603 wrote: »
    Dont say 'bless you' when someone sneezes.
    Its not an event, same as a cough. Just ignore it and move along. Stupid ritual. Ruins the post sneeze nose orgasm.

I sometimes wonder about it in an increasingly secular society too. Also somewhat related, superstitions TA me. Even though I find myself walking around ladders and touching wood. They should do one day workshops, to facilitate people overcoming the burden of having to do all this stuff in case something bad happens! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Trying to get used to the new platform is more than trivially annoying. 😒☹😡

• Registered Users Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

^ Agree

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

The fact that I needed to vent about trivial annoyances while boards was read only, and now I have them kinda forgotten. (I suppose that's a good thing in some ways)!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

.. people embedding images in online forums

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Strrrrrrannge

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,346 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

• Registered Users Posts: 11,132 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Do you know when your favourite packet of crisps or chocolate bar subtlety change their ingredients/go sugar-free or slightly reduce their portion amounts? But you immediately notice the difference and its never the same again.

This is the website version of the monster munch debacle, only a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Archeron

When a deli worker asks if you want your sambo cut in half and you say yes. Despite that their knife could cut steel, they do a half arsed meh attempt so it doesn't cut fully through. It's neither cut nor uncut, schrodingers sambo.

And then the nicest piece of rasher falls out when you try to rip it :(

Some unnamed Admin who decided to bully one of the few people that could post recently, when they opened a thread in the DIY car maintenance forum... Accused them of "breaking in" to the site iirc 😓

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

What the actual fcuk?

Alls he wanted to do was to see if the parts of a different Avensis would be compatible with his own, when he posted a few days ago... Think the Admin promised that that post/thread would be disappeared/deleted when the new site went live... Bad form... Poster got over a thousand thanks too... Just disappeared into the ether I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Customer service who don't know their own system.

Going around in circles with a financial institution as they is a problem with a request, I rang their automated call centre but their automated menu is so broad that nothing is an obvious fit, there is no "press 0 to speak to an agent" option.

I asked them on various platforms rang the local branch to find out which is the relevant menu for what I need, local branch hasn't returned my call and the email/fb etc platforms send me back to the phone numbers!

😴👿

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement