Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

One I saw, Cork couple moved to Amsterdam. Your one "cried for a year".

You're less than 2 hours from home, you melt, not on the other side of the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

It's funny alright, and free 24/7 video calls from anywhere too.

I think people in Ireland still think emigrating is because of the famine.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭thereiver

People on social media who constantly post pictures of their children to accounts that can be seen by 1000,s of people , can a 10 year old really give permission to give up their privacy ,do they understand the implications of having photos published on the internet .have they any choice about having images posted on meta, instagram every time they go out with their parents .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭maebee

I've had this conversation with people who tell you "But my account is private". No, it's not. Beyond stupid.

An old friend of mine has Alzheimer's. Her daughter posts daily vids of her mam colouring in pages in a book, kissing pics of Johnny Sexton, waiting excitedly on the bus to bring her to the Day Centre. She has asked me to "like" her posts, which I won't/can't. I don't understand it. I know she means well but she doesn't understand that she doesn't have her mam's permission to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Don't get me started on illegal Irish who knew full well what they were doing and moaning they can't get back for their granny's funeral.

• Advertisement

Also, flights are cheap these days and people with desk jobs can even work remotely, while travelling and at home, so they don't even need to give up any holidays.

Also, funerals are live streamed these days.

I'm being very harsh. 😁 But we reap what we sow time and time again. It's not an emigration issue, it's a high property cost and rental cost issue. Mammy and Daddy McFluffy love that their house is worth a fortune but cry little tears when little Aoife McFluffy can't even afford to rent near her employment or education here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Hard of hearing(+understanding) sib gets another letter from a co saying his card refused them payment.

Despite having a letter saying they have payments and a later letter saying they don't then a phone call saying that was a mistake and they do have the money(all of these calls over a week were made at my breakfast time, so that was disturbed again)

There was a wait for the co to pick up the phone(time he spent moaning at me) and then a quick exchange of details I had to do as they couldn't find their reading glasses, they put down the phone and complained they are exhausted with all this talking to strangers and having to read things.

Its like I dont exist.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Reminds me of a huge personal TA from a few years ago. An aunt of mine was very seriously ill in hospital, she was never going home. Her daughters took some photos of her in her hospital bed and shared them on Facebook. She (obviously) did not look her best. This was a woman who never left the house without 'doing her face' and having lipstick on, she was a glamourous, well-dressed woman at all times and I hate that they not only posted those pics but often share them at her anniversary. There are so many beautiful photos of her that they could use, it just makes me sad, I think she would hate to be seen like that. Their mother, their memories but it just annoyed me no end.

It's an important and uncomfortable reminder.

But make sure your loved ones have a nice picture(s) of you, that you like, to share when you are gone.

Also, all the online stuff, passwords etc that they may need to access if and when you can't. Utilities, banks, etc etc

I share password with my OH on paper that we both know the location of.

But I need to update this. Trivial and non tribal things that I hate. 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭Archeron

People who don't wash the backs of plates and bowls. Surely they see all the crap on the back when they put them in the rack to dry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

I'm a two hour commute from home - what a big wet Jessie!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,562 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Appraisals. Utterly pointless for my role. Reminds me of this:

I've mine in a few weeks and I just do not see the point.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 15,691 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

People calling the ground outside the floor. It's not. A floor is something that is in a house or a building everything outside of that is ground be it a footpath or a loan or a road it's the ground.

How is that so hard to understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,932 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Went to Wings for the first time

Not for me, **** kids screaming, tables of youths and even with the very good selection of food it's just wasn't great

€28 too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,562 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Kindle app on my tablet crashes when I open a book. Usually, a restart of the device fixes it but not this time.

Eurgh.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

fancied a crisp or 2 when i was in Aldi.6-pack,check. cheese n onion, check. Tayto, check. Get them home and they aint crisps, they are puffs. Not totally horrible, but not a feckin crisp

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

F*ck Cherry Blossom trees, f*ck 'em.

This!!

They are the supermodel of the tree world - beautiful to look at but we could easily do without them and most are fking annoying to be around!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,334 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Plasters... either slide off too easy or so sticky you cant take off without irritation to skin.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Women putting make up on whilst on the train - I have face powder in my tea!!! B***h!!!!

• Advertisement

Got a complaint at work. Thoroughly deserved as I was late for a few things but the person who made it gave no indication of being annoyed with me and is acting like we're best friends.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭galwayguy85

When I go out for a training bike ride, give it plenty of welly (27 kmph or more, according to the ‘satnav’ mounted on the handlebars) Strava will usually knock 0.5 kmph or more off of the average speed when I sync things. Boils my p!ss.

A former work colleague building a ‘sustainable’ house and documenting every banal step on Fakebook (and Instagram) for at least 3 or 4 years.

Fair enough - a noble thing to do and everyone likes a bit of social media attention but the quest for ‘likes’ became a little bit tiresome. Then when the house was finally built and he had little more to announce he would use the “anniversary” function that FB offers to share posts again. For, example 3 years since he mowed the lawn, 2 years since he painted the wall of the spare bedroom and other “ sofa king what” dross.

Eventually toned it down on FB but continues on Instagram. A decent number of followers but only about 2 or 3% seem to give the photos any real attention.

Whatever we use on social media to ‘define’ ourselves (jobs, sports and hobbies, photos of our children etc) most people are truly most interested with their own (soon to be displaced/forgotten about) posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,898 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My neighbours, an eccentric young couple but they haven’t sold up. They’ve fûcked off and seemingly turned their property into a bedsit, around 5/6 kid’s of college going age living there… oddly most of their time is being spent outside, they are outside all hours of the day, night and early AM smoking / drinking and being generally loud, attention seeking, thoughtless, hyper, non stop yapping and giggling little psychos…they spend as much time outside the property as in it….im turning into a farmer, going to bed, praying for rain, to keep the little noisy cünts indoors.

Secondly also noise related, since covid, the number of people around here who have purchased dogs. I don’t care generally but there are two who are night barkers. Was a time a thoroughly quiet & peaceful existence was the overwhelming experience of living here. That’s no longer the case at all….

• Registered Users Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The fact that it pissed rain all day yesterday when I was working from home but is absolutely lovely out today when I'm stuck in the office ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I can say the same about Nicorette patches, they leave big pink blotches on my skin.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Young pups on LinkedIn gushing about their first job (often an unpaid internship) by posting a selfie with potentially confidential information on the computer monitors behind them. Asking to be sacked…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I've been in work both days but I got saturated on the way in yesterday, and then we had 2 fire alarms go off, so standing outside for 25 minutes each time. At least it only rained for one of the alarms.

And of course there was no fire, just some contractors interfering with the sprinklers that cause it. 🙄

Today, no outside dossing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

I'm TA'd that your prayers are being answered day after day after day……….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Craving a tomato roll today, I couldn't find a single tomato in any of the shops I was in.

I splashed out on a tray of tomatoes, which were not only expensive but we blah in the roll.

Ta, I cant buy single tomatoes in shops anymore.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Advertisement