Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,543 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I got my first dose this morning. TA is that the arm is hanging off me now. Even bigger TA is that 99% of that is likely my own fault as I thought it would be a great idea to play tennis this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

^^^ Well that bates Banagher :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I was doing online quotes and calling around for car insurance quotes today

Am new to motoring and despite my precious new 1 years no claims bonus everyone is quoting me higher prices

GTFO

• Registered Users Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I got my first dose this morning. TA is that the arm is hanging off me now. Even bigger TA is that 99% of that is likely my own fault as I thought it would be a great idea to play tennis this evening.

Probably more to do with the tennis!
    TA is i scoffed a whole pizza and my belly hurts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

sporina wrote: »
    #whensimplethingsinifebecomecomplicated.. :mad: went to buy a simple veg peeler today and was shown a whole plethora of different types n styles.. gee... I didn't realise there wer so many.. ended up not buying one..

Buy a professional one, max 10 euro it should cost. Round handle for gripping and a blade that turns

• Advertisement

Jesus , I'm looking for a place to rent and when I put in my criteria ( € , no. Of beds etc) all I've seen for the last month are houses with 'Let' . Just focking take them off your page!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Someone explaining something to you repeatedly despite it being fairly simply and you saying you understand. My sister is the Queen of this. She recently suggested I cut someone from my life and whilst being good advice, the conversation went like this;

" So you need to make sure you block his number and don't just delete it"

...got it.

"Cos if you just delete it, he'll still be able to contact you so make sure you block and delete him and don't just delete him"

...right.

"If you just delete him, it's not the same as actually blocking him so his number won't appear in your phone but he'll still be able to contact you so you need to block the number too. Block it AND delete it cos they're not the same thing"

...yep, i hear ya loud and clear thanks.

"You want him to be completely blocked and unable to contact you at all, you dont wanna just delete him cos it's not the same thing"

...I ****ing know!! You could try explaining it one more time in Mandarin just to make sure i really understand! Jeeezzz

• Registered Users Posts: 18,413 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Porklife wrote: »
    Someone explaining something to you repeatedly despite it being fairly simply and you saying you understand. My sister is the Queen of this. She recently suggested I cut someone from my life and whilst being good advice, the conversation went like this;

" So you need to make sure you block his number and don't just delete it"

...got it.

"Cos if you just delete it, he'll still be able to contact you so make sure you block and delete him and don't just delete him"

...right.

"If you just delete him, it's not the same as actually blocking him so his number won't appear in your phone but he'll still be able to contact you so you need to block the number too. Block it AND delete it cos they're not the same thing"

...yep, i hear ya loud and clear thanks.

"You want him to be completely blocked and unable to contact you at all, you dont wanna just delete him cos it's not the same thing"

...I ****ing know!! You could try explaining it one more time in Mandarin just to make sure i really understand! Jeeezzz

You must be tempted to block your sisters number at this stage!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,320 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You must be tempted to block your sisters number at this stage!

well at least they will know how to do it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Woke up from a dream this morning. In my dream I was sitting on a couch, snuggled up to a man who had his arms around me. One of those dreams where you are warm and happy, really content.

The man in my dream, literally the man of my dream(s) was...Leo Varadkar :eek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

l love my cat but I have just spent the last half an hour cleaning five mounds of hairballs and puke off my stairs. Thought I was being vigilant with grooming to prevent hairballs but some has slipped through...Place reeks of Zoflora now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I got my second jab yesterday. No major side effects except that it interferes with the flow of my Nazi salute. I get a slight twinge if I raise my arm. :D

Chatting to a guy on Bumble since Sunday, the first one in an age who I found attractive, was engaging and could string actual sentences together. Mentioned last night that I'd had my first vaccine dose yesterday. Turns out he's an anti-vaxxer. Delete.

Are the Poor Clares still a thing? Cause I should probably just go and join them at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,320 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Chatting to a guy on Bumble since Sunday, the first one in an age who I found attractive, was engaging and could string actual sentences together. Mentioned last night that I'd had my first vaccine dose yesterday. Turns out he's an anti-vaxxer. Delete.

Are the Poor Clares still a thing? Cause I should probably just go and join them at this stage.

http://www.pccdamians.ie/

They seem a happy bunch.
    Could you say a few prayers for us while you are in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Here we sit at the pinnacle of human technological achievement (so far), and indicators don't.

We came up with a simple system of signaling our intentions while driving around in our heavy steel cages at speed, but because people are so lazy and stupid it's been rendered useless.

On my last drive I was waiting to turn right out of a commercial estate, and saw a car approaching from my right with it's left indicator on. "The only thing that shows is that the lightbulb is working", I thought to myself. And sure enough, the car sailed on past without turning. If I'd gone to drive out there could have been a collision.

A couple of minutes later I was approaching a roundabout, and saw a car at the far side (<180° from his point of view) with it's right indicator on in the right hand lane. I wasn't at the roundabout yet, but I thought there'd be no need to stop, because I bet he's not actually taking the third exit. And I was right, sort of - he took the second exit. But of course even if he'd been in the correct lane and used his indicators correctly, I probably still would have had to stop because I wouldn't have been able to trust him.

I can't wait until we have self driving cars......

• Registered Users Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

^ saw my first 212 car this morning, I admired the beautiful car, bodywork shining and as we approached the roundabout I noticed the indicators weren’t working, why would you pay a lot of money for a car with no indicators :rolleyes: it was a BMW so didn’t surprise me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

When they change the layout of your usual supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭sporina

made Dhal at the weekend and the smell or raw onion still lingers in the house grr..

sporina wrote: »
    made Dhal at the weekend and the smell or raw onion still lingers in the house grr..

Cumin is the WORST for lingering, imo. And worse still, it smells like BO pretty much as soon as the active cooking part stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Charity shops charging more for Penneys mens' tees than Penneys charges for Penneys men's tees :pac:

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

^ Guilty of not using my indicators the other day at a roundabout in Clonmel.
    Another driver absolutely parped me out of it. I don't even drive a BMW!
    (TA: me! Use them!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

I watched a bee casually fly in through the doorway of a charity shop, realise its mistake (very much imagining it thinking "oopdy doo, nothing for me here!"), turn swiftly around, and ever so politely leave.

Blue bottle flies, on the other hand... what the absolute feck does be goin' in their stupid heads, dozy annoying cnuts.

It is what it's.

Cumin is the WORST for lingering, imo. And worse still, it smells like BO pretty much as soon as the active cooking part stops.

i actually don't mind the cumin smell really - but raw onions :mad: and i wouldn't mind but I put the skins outside in the appro bin straight away :mad:
    they taste good when cooked though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

oneweb wrote: »
    I watched a bee casually fly in through the doorway of a charity shop

were you whistling in the key of E by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Was eating outside a pub yesterday. Young couple leave the covered dining part every so often to smoke but plonk down at the table beside us every time.

Smoke going straight towards our food and kids. Wouldn't have minded if there was no other seats but there were lots of free ones over a bit where their smoke wouldn't have affected anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

All the people ringing into the radio to complain that they (a) can't register for the vaccine (even though the registration has only just opened for their age group - patience FFS), (b) can't get an appointment at a pharmacist - again! only just started taking appointments!, (c) registered yesterday, two/days ago/5 days ago and "still" haven't got an appointment, (d) complaining that they are 36/37/38 whatever and their 30/31/32 whatever friend has an appointment...

JESUS! I could go on, and on and on some more! We are 50% fully vaccinated! We've procured another million doses we didn't know we were going to get! You'll get a ****ing appointment soon.

Just. Shut. Up!

I know there's anti- vaxxers, but I honestly thought they were all American. I know there's a thread about them but I thought they were a hypothetical kind of people in Ireland , not real. I find it incredibly strange in this day and age that people seem to grab at straws about vaccines being the cause of X,Y,Z !

cj maxx wrote: »
    I know there's anti- vaxxers, but I honestly thought they were all American. I know there's a thread about them but I thought they were a hypothetical kind of people in Ireland , not real. I find it incredibly strange in this day and age that people seem to grab at straws about vaccines being the cause of X,Y,Z !

lol a mate of mine is kinda anti vacc but got it anyway for practical reasons.. then he was moaning about the side effects of the "toxin" but said he took a load of OTC meds to counteract the effects.. lol I had to laugh - threw him a quote from the movie Withnail and I - Danny : "Why trust one drug and not the other? That's politics, innit?" lol :D.. awe bless..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Mimon wrote: »
    Was eating outside a pub yesterday. Young couple leave the covered dining part every so often to smoke but plonk down at the table beside us every time.

Smoke going straight towards our food and kids. Wouldn't have minded if there was no other seats but there were lots of free ones over a bit where their smoke wouldn't have affected anyone.

Eugh..please tell me you said something to them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

It’s depressing how many anti-vaxxers are coming out of the woodwork these days. It’s the new “meeting a new potentially exciting new friend or paramour only for them to say something racist a few weeks in”. It’s so disappointing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement