Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I didn’t bring any reading glasses with me to the shop , bought chicken wings to eat over the weekend but they say use by the 11th 😡. I’m usually good at leaving a few days till food goes out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

😵‍💫 This is why I will not be using they/them to refer to a single person. What a butchering of language that is.

I didn’t know that the northern lights last night . I heard about it today . Why wasn’t it on the news yesterday for **** sake

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They're likely to last the whole weekend - the peak of the solar storm is today.

On the TA side, telecommunications (TV, phones, satellites, etc), electricity and pther stuff (stop me if I'm being too technical) are likely to be affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

• Advertisement

I think she only meant high tech stuff . Not boards 😷😷

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I think it was on the news. Well, I heard about it somewhere. My trivial annoyance is that when I looked at it last night, with the naked eye, I could only see the 'rays' or whatever, but no colours. If you need to use a phone or camera with certain settings to get the colours, then that's cheating.

There is a strong possibility that my eyes are a bit dodgy when it comes to colours, though.

On the TA side, telecommunications (TV, phones, satellites, etc), electricity and pther stuff (stop me if I'm being too technical) are likely to be affected

'Pther stuff'? That way too technical for the likes of me!! 😜

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A fly crossing a room is likely to affect Vanilla Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Miserygutses and killjoys. Some people seem to want to be miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,110 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Out for a couple of evening pints in the sunshine yesterday. Naturally drawn to the beer garden. Table of four of us, non-smokers. So it was annoying when a fifth lad showed up and immediately sparked up a cigarette without asking if it was alright to do so. Just because it is outdoors, doesn't mean its okay to be blowing secondary smoke into people's faces.

• Advertisement

I was sitting watching telly in a world of my own , forgetting I had opened the window . When all of a sudden the door banged with the breeze . It scared the bejayus out of me . Plus it means I have to shim out the strike plates The shoddy workmanship on every house I’ve lived in is shocking . Apart from home of course . Annoying because it’s probably the easiest thing to get right .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

"electricity and pther stuff"

I think some cosmic rays might have struck somewhere between your keyboard and my screen and flipped a character there.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,929 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

a particular lesser used social media app. I probably check it once or twice a week. Go to last night…. My account is suspended… reason given…. ‘Breach of community guidelines’…

Given I don’t post there, I literally browse, read and like…. Yet 🚫

I can appeal im told but I haven’t a clue what I’m supposed to have done 🤷‍♂️ it doesn’t tell you more than ‘ breach of community guidelines ‘ doesn’t say “ you said X to Y person “

Imagine being arrested by a Garda only to get told…. “ well it’s cause you broke the law “….

Bizarre, not the end of the world I can do without it but 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭Archeron

Whats the worst possible thing you could knock a PS4 controller into? I nominate a bowl of sweet chili sauce 😕

Feck

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Kingslayer

Same today, this is a windy spot up on a hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,177 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The vast majority of people cannot see anything in the sky with their own eyes during these occasions.

Unless they are VERY strong.

All the exciting photos you see are from cameras on long exposures.

what eeS I mean?!? It's happening already!! 😱🤯

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

be ready for the zombie apocalypse ☢️🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️☢️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Pressure washers on a sunny day. Feckin hell there's maybe 10 days a year in this country where you can really enjoy the garden and listen to nature while peacefully relaxing.Then some gobshite decides to pressure wash his whole house.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,077 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Booked to get my hair colour and cut done 6 weeks ago. There seems to have been a double booking because I'm here since 12.30 being shipped between different staff and waiting in between.

It also really annoys me when hairdressers are getting their own hair done by colleagues with a salon full of clients. Is that the norm? It just looks so unprofessional in my opinion.

Last time I was in, I got my hair washed by a staff member who had a towel around her shoulders with colour settling in her own hair. Today my stylist was getting her hair washed while my own colour was settling.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

My mother was a hairdresser for 50 years and no way would that have been allowed where she worked.

Wake me up when it's all over.

It's a regular occurrence in my place and the owner was there today too. I've seen it days when owner was off.

Today took the proverbial. An extra hour added to my usual day. I didn't leave a tip today where usually I would but clearly there was an overbooking issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,832 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

They are probably all heading out on the pi$$ together either tonight or tomorrow.

Getting a colour in is a long and tedious process to begin with, without any extra flaffing about.

Generalisation incoming 😂....while individually hairdressers are grand I find collectively they can be abit immature...still acting like a teenager when really they are old enough to know better.

Very few industries where that lack of professionalism would be tolerated. I don't think I've ever been in a hairdresser where a member of staff hasn't a towel wrapped around them or is doing something with their hair/face.

Thanks Calla. I thought maybe I was just being a Karen but it's so unprofessional. Get your hair done before or after the customers are in building!

They weren't going out tonight. I was there long enough to hear all their plans or lack of!

My TA is my day is out of synch now. Chasing my tail now to keep an evening commitment on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,832 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

No it is annoying. Especially on a hot day when you're wrapped in a towel and gown, the salon is busy with hair dryers going and you feel you're about to turn into a puddle in the chair.

It's one thing mid-week where salon might be quiet , but on a Saturday staff definitely shouldn't be in the chair before 4:30 at the earliest.

Gaslighters. The human type. Lying, manipulative b@$tards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

An unnamed relative recently admitted (and didn't see any issue with this) that they never wash their cutting board. Only spray it down with surface cleaner and wipe it off. A wooden cutting board. That they cut chicken and other meats on. I can't be the only one appalled by that? 🤢

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I left one of my two bikes in for repair on Tuesday, explained the problem (which I don't think yer man got) but he said Mick would be in on Wednesday (the following day) and it was his area of expertise, but it would definitely be ready by Saturday. Grand.

I rang at 3 today to see if it was ready and the same lad said he'd check and ring me back in 10 minutes. I got no call but assumed it was being work on so I didn't mind. I just rang back 30 minutes ago and yer man apologised for not getting in contact, but the bike still hadn't been looked at. "Mick will be in on Wednesday afternoon so he'll do it then". Seriously?!? 🙄 I am not impressed!

To make things worse, I put my other bike out of commission yesterday by doing a needed (but not immediately) repair…that went wrong. I should have waited until I got the other one back. I'm expecting a spare part from Amazon tomorrow so hopefully I can sort that out myself tomorrow evening. 😶

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭wildwillow

You would be very surprised at some people's understanding of food hygiene. It is something that worries me but I try not to be too obsessed. But I will not eat in some houses and food outlets as I don't want a bout of upset tummy or worse. I'm fairly neurotic about cleaning the kitchen and appliances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Definitely trivial, but still annoying - when my daughter walks around the house in fluffy socks, that leave little bits of fluff all over the floor, when I just hoovered it.

Advertisement