Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Bottles of Coke Zero….and the fûcking idiot gimp who put the QR code right next to the barcode. Using the self service machine in the shop I forget to cover the QR code with my thumb, that gets scanned which sends the machine into spasm…. I can’t reset it I need a staff member to do it, but there are none free, I’ve about a 3 minute wait because I tried to use a system that was supposed to make life more convenient, but because of its user unfriendliness and that absolute gimp who designs coke bottle labels… probably him and a team of about 800,000 grands worth of management approved the label design…

you just can’t get people to do anything right…life is swimming against a sea of idiots right now. 🤌🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Suduko.com - all of a sudden the screen keeps freezing - no idea why, TA that is is driving me mad

Post edited by It wasnt me123 on

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Irish football team. 1 shot on target over 90 minutes. Lose at home, yet scenes at the end were a group of Irish players leave the pitch together laughing, joking and having the craic. Yes it’s a friendly, but it’s a fûcking home international and people have payed significant money and made significant effort to be there… maybe ditch the smiles and matey hilarity until you get to the dressing room. And most importantly, look like being defeated at home, to Switzerland means something, look like you are disappointed with your performance and the result…

hard to believe in this day and age with media training and experience that these gimps can be so blasè, dumb and ignorant….

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ta'ed in general about some ppl's constant giving out about small things that don't suit them, even more of a ta is when most of that is them misinterpreting the situation and projecting onto it so the complaints are never-ending.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’ve just realised I’m a year older than I thought 🥵 . I obviously don’t celebrate my birthdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Every time there’s a road accident newspaper article on Facebook, this spamming crap appears. Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

That - agreed!

What gets my back up is FB/Twitter bots who are programmed to repeat either a comment or the original post - very annoying.

Plus I've been asked by at least a dozen scammers in the last few days "add me as my friend lady, you are a precious rose". No I'm a miserable menopausal wagon with no truck for idiots!!!!

And don't get me started on the "Adult" bots - "what would you do to me if we were alone ?" - get you to put on a sweater and smarten your ideas up, young lady!!!

End rant!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Baba Yaga

work with a lad,big into his football,has his team tattood on his arm,fair enough each to their own,im into my motorbike racing,in particular the Isle of Man TT and road racing in general,i dont bore him with it cause hes not interested but this morning i lost it with him(hadnt even had me coffee yet) when he starts about some match and who did what etc etc etc...i used a Guy Martin quote on him "i dont see the point in wasting at least two or three hours of my life watching 22 multi-millionaires running about in shorts chasing a ball around a field...and if i want the opinion of someone thats interested in chasing a ball ill ask next doors dog" he got the point and finally shut up and i got my coffee in peace!

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,747 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Dail na nOg Poindexters wanting voting for 16 year olds, fcuk off.

Post edited by whisky_galore on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭RickBlaine

Got a taxi home last night and the driver ended up going down the wrong side of the road at a junction. It was a centrally divided road so had to do a u-turn. Thankfully it was early in the morning so there was no oncoming traffic. He was an old-school Dubliner driver so it's not like he learned to drive in a different country that drives on the other side. He didn't appear to be under the influence so most likely he was at the end of the very long shift and was exhausted.

Irish Rail’s policy of selling reservations whereby you pay a fiver for a seat - BUT you can use the service before or after, meaning that that packed to f**k service I’m on to Cork you either pay 5 euro for a seat or pay 3,000 a year and have a choice to stand for at least an hour or take your chance and be moved by some entitled tourist with 2 mins to go… 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was in Tesco tonight with my mother and she was offering my eggs/chocolate for Easter. I said yes and then I asked was the Easter Bunny bringing them.

A woman clearly overheard me because she said hello very friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

TA that my cognition has utterly failed me, this is for some reason scrambling my brain despite the simplicity of the language..

Meanwhile I was reading a small bit about torque and levers that made sense.

If the tourist paid for the seat, why aren't they "entitled" to it?

People cracking jokes about the bridge collapse that people DIED in just hours or days ago, ffs what are you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Businesses that usually need lengthy phone calls to resolve issues, like insurance, phone, broadband, TV, etc. only having call centres open from 9-5 weekdays, when most people are working.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Being forced to "upskill" again (tho this has nothing to do with my actual job and will only be added to the company's www to look good)

Had the usual trouble logging on etc, had a look at the sections over the weekend and they are numbered sections 1-9 without saying how many subsections are in each ( both the training provider and my job are keen on time management for this course completion)

I messaged the providers to see if there was any additional info on this and I was told that there wasn't as each section has a variating amount of subsections🙄(one section has over a hundred) BUT I could go to their welcome meeting and ask my questions there. Questions that anyone who knew the courses could answer off the top of their heads in a second(let alone the week it took them to respond to me)

No written notes as well putting me at a significant disadvantage again, (I would put in a million screaming emojis except that I can't find those either)

In brief, my ta is standardised learning.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭blade1

My hands are TA'ing me.

For reasons best known to themselves, they've gone from normal to dry in the space of two days.

And this split on my finger stings like hell.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Same, the sudden drop in temperature and being out in the rain twice recently have given me a matching pair of cracks on my sodding thumbs

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Meet your sister, folks, I get those b@stards on my thumbs, just by the corner of the nail.

The only thing I found that makes them go quickly is a cream called Uriage Bariéderm/ Bariéderm-Cica.

(no affiliation with company or supplier, etc).

apologies! I was on a rant last night!

My annoyance is right squarely with the Irish rail policy - the tourists just annoyed me by clicking their fingers at me cos I had headphones on and didn’t hear them initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Even though the Bluetooth on my laptop is turned on, it has decided to disconnect from my wireless keyboard and mouse, just at my break-time when I wanted to use it for non-work-related stuff. BOO-urns!!

I think I'll have to reboot...

(no affiliation with company or supplier, etc).

Employee of the month, I bet! 😄😉

• Registered Users Posts: 33 PP Lee

Aveeno Oatmeal Formula cream for very dry skin is really good if you want to try it out

My TA today is that it’s payday today but after all bills are paid I’m still too skint to buy a video game that I’ve been looking for. At €85 the price is rather excessive anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Went to Aldi for 2 small things, left 20 minutes later €183 lighter and with a full boot. 🙄

Had a pain in my lower neck and upper shoulder, thought I slept weird and I'd be able to wait it out. Went about business just minor housework and the weekly shop.. I was more than halfway down the road (so totally committed to the mission) when I became aware that the pain was spreading quickly. Now the original area is very bad but has also knocked my lower back and hips out. Sorry for the long winded post but I've nothing better for doing now.

• Advertisement

Went into Tesco for a piece of fish for tomorrow.

Came out 45 quid less with an Easter egg and stuff o didn’t think I needed.

And no fish :(

Advertisement