Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

When people finish off the last biscuit in the tin and leave the empty wrapper in the tin.

Also using the last toilet roll near the toilet and not getting out a new one.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,077 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

You're talking about my teenager yes?

Add to this: leaving the empty toilet roll cardboard beside the toilet instead of putting it in the bin a few cms away.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Parthalán Ó Cusantín

When people, without a longer thinking process, act as they fully know what you mean, even though they've misunderstood you completely.

I understand that the ways of communication are often elusive and I might represent my thoughts in intricate methods, however I can't help but feel iritation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Being the first one to open the new toilet roll!

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭PP Lee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

That empty toilet roll thing happens regularly here, although I can't really complain since I live alone. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

My trivial annoyance today (and a lot of days) is seeing the  Sophie Tuscan du Plantier murder thread. How is the thread still going and what are people still saying? (I know I could just read it to find out, but the case never interested me).

The other annoyance is the open cut on the back of my lower leg. It isn't healing, probably because it's the exact location of the top back part of my boot, gently poking at it as I go about my business. Even when I'm boot-free, I get sporadic feelings of pins being randomly jabbed into it. It's not extremely painful but enough to make me flinch.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,894 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People saying things like sport and the Euroshambles Song Contest should be / are above politics.

Hun, newsflash they've ALWAYS been political.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Exactly . Do people not remember the Moscow and LA olympics ?

My TA is I’ve watched all my recorded episodes of The Chase .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,929 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

neighbours again being twats. Side gate kicked open with force so they can go out back for a smoke.

So at 8.45 I’m woken.

The little asthmatic psycho… ( 23 year old girl ) spends the time as usual yapping non stop, guffawing, hacking her guts up, spitting , and psycho giggling at every utterance of her own 👀. The annoying camp one is silent…. Well for him, sounds hungover thankfully…

Has to be experienced to be believed….

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭Bredabe

After the big cleanup last weekend, we had some stainless steel butter and dessert dishes to dispose of bc of the rust. After checking the list I didn't see mention of it, so I tweeted to ask if they could go in the bins. after 5 days it's not been read so I called their cs no.

even tho it was the middle of the day it was ages before it was picked up, I could only hear a faint buzz of conversation in the background, so I asked which if any bin I could put these in. I was aggressively told that they didn't take these and they would have to go to x co, from his manner I thought he may not have heard me say it was household(in all of the talking over me), "I've told you before that we don't take steel" in a mix of aggressive and impatient.

Cause I'm old and stubborn I asked about the wood trim on these items and was told in the same tone they don't take wood either. The tone of this interaction was upsetting so I politely thanked him and hung up.

4 ta's at this, I was upset and mentioned to the person who makes up slights to complain about and they said he must have been having a bad day, 2. that this kind of ignorant interaction was upsetting even tho as I know this is the way some ppl talk and don't see anything wrong with it, 3 the feeling of not being discounted and labelled from a person who's job it is to deal with customer queries. 4 that all the years I was in customer service I was as nice as I could be to customers and didn't even think of speaking to a customer like this(would have made the job less stressful)

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

That the weather , thunder , has given me a headache . I never suffered from this before . I need to do my nasal douche 😡

The word douche - no matter how correct its use might be in a sentence its a word the TA's me.

Sorry . The theatre nurse during my septo-plasty ? told me that word . A sinus rinse is a better one 😷

I seem to have lost the ability to post maps . They keep coming up as links

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Try to paste the link as plain text, then press enter at the end. It should work, but make sure the links start with either http, https or www, etc. if they say "blog", you might have some trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Clouds of smoke from other peoples' BBQs invading my house, to the point where I've had to close all the windows and doors.

I'm choking on it. Jesus, what did they light the BBQ with, petrol?

Hopefully the thunderstorm due shortly will knock it on the head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

If I tell you I don't want my picture taken coz I look a state, that doesn't mean you can take one from further away. No means no!

how do I copy it as plain text ? It’s a link . Do I remove the apostrophes and hit return . I could do it before but any problem I’ve had on boards is eyesight related . So maybe new glasses will do the trick 🤓🤓

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Baby new potatoes. ‘I know you’re not going to be quick to boil but why the hell are you still hard when you’ve been on for twice as long as a normal potato?

Water not to your liking?

Too much salt?

OR DO YOU JUST NOT FEEL LIKE BEING EATEN TODAY???’

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Some people ! drove to the shop and sat in the car park waiting on the constant traffic , from the Ulster Final , to pass through the one street village and a prick comes up to me to say I’m blocking the village . It’s Ulster Final day and if you’re driving from Clones to Armagh don’t try and save a mile from your journey by clogging up bye roads . **** idiots who drove the back roads from a Tyrone v Donegal final once and think they know the roads .

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Whestsidestory

SHould get that cut checked out at a pharmacy or doc.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The number 503 after a particularly bad night of errors on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I believed I ranted about in previous years

We have an utterly toxic team leader. She has caused people to cry in meetings. I’ve taken sick days and never told the company an exact reason but the real reason is her.

Multiple people have resigned over her. I worked 50 - 55 hour weeks last year and got the most worthless year end appraisal ever.

What is she talking about this fine Monday morning? Her darkness into light walk for suicide prevention but realy for the Facebook likes! 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 24,929 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

a friend in the UK it’s his birthday, would like to send him a message but a problem… with the potential wording as his Dad died 3 or 4 days ago. Funeral hasn’t happened yet.

So what do you say…. Because it’s not going to be a ‘happy’ birthday but it would probably be cold to leave the day pass without acknowledging too.

“Hope you have a good one”…. He won’t be having a good one…..

“Have a great day”… “Have a few for me”… don’t think that matches the tone of his situation.

TA’d at myself for not being the most savvy in these more morbid situations 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 33,178 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

THe fact that adults take their birthdays so seriously now. Has this been since the arrival of social media?

Grown men and women acting like 10 year olds, "its my b-day" and waiting on their friends to congratulate them.

Grow up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Advertisement