Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

News sites that have ads every 4 lines. Nightmare when reading on the phone.

Quality of news articles these days. Gone are the days when you read an article and it was straight forward, not meanderings all over the place and written like a novel. They seem to never get to the point, repeating the same things over and over again and you still don't know WTF happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

TA from yesterday: I'm sure I speak for all hungover people when I welcome electric vehicles on the roads. My poor head.

Today's TA: back in the office 3 days a week. Already one of the lads in here is sneezing, coughing and spluttering. He's just said there now that this is the worst day of his cold. SO WHY ARE YOU HERE????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 24,951 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I stumbled on a news article published in 2019 reporting the death of my former primary school principal.

photo and detailed article confirm it’s him.

the reason it made the news was because he was formally an inter-county GAA player who won an all Ireland medal at the tail end of the 1940’s. A Meath man.

the man was a thundering cûnt, a violent bully and an extremely intimidatory presence in the school. This was in the mid ‘80’s where it was clearly not legal to physically assault kids…..but, although I thankfully went under that particular radar, many who I knew didn’t…

he had this fixation with teachers sending him kids for running in the yard during break….crime of the century… “because you’ll hurt yourself” was the rationale…. Here, have a few slaps, stop you hurting yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I've been gone since 4pm yes, just sitting down to brekke now. There at least 3 lawnmower's cutting grass, releasing pollin to further annoy my sinus's and kill the new bees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They've had the guts of 24 hours to do this and they wait till im back and will want to nap in a few.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The fact that, so long after the change to Vanilla, you STILL have to uncheck "Bookmark this discussion" every time you reply to a thread.

Also, the crazy-ass dreams I had last night. They'd seem funny if I described them but they were actually genuinely upsetting in real time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sorry my bad , I haven’t seen Dennis Leary on tv in years. ! I forgot all about that song 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭teediddlyeye

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal."- Charlie Manson

• Registered Users Posts: 13,091 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Or maybe they just got "board"...

I'll get my coat...

To thine own self be true

My TA is I'm starving. I have food in the fridge but I know if I put the microwave / oven on I'll get a knock on the wall to keep the noise down. Which is fair enough but I'm used to a detached house.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Seems a bit extreme to knock on the wall over cooking stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Can you open the door seconds before it goes 'ding'? Or move the oven to a different place in your kitchen so its not near the wall?

I pulled it away from the wall , so it should be fine now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Death in the family today.

My seemingly neverending tube of toothpaste came to the end of its life.

I wish I could say it went peacefully but truth be told, I've been wringing it's neck every day with the last few weeks.

Donations accepted in lieu of flowers.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Its time had come. It was a bit long in the tooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If you cut the bottom of the tube you may get another "dose". Using the offals, like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Made toast for a quick takeaway breakfast on the commute

No butter

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Dramatik

The creative part of my brain told me that 9pm last night was a good time to start working on something.

Before I knew it, it was 4:30am because my brain kept saying "ahh would you not just finish this little bit, then you can go to bed"

I wouldn't mind only I had to get up at 7:30am for work.

Eyes are hanging off me today

There’s obviously something wrong about my mattress. Every morning I seem to have a bad back. And I’ve no coffee !!

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Dogsitting for friends. They're lovely dogs but the gardener is here today and they've been barking at him pretty much non-stop. Going on three hours now...

Post edited by Dial Hard on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

My neighbour has a job that's not 9-5 so he'd have a lot of random days off, so the kids would be in school and he has plenty of time to work away at his garden or DIY. His garden looks amazing and mine looks like shyte and it annoys me

After postponing for over a year, I got my ears cleaned, I was very good and waited the prescribed 5 days before I got them wet,

Seems like some seborrhoeic dermatitis has hatched in my ears, so now they are dry and itchier than before and there is nothing I can do to solve this.

Ta(not really) sore itchy ears worse that before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Got charged stamp duty on my new credit card yesterday - for the year ending April 2023.

Despite me giving my new provider AIB a letter from my old bank UB saying I had already paid the stamp duty for the year ending April 2023 (charged before I closed my credit card account with UB last September)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Try a little warmed olive oil. Old fashioned but works.

I had a really bad ear infection about 20 years ago and it was treated in the hospital by stuffing it with a soft wick soaked in warm molasses. Worked almost immediately where two courses of antibiotics failed.

The google ad for intermittent fasting to lose weight. I’m underweight and have sent feedback several times and still I get it , please stop !!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,348 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you encounter a young person who acts like a real old fella. Which is fine if that's how they are but sometimes it's an act to butter up old people to get something off them or they are just mocking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,915 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Toothpaste that comes in a HUGE cardboard box but has a tiny tube inside.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The paralysis that comes on me when important things need to be done..

• Advertisement

Got a mangled fiver in some change, there is a chunk missing so even taping it tog doesn't work.

Ta im out a fiver now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement