Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

Got the ol sitting on the toilet too long dead leg. *Drags leg behind self* 🚶

• Registered Users Posts: 24,839 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

People who do this should be fed through a mangle... im in my car waiting for sombody in a car park now... looking at a car thats about 6-7 feet from the front of their space... therefore about two to three feet into the roadway behind them and slightly over the line into the adjoining space which is unusable..

Its a fūcking ford focus.. how do you fail to park a Focus between two lines and forward so you arnt blocking traffic...its crowded so fùck off and make an effort so other people can go about their day hassle free !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If you're on the desktop, hover over the button. It's limited in the number of names you can see, though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

On the desktop, click on your avatar, then drafts. You should see an "x" beside each of them. Click on it to delete the ones you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

How do I ignore a member using desktop site, anyone please?

• Advertisement

Click on their name, then on view profile. Click on the little "bust" on the top right, and then on ignore.

You can ignore no more than 5 people, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Thanks Homie

Sorry to all the ladies who aren't like this but women in supermarkets are headers. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The blinkin’ bumble bees who keep flying into the house. Getting them out is becoming a pain.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

5?? That is completely inadequate on this site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,428 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The ignore list has apparently been increased to 50.

TA the heat and having loads to do.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Wearing a white t-shirt and cycling more than you thought you would in this godforsaken heat and winning the wet shirt competition due to perspiration reasons and being the only entrant.

The heat! I'm sorry it's great to see good weather and all but this is too hot for me. 🥵🥵🥵

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I watch the start of Ireland AM on TV3/Virgin Media before going to work (so my trivial annoyance is self-inflicted) but there must have been a directive given the presenters to use the phrase "the mercury is hitting record highs" during the hot weather here at the moment. I've heard is numerous times from different presenters/newsreaders.

I mean, mercury thermometers aren't even legal to sell here anymore yet somebody obviously thought this was a really clever phrase for everybody to use...🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Having a shower and immediately beginning to sweat as soon as you step out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Gods, yeah! I'm actually having cold showers these days, which is unprecedented for me. It helps with the post shower sweats, but doesn't stop them entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Especially when it is two disabled places and they have no sticker. Saw a double double whammy last week there were four disabled places taken up with two cars parked arseways. Neither had a sticker 🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Pain in my hole trying to navigate this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I wore an awkward strappy dress yesterday and only put sun cream on after I was dressed. Of course I missed a spot and now I have a scalding burn patch right around my armpit of all places.

Also TA when you skip a paragraph on touch site the first letter isn’t automatically capitalised

• Registered Users Posts: 21,835 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

We have water restrictions here from 10pm -6am since last week , which is fine and understandable considering the weather we're having.

What's not fine is when they actually turn it off at 8pm at night without even putting a notice on SM , and some parts of town it doesn't return until 10-11am . Not acceptable imo .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Hate this weather.

Tossing and turning all night with the heat. Woman is the same, even though she refuses to have anything other than an under-sheet AND a duvet all year round.

Got up halfway through the night to move to the leather sofa in the sitting-room. Bit cooler thank god, and the occasional sticking to the leather was more preferable than slowly cooking in bed. But then the dawn chorus of the birds began just as I was drifting off. What's worse, there has been a cow in the field next to us bellowing all night and is still at it now.

Day off, went for a walk when the heat wasn't as bad, came back for a shower, and after a simple task of hanging out clothes on the line, I am sweating like I have after run a marathon. It was virtually unbearable having to wear a mask indoors at work yesterday.

Give me a typical average non-rainy day any day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I really feel for anyone having to wear a mask at work in this weather. It's unbearable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I cancelled a zoom call yesterday so that I wouldn't have to put on clothes

Instead of virtual backgrounds to hide the mess behind you, they should have virtual clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Have an absolutely rotten motherfcuker of a toothache since yesterday. The pain actually woke me up at about 4am this morning and I never got back to sleep. Nurofen Plus has been holding it at bay today, thankfully, but I've been ringing the dentist all day and no answer. Really hoping it's just a wisdom tooth crowning and not something more sinister.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

have you tried clove oil? Just remember to dilute it with olive oil or similar or you will burn your gums.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Boots chemists sell an over the counter tooth ache remedy. I'm told it helps a lot.

It seems to be clove oil in a carrier.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

This new set up is absolutely atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

If @Dial Hard can get some already diluted then even better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My dog not understanding that we are only doing the one walk these days and not the usual two or three in order to spare him from this horrendous heat. He’s following me from room to room at the usual times we’d go, looking at me like wtf bitch

Advertisement