Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

People who use any of the following:

Hollibobs

Cheeky vino

Mumma to my princess/my little man

Babymoon/minimoon/engageymoon

My bae

• Registered Users Posts: 6,507 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

The "where will dubai take you now" ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I understand this.

However my dad used always get a month's supply but when he changed to blister packs they'll only give a weeks supply. I think it's just a pharmacy policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I get a monthly supply (30 days) for my own medication but my parents only get four weeks (28 days) so 13 trips per annum required.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Another prescription TA! The doctors don't bother looking what the pack sizes are for what they prescribe. So often get a 28 day prescription for a drug that comes in a 30 pill blister pack. Then every so often will get a prescription from the pharmacist made up of the 14 - 28 individual blisters they they have saved after cutting them off a 30 pack.

I put this down to lazy doctors.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

When did Hairdressing become a scummy thing ?

A skanger looking guy opened up a salon across the road who also sells vape pens

• Registered Users Posts: 11,018 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

They are the same people who comment on posts from Ireland AM and the likes with stuff such as 'looking fab Lorraine xx' as if they are personally communicating with them.

TA: coming onto two months now with a chesty cough that is STILL lingering, albeit less frequently.

Just a thought about the pharmacies that will only give a weeks prescription for some medicines? Is this because they get paid per prescription dispensed?

And when there is a contest or similar, type en masse “liked and shared” - whether the instructions say to or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭Archeron

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Visit to one of the family graves this morning… the neighbouring grave is unkempt, always has been and in a state of disrepair, looks like it gets one annual visit around their anniversary which is now, and is cleaned up. Grand not my business but it becomes my business when in the process of cleaning said bunch of toerags leave all weeds, and assorted rubbish, just dumped in bags near both graves that have opened or were never closed and a lot of stuff has blown onto our family members…so a quick visit this morning turns into a cleanup…. Sooner these people jump in that hole with their friend / relative and quit being poxbottle merchants of filth and inconvenience…bin was literally about 20 meters away and they have to pass it to get out of there….

I’ve used that myself but it’s annoying from others!!!

People who go for the lower offer on the Chase are deeply annoying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Duke of Schomberg

Your flag.

Boards has a flag ? Why did I not know this ?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Driving from Belfast to Tipperary on Friday night I overtook a taxi on the M7. The taxi moved over to the outside lane behind me, flashed his full beams at me and moved back in. It's not the first time I've been flashed at either. No idea what it was about but it weirded me out so much I actually pulled off at the next exit and checked my car to make sure all my lights were working and nothing was obviously wrong with the car. I couldn't find anything wrong and it's still bugging me 3 days later. What the hell? Did he just not like my yellow reg? Did he think I had my full beams on? My car was serviced less than a month ago and it passed the MOT so if they couldn't find anything wrong I can't explain what the taxi driver was doing. Just being a dick? It's driving me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Some drivers are personally offended by being overtaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,181 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

My local Aldi has removed their normal enough sized baskets that the likes of Dunnes, SuperValu, Tesco etc use and replaced them with feck off sized plastic wheeled baskets that are like a suitcase you would bring with you for a weeks holiday in Benidorm. So your choice now is to use a full sized trolley, a small sized trolley with pretty much give or take the capacity of the new feck off plastic wheeled baskets or the use plastic wheeled baskets. When you get to a checkout these new wheeled baskets are a complete pain in the hole as there's generally no stacking next to the checkout and if you find yourself first in the Q you unload and then have to make your way back through the Q to dispose of the massive wheeled basked in some random in the way spot.

Fine sez eye, I don't normally buy more than half a normal sized basket on a visit so the options available don't suit so I will instead just bring my large re-usable shopping bag around with me and drop my goods in it and then unload at the checkout, no sez Mr Aldi, they now have a large sign up when you enter saying you can't use a bag to do your shopping as this prevents them from keeping low prices, an increased theft risk I assume.

It's such a fooking headwrecker I am considering not shopping in the place again, talk about idiots not understanding their customers requirements, a fool observing for 5 minutes could see the awkwardness at the tills.

Wow that explains a lot! I'd never thought of that?

You missed the option of checking the veg for boxes with only a few items left in them then chucking those few bits in the box below and taking the box for you stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

If you overtook him why were you still in the overtaking lane instead of pulling in? Maybe he was telling you to leave the outside lane?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Broken sleep

Can I add watching old school CSI before I went to bed and had a bad dream and woke at 2.39am (according to my phone) after having a nightmare including the storyline - and couldn’t settle!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I saw a pop ad about some guy talking about how great his life was since he got his transplant.

I thought it was a hair transplant but it was actually an organ.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 PP Lee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

He was behind a lorry. I was overtaking both him and the lorry. I began the manoeuvre with plenty of room between us and he showed no indication of overtaking the lorry either before I started or after I had passed him. He pulled back in behind the lorry after he flashed at me. So I don't think that's what it was. I'm well aware of the tradition of lorry drivers flashing at each other to let them know the back end has cleared but this wasn't that. The lorry didn't flash at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

More than that , people who score well in the cash builder and go ‘ for what they earned ‘ . It’s multiple choice take a chance for **** sake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Bought a pair of slippers last summer, and they made my feet burn.

I changed back into my old slippers even tho they also made my feet burn, still wearing those ones and they are on their very last threads.

Ta the sole of one slipper is almost perfect and the other has cracks and gouges out of it, htaf does that happen!!!!!!!!!11

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Advertisement