Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

went to an electronics multinational to procure a replacement charging cable for an electronic device of mine. I’m not 3 seconds inside the front door when a seriously little enthusiastic abouts 23 year old bounds up offering help. Seemingly new, fresh faced and enthusiastic to help, I’m not thrilled but I decide just to roll with it…. From second one I’m regretting it…. Their boundless hyper OTT energiser bunny enthusiasm isn’t needed. All I need is 3 minutes, by myself, with the shelves and products… ‘k this is the one’… and off to pay…and if I’ve a query, I can make contact, with them. Don’t need the hyper showing and explaining….

In the confusion, one of the items I take has the incorrect fittings on one end… I don’t recognise till I open it at home…. Note to self… next time… “NO thanks..” and do my own relaxed shopping… 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DialecticAspirations

Hi,

This is going to be hard to believe, I know…but you've actually posted my phone number!

Can you please edit your post and change the number as I don't want anyone calling me as joke?

Sorry to ask.

Something like 0879876543 would be fine. Or maybe 0869999999.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,318 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

"This page isn't working"

thinking I’m an IT savvy person, which I am, when everything is working as it should or close to what it should . Today as things are not with one of my devices…. And I’m IT crappy….

YouTube would be my saviour or it’s trying to be if the Indian operating system guru on the video would kindly stop speaking at 6798 miles an hour so I can understand what he is saying… it would also you know be nice if he spends more then 3.4 seconds on each screen showing things…..instead he’s gone all fastest finger first and on to the next thing. If the video is supposed to be instructional and in English, but English isn’t your first language my friend , just slow the fûck down so as people can understand the words which you are saying…. 🤯😤

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Click on the cogwheel ⚙️, you can reduce the speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Uk companies! wtf are you doing?

The first items I bought did not have any info on their site that the product was coming from Asia, and I would be liable for extra charges and additional time to deliver. Adding 10e to the cost and 3 ish weeks to delivery, the product not so unique that I can't get it here.

The second item arrived but part of it wasn't what I thought it was, so spent all am trying to get their CS to find out if ROI is international under their own rules or not. Their system didn't recognise an ROI postcode. My spidies twitched and had a look and they don't pay return fees anymore, so after printing off* the return label/receipts and paying for postage, it would cost me 11ish euros for an item which was €13.99 to start with!

*Ta as I am short of ink and the link wouldn't last long enough to get to a copy place. Ta2 I could have taken the train to the big city to buy these locally to there but somehow this was harder, while it seemed easier.

WTF UK businesses.

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I'm TAed I can't find my litte LED Lenser pocket torch. Use it all the time but 3 days on and I've not found it. That is TAing but whats really annoying is that I've looked to buy a replacement, they don't make the model anymore and I don't like any of the replacement for various reasons.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Cold sores 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Was having my lunch in the garden earlier and popped back inside for water. A fookin magpie swooped right down and robbed a chickpea on me while I was at the sink. Cheeky prick. And two dogs in the garden, just sitting there watching him do it.

Anyway, joke's on him, cause the whole lot was absolutely laced with chilli. Poor fcuker is in for a rough evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,072 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

John Mullane puts me in bad humour whenever he's on the Indo hurling podcast

Ffs he needs to prepare what he's trying to say

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Ever spot someone walk into a restaurant and you just know they are going to be a nightmare?

Well, within three mins of someone arriving to sit behind us, she has already complained twice, including about the lemon slice being stuck under her ice. And asking the most basic of questions. After initially giving out she wasn't sat beside the window. Surprisingly, she is American and by herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,374 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Back tie weddings.

Now I do think it's annoying when ever guest is requested to wear black tie but we won't start that debate.

Now every groom/grooms man I see is a black suit/dickie bow. It's meant to be classy to me it's just following the latest fad.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

People who complain about the rain but love the greenery it produces.

People who complain about the bad roads but also the road works to fix them up but love when the roads are done.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,584 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It should just rain between midnight and 6am!

This is something that is a TA :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

And road works at the same, time as long as the noise isn't anywhere near me, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Think I witnessed a crime.

Sitting in a bar when two people walked in and went to the the two free chairs beside me. The woman left her handbag on her seat and as soon as she left it out of eyeshot, the lad (who I thought looked dodgy) started routing around it looking for something. He went off a couple of mins after she returned and she started looking through her own bag again, and seemed a bit agitated. They seemed more of a Tinder date than anything more serious.

Now it could be nothing, and they might both be coke heads, but it definitely looked sketchy.

Worth reporting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Increasingly strange adds on the ol net. Last month it was all about the euro dying and urging me to invest in China this month its all WD40 will save my life adds. No I will not spray in on my windows/cooker/phone/spuds/what's its.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭PP Lee

This is the type of environmental damage that upsets me the most. Wildlife habitats destroyed in the name of progress and modernisation. They’re planned to do the same just north of Balbriggan with a new port at Bremore. A beautiful piece of natural coastline about to be destroyed forever. And there’s idiots out there advocating for a population increase which will only contribute to the problem.

Anyway, today’s TAs are that my left knee is killing me, it’s been sore for over a month now. I reckon it’s osteoarthritis. I’m also stuck at home waiting for a delivery of 16 bags of stones from the local hardware store as the 5 bags of Donegal quartz stone I originally ordered only covered a quarter of the area I needed to cover. And lastly, I made a lovely breakfast for Toby the Jack Russell with egg and minced pork but he won’t touch it.

the delivery window from a company I ordered an electronic accessory from left blank on the email. Couriers site is no more informative.

So the courier is here between 9 and 1 ? 11 and 3 ? Nope, just ‘sometime today’….so I’ll have to go do shopping tonight when it be mega busy…..just be nice to know…. morning / afternoon ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Disappearing buses. 🙄

Showing on the app, then disappearing without trace. I gave up yesterday on one, and walked to a different stop which more than one bus route uses. And of course as I walked, the original bus passed by. 😡

It's not their fault, it's the Busmuda Triangle.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

So frustrating. Today I decided I would stay at the original stop and the bus still hasn't arrived. 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 6,097 ✭✭✭Be right back

People that park in parents and children spaces but have no children with them.

Parents who allow their children to scoot/cycle around INSIDE shops and supermarkets 🙄🙄🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 28,584 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

And less in the TA section, more in the danger zone… around supermarket car parks.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

I think my boyfriend's dog just had his revenge. Came home there to the kitchen covered in birdshıt and the dog guarding a mangled corpse outside. Poor fecker must have liked my cooking so much he came back for seconds and made the mistake of going inside looking for them...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement