Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

One of my colleagues is doing an online course about colour psychology and a handful of us were having a chat about what they learned(as many of us have spent years in uniforms not of our choosing)

Convo evolved into which colours ppl like to wear or not and if this had been inspired by their parental preferences, I mentioned that my mum hated all shades of green and bc of that it is a colour I'm uncomfortable with, tho I wore bottle green for a year in school.

One of the group said it can't have been so bad that as a grownup you still follow her decisions on this, I replied that as my parents were Civill War babies the fear of green was well founded and engrained in her and probably that generation.

Then they gave out to me for talking about things they couldn't know as they are "immigrant"(that said I know ppl new to Ireland who have a better grasp of our language, music and history than I do)

Ta the lengths ppl go to be the centre of attention.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Some idiot overtightened the oil filter on my wifes car and it was a devil of a job to get off. Guess I better not be so heavy handed this time ;-)

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,838 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

the fact that despite blocking her pages, I still wake up and whilst having the first social media scroll of the day still have to momentarily see and listen to yer wan Allie Sherlock’s live off key warbling, live from Grafton St. I think and hosted on a site i use but her page I blocked yonks ago……

her and her management now must be forking out a few bob to get a waiver past various sites and algorithms…. ” you will listen to her, she is up and coming and we are spending lots of money on…“… seems to be the mantra……

the same smiley, shouty young wan and her largely butchering of poppy strum-a-long saccharine pop ‘ hits ‘…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Not a ta but a ta, over the past few weeks, I've had a few suspicious growths taken off my skin and sent away for analysis, the technical term for this is biopsies (which was news to me), while I'm not overly concerned about possible issues but I have a nasty family history of cancer non-recovery.

Because I didn't want a drama and my unconcern about the results I didn't tell certain ppl, I was happy when all but one of these came back as harmless and let it slip to the ppl I hadn't said it to previously, not a single one of them said anything in response to a simple message saying I was given the all clear on the ones back in the middle of a long txt chat,

While I obv dont want a drama but some kind of comment would have been nice,

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Every Saturday, there is a Pakistani (or similar ethnicity) market held in a car-park smack bang in the middle of town. The sort of thing you'd see on Eastenders or Only Fools and Horses selling cheap, non-designer clothes and the sort. I have literally never seen anyone even peruse the goods, nevermind buy anything.

The annoying thing is, on a busy bank holiday weekend, they take up valuable parking real estate for people wanting to come into town and shop/eat/mingle. The irony is, almost every week in the local paper there is an article about tackling the lack of car parking in the town, yet these have full reign to take away about 20-30 spaces every Saturday with their market.

Like there is a farmer's market that takes place every Saturday morning too, but they are in a less prime area and clear off before the busy period of traffic. The aformentioned market sets up camp for the whole afternoon.

Makes no sense to me, and is a huge TA when I'm scrabbling around for 20 mins looking for parking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,262 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I work in a small chain of shops.

Occasionally you've to cover other shops.

I had to met another member of staff to get keys and drop them back to her. I think this happened happened on two occasions and spoke a few sentences.

A school friend was in her shop and he said he knew me. She asked him "Was I gay?"

I don't know if I'm annoyed at her or the impression I made on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Why do some lads swear the cold in Ireland is like the North pole ?

Out wearing about 8 layers, same fellas wearing clothes tight as **** to appear 'slim'

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Puffa jackets shorts and slider foot things 🙄🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Mobility is my ta. I've been fortunate to be able to walk inside my small place without any assistance. But now I am getting downright wobbly. I don't want to have to carry a walking stick to and from bed too! But I suppose it's better than busting a leg or worse… just talked myself out of a ta, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

I hear you - I’ve had a problem with my hip for many years and I’m working round it.

However I’ve been prone to falling more lately and it’s getting really bad, I fell just an hour back. I’m hoping not to get a cane etc but who knows ?

Go well Deja Boo!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Mine are damaged knees, such a ta. Hip issues would be more than trivial, I can only imagine!

Thought I'd mention something a PT once said to me, "if you're going to use a cane, use 2 (for both sides) to keep your gait steady." It helped. Hope you are ok after your fall, it's unsettling I know. Stay safe Vote4Squirrels, and thanks!

Feeling nostalgic.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Waking unprompted at an entirely inappropriate time..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Twatty marketing article photoshoots that include a photo of two people standing arms folded, back-to-back slightly askew to each other:

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

can you and Boo put a rail on the wall and at the entrance and.exit . I have one and it’s a good job for going to bed or loo without having to bring my stick .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

The buttons that never work the way they should you use to set a digital clock.

Clocks forward this morning and as usual the usual suspects were a total pain to set. All it needed in one case was to press the mode button for two seconds then another push to step it through minutes, hours, day, month and year. Alas no its never that easy. Mode button decided it was going to jump the only setting I wanted and go from minutes to month every time until I eventually got it to work. By then it was a minute slow so had to fight it again to set the minutes right.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Just out to Easter lunch in a local hotel. Sitting chatting when 2 65 plus year olds, man and woman sit down and wait for their meal. She is flicking on her phone, he decides to play a tik tok or YouTube loud video. What an ignorant fecker - surrounded by people trying to enjoy a meal. I left him in no doubt that he was indeed an ignorant fecker and happily told him so. Bring your ear phones if you want to listen to something loud, don’t inflict it on the rest of us. Grrrrr

I love Hersheys chocolate dessert sauce. But it’s in the last couple of months proving quite difficult to attain.

none of the local supermarkets or smaller stores stock it and the nearest one that does is 14 kilometres away….. it’s not really expensive so no idea why it’s not popular…. Probably need to take a spin out and procure 3/4 bottles… 👀

• Registered Users Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Took the dogs down to the park for a good long walk earlier. Realised halfway around that my Fitbit was still sitting in the charger 😭😭😭

• Advertisement

aresholes house alarm going off the last hour again… every couple of days now this is a problem. If you have a faulty alarm system which you obviously do, and you know about it. STOP setting the fûcking thing, until…..

A) you get it fixed…… or……. B) you get it replaced…. Being a courteous, respectful and considerate neighbour isn’t rocket science….isn’t something that requires much or any effort. Just requires cop on and consideration…..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Wordle is saying my streak is 2. But I don’t think I’ve missed a day ??

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Got a Reece's chocolate egg. It was something like 11 euro. The only thing Reece's about it was they gave two little stingy Reece's chocolate cups. Egg itself was just standard.

There's a terrys chocolate orange one sitting there now aswell and I bet they didn't make the actual egg orange flavour when it's clear they should. I mean who was sitting there when they decided to make Terry's chocolate orange eggs and said 'i know what we'll do, we'll make it look like it's going to be orange flavoured but we'll just throw in a standard egg from our other big batches. By the time they realise, it's too late 🤭🤭'. Its not getting opened today. I still have hope that I'm wrong. The disappointment from the Reece's was enough for one day.

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

Spring cleaning the house and spent three hours in the living room. I’m absolutely knackered!!!

I have a chocolate bunny in the kitchen and I’m too tired to go get it!!

was gifted an orange Twirl Easter egg. Growing up you’d always get a bar or two with an egg.

You get with this egg, one bar, which while not fun size, certainly isn’t full size but seeing advertisements online it’s certainly shown as a full sized way bigger bar the full width of the box almost ….

I have one of those - it’s made up for by the fact the egg is orange chocolate and absolutely gorgeous!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Is the Terry's Chocolate Orange one orange? 🍊

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

I think so - I used to love them but they’re smaller than I recall!!!

Looking like Liverpool are going to win the league

Went to put on The Undertaker podcast but it's memebers only

• Advertisement

Do you know when theirs somebody in the media and their a bit eccentric and people are make a fool of them more than having a real interest in them.

Advertisement