Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Join my losers club - I sprained my wrist cleaning the windows and my neck hurts falling asleep on the sofa in the wrong position!!!

Feel better!!

I’m 5 foot 1 - they’ll get the jugular!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who curse at their kids. A woman just got on the bus with a child who can't be more than 5 and she hasn't stopped effing and blinding at the poor kid since.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

People who lie to you and then try to blame you and say you lack trust when you find out and put them on the spot. Lads, no point in getting annoyed if the fire alarm is blaring, maybe you should be more concerned about the raging fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Quite a few people I know when they say something now I don't believe them because they have been caught out on lies so many times. Seems to be more people who can't tell the truth these days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

The microwave beeping that sounds like an articulated lorry reversing in the kitchen when it's finished making all the other noise it makes to let you know it's done. 'sake

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Archeron

Had to come back to say thanks for this post Spookwoman, sometimes i really love boards 😁 My elderly dad has been getting really painful wounds and infections front and back of his fingers for years. Hospitals and doctors have no idea whats causing it. Since i noticed getting stabbed randomly and reading more on it after your post, we thought could it be connected to the cactus as well. The four evil cactus we had went to live on a farm the next day and since then, his wounds have started to properly heal for the first time in literally years. Im also no longer getting random spikes and I'm still in the same room with the plants.

We had a silver torch and three species of Cholla, all gone now. Genuine thanks for that post.

In the spirit of TA though, TA that i saw a beautiful silhouette of a large raptor type bird flying quite high up, so got the camera out to get a pic if it got close enough. When it did get close enough i realized it was actually a really small plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

That post had me going from ahhhh 💕 to full scale giggles 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 24,855 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Beyoncé’s version of Blackbird by The Beatles….

Shows you that when you strip back the glitz, sequins, ass shaking, big production and hype the woman can’t sing. All she’s done is hire a competent guitarist and hit several bum notes.

And McCartney going all teenage fan boy in the media over it and her…. She isn’t singing in key ffs… embarrassing from both…especially McCartney, needs to wise up but I expect his ass licking is to attempt to ingratiate himself over into her fanbase $$$$$$$ on the back of the songs success. 🤦🏻‍♂️🥱

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭maebee

Passengers on the bus who press the Stop button and only begin to get out of their seats when the bus has come to a halt and the doors have opened.

If you want to get off at the next stop, get out of your seat when you press the button and don't keep the driver and every other passenger waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,899 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Been a United supporter now

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Dany Hitch

People parking in disability spots without a permit. Truly grinds my gears.

I thought the worst was that travesty of a cover of Jolene!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,855 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

TNT sports, showing fishing highlights. It’s a subscription sports TV channel. Fishing is a pastime, it’s not a sport. Despite what some fishermen think, seemingly many want it to be considered a sport as per this conversation im seeing..

Two fellas here, sat in the pissing rain in middle England in expensive rain gear, just talking about rods, reels, floats, bait, line and catch the odd fish that genuinely almost induces an orgasmic reaction…all in between dreadful puns and anecdotes in addition to talking directly to the caught fish….👀

If fishing is a sport then so is folk singing backwards…. Surely on a Friday morning there is some sport somewhere happening or if not, highlights of a proper sport and not pastimes… next week…. car washing competition from Milton Keynes…..? Flower bed arranging from Chester ?

competition doesn’t automatically equal sport so don’t be marketing it as such and charging people to have the ability to view it..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I had to take a listen to both Jolene and Blackbird…. Oh Lawdy, wat wuz she thinkin'? Straight singing is seriously not her strong suit!

And she’s changed what used to be a really sweet “please don’t take my man” to effectively “touch him bitch and you’re dead!!” - very mean spirited song now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My inability to make it to bed at night .

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Baba Yaga

same as,ruined jolene,turned into a "im going to smack you up bitch" thing but blackbird wasnt too bad just seemed kind of "off" to me but thats just my opinion, im no music expert..

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,092 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Brian Dowling and his husband god almighty do they ever shut up and stop looking for attention .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Sib was giving out again about bad customer service, but did they read the T&Cs to know what they were supposed to do and what the company involved were supposed to do? dfuk he did or will and so the self-inflected drama continues.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Imagine going to your bank for a printout, not having checked which account you want the printout from or having the glasses needed to check to see if it's showing the info you need, que a day of entitled stream of consciousness I'll have to put up with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Bus Dopes™️ in general. Same people who wait til they're physically at the validator to start rooting for their Leap card. Stand at the bottom of the stairs/blocking the middle doors when there's loads of seats down the back. All try and pile on while there's people still getting off when it's an older bus with no centre doors. I could go on for days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'll add, people that get on and sit on the outside seat and put their bag on the inside, I see this an awful lot, its alright if its a quiet enough bus, but if its filling up quickly that is a no, no from me.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I had actually started typing that but got too annoyed to finish it. And they always have the cheek to look all affronted when you ask them to move their bag so you can sit down.

May I add LUAS Dopes ? Idiots who on a packed LUAS don't take their back pack off and you get a good smack with it - and then the idiots who stand by the door when people want to get off, just step off and step back on GRRRR!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Was on the 74 bus one morning and was sitting on an inside seat, no one outside in seat. Girl in the seat in front sat in the outside and her bag in inside seat. Woman got on looking for a seat, looked at both options and decided to take the seat in front, the look on the one in front 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 11,066 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I do think if a white country and western star delved into the R and B/rap genre, and released an equivalently poor cover song of a classic, it'd almost be seen as cultural misappropriation.

My TA: people in a cafe/restaurant (usually women of a certain age and social status) that spend an inordinate amount of time AFTER their tea and whatever else still occupying their table just yapping on when there is a queue of hungry patrons (like myself and my wife earlier) waiting for a table to come available.

Get a move on ta feck. Thing is, they probably have the same 'catch-up' three times a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I saw England v Sweden in Euro Qualifying . Its women’s soccer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Permissive parents using the excuse "he's just a kid" for their deplorable public behaviour, it sends a signal entitling them to kick, scream, hit, boss and behave like complete wild brats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

They are just kids = I'm not willing to parent

Advertisement