Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

When their is no milk in the fridge.

And worse, buttermilk 😁

People who leave uneaten food in the fridge to rot.

Vegan ice cream.

Basically, it's a bad fridge situation in my house at the moment. 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 13,132 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Fight, flight or freeze..

I'm your sister if it's any consolation xx

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 14,159 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

This sign trivially annoys me

• Registered Users Posts: 16,017 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Google ads , im 6’4” and underweight and i don’t want to see weight loss tips of a Keito ? diet. I’ve done as much as i can ( see this ad repeatedly, not interested , etc ) but it keeps popping up !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Sometimes people baffle the heyull out of me.

The 'lightening round on 'words with friends ' seems to have disappeared again. My morning ritual is words with friends and a crossword if I have one, then wordle at midnight. . I seem to do better in the mornings

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I had 4 pints over the course of 5 hours last night. Somehow I feel like I had 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,093 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Hospital appointment. ..I check in around 7 minutes before the scheduled consultation, with the admin person…

im told im the first appointment of the day, shown to the waiting room… it’s empty although I’m joined by a person 5 minutes later….despite being the first appointment of the day… I end up waiting 45 minutes in the waiting area. Consultant arrives at his room, coffee in hand and proceeds to have a 3 minute chat with a colleague outside his room… it’s doubtful it’s anything work related. Too jolly, much laughter. He’s in there another 5 minutes before I get called. So almost 55 minutes after my scheduled appointment time , ….im walking towards his room….

a simple courtesy… “ apologies mr Strumms, the delay is because of X happening “… meeting overran, IT problem, whatever… from himself on arrival or his PA preceding that…. … “Dr. H is running behind, meeting,”

but nope, straight down to business…. A polite man to deal with and a positive conversation…but if I am late 5 minutes or more for an appointment I’ve always been of the mind to let said person know, via whatever means…and subsequently issue an apology….

he had time to make a hot beverage, time to shoot the breeze with a colleague, he hadn’t a sec to explain why I’m sitting there staring at the wall for going on an hour ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

You are not God.....he is 😂🤣😂😂🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Having a pint in the Brazen Head

Nice place but **** me the tourists will do your head in.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

The doctor's surgery I used to attend was awful for timekeeping. Appointment at 11, not a chance of being seen at 11. At least 11.30 but more likely nearer to 12. And never an apology about running late.

I was there one day, waiting, (what else 😁) and a patient apparently arrived late and they were told they couldn't be seen.

Now I don't know the ins and outs but I think they were very slightly late and most likely the doctor wouldn't have seen them at the appointed time anyway. They tried to argue that but got nowhere. So it was a one way thing only, it seems.

If he’s dyslexic I’m a dog… make no bones about it ✅😬

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

FOMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

My work phone keeps dropping calls - usually around 1 minute and 30 seconds into the call.

Fixed it by resetting network settings.

But that kicks me out of WiFi and defaults to Mobile Data

No big issue until I log into a Zoom Meeting on my phone and it's a crap signal because the walls are too thick.

So I turn back on the WiFi for Zoom meetings.

And then make a call afterwards and it disconnects after 1 minute and 30 seconds because the WiFi is still on.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I gotta a Freddo easter egg at work so was having some tea at about 5 pm and broke open the egg to get the Freddo bar.

No bleedin bar. Crappy little Freddo sweets inside the egg

Livid

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That I collected a load of change to use it on something I remembered I need in the shop., but fcuk can I remember what it was !!

And also the tv guide said international football , England v Brazil . I went and bought 3 beers to watch it. It’s women soccer 😡😡

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Not to disagree with your TA at all but I was gutted also opening one in work during the week until I tasted those baby Freddos, I thought they were gorgeous, I'm going to buy a few for myself.

TA , a bottle of water is never ending but a bottle of wine evaporates, wtf.

• Advertisement

I’ve mislaid my remote control and the tv just has a screen with no signal

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Journalists that cannot even get basic research right. I was reading the BBC article below that includes the line

"The term 'conspicuous consumption' was noted by Thorsten Weblen in his book, The Theory of the Leisure Class, in 1899,"

The guys name was Thorsten Veblen not Weblen. As in "Veblen good" that should be familiar to anybody who did leaving cert economics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

My brother mentioned a similar thing with a Creme Egg Easter egg. He was expecting 1 or 2 Creme Eggs in it but got several mini-sized ones instead. I think he was just a bit trivially annoyed about it.

It's got worse. Replacing no signal is now Austin Powers is on 😡😡

Baz Ashmawy…

just why ? Anytime I turn on a TV, this fûcker just seems to be staring back, with that gormless… “ yes I know I’m a melt and stealing a living, rte knows it, and every one of you know it too “ expression on his face.

the only thing he does is ‘ enthusiasm ‘… state the bleedin obvious, and talk…a lot, barely stopping for breath…or leaving a millisecond for anyone . He appears to be in love with himself and his voice.

been recognised with awards apparently, which is a bit, erm, mad… for just not shutting up ?! 😬🤷‍♂️

That’s a common thing now with TV listings…

made plans to watch a cricket match last summer… I can’t recall who but say West Indies vs South Africa….all the listing said was…

Live : International test Match Cricket… West Indies vs South Africa…. It turns out it was women. As has been documented I’m a supporter, fan of women’s sports, I watch on tv and attend in person but I enjoy having a choice and the choice being respected ..

can stations and media listings not be bothered to dutifully inform us what teams ?

men / women / men U-20 / women U-20 and so on ?

almost as if to say… “ you are a fan of X sport, so it shouldn’t matter, shut up, watch it, we are not differentiating, everyone is equal you shouldn’t differentiate either “. WATCH IT !

it’s a democracy pricks, so just inform the public of who is playing, let them choose to watch or otherwise and fûck off with yourselves.

Im not really into a sport so much that i watch the ladies team . Though i was in Croke Park to see Monaghan win the ladies All Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

When you get the car washed and waxed and a bird s****s all over it within an hour. I'm fuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,277 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I'm convinced they wait for you to wash it. 🙈

Whatever bird shat on my car the other day would want to get seen to.

Looks like he had a dodgy curry as there's yellow splatters allover it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I've definitely said this before, but people who reply to a thread with, like, 9 posts on it saying "I haven't read all the replies, but..."

Just fcuking read them, you lazy twat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement