Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭Archeron

TA that there's a spider living somewhere my car and I can't find him. He's a quick little builder too, I could for example, fill the car with fuel, get back in five minutes later and there'll be a line of shiny new web from the steering wheel to the dash or the like.

I think he's mocking me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,785 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I know. Was prescribed tablets to help , then the Dr doubled them , still my mind goes haywire in bed . And not in a good way. I’ve always been the same. Reading used to help but now I really only sleep every 2nd night

todays TA is trying to connect my tv and router. I’ve tried 6 times with the correct ( as far as I know ) password but no luck 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

A fairly niche, first-world-problem TA, but a TA all the same. The way that Apple structures/prices their iCloud+ storage options:

• 50GB
    • 200GB
    • 2TB

I currently have the 200GB option (which I share with my parents), and if I need any more than that, then I'm forced to go to the next tier - which is 10x the capacity of the previous tier - far more than what I currently need. For years now, they have neglected to add some additional storage tiers in between 200GB and 2TB - I can't see why they couldn't add maybe a 500GB or 1TB option rather than forcing everyone who needs a little more than 200GB to pay for 2TB. I guess enough people fork out for the 2TB option than Apple don't seem to feel the need to introduce more intermediate tiers - very frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Why oh why cant adds, websites etc have a refuse all button integrated into their cookies page, if I have to go through all the cookies, legit usage stuff, I'll just leave it completely.

Tricking me into being so fed up the I don't do the legit usage doesn't work on me. Way more likely I'll see the items/video/audio they want to show me if I don't have to wade through all the crap first.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Really, the operating system should let you decide your cookie/tracking policy in one place and that should be applicable across all sites, unless you want to override for specific sites.

• Advertisement

When you are too tired to get up for a pee. But you need to go and pee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭apache

School boys from the local secondary school are the worst. They can't walk down the road like normal people. Always dragging out of eachother and hitting and running backwards and forwards. And congregating in the shops does my head in. Standing in the middle of doorways and aisles chatting. I try and avoid the times they do be around.

What is the story with people in general blocking doorways? So annoying....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Name him and just accept that he lives with you now. I had a monstrous fcuker I called Peter (Parker) who lived in my bedroom for the guts of a year.

People who hum and haw when you ask them if they want chips.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Very few ppl will get this completely, but once I had a horrible boss, bullied me and threatened other staff to behave the same, except for the kids I had living with me it would have been touch and go regarding if I survived this situation or not.

That boss was very very proud of their political/PR contacts and had most of the FF party on speed dial. which they mentioned to pretty much everyone.

Last night I woke up laughing as it dawned on me this boss behaved in exactly the same manner with the same disregard for ppl not like them as the current govt.

Boss would hate this soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much, as they mouth platitudes at ppl in work complaining about the evection ban.

Ta I still remember that.

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I have a subscription for the Irish Times AND the Irish Independent. Yet if I want to read an article via their Facebook pages I am forced to log in every single time.

Motd must have started early ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

When I moved into my house I insisted to my OH that I would get a simple microwave with two analog dials. That's exactly what I did. I paid €80 for a nice simple two-dial Russell Hobbs microwave. I just can't get my head around those digital microwave setting at all. They're baffling!!

Today's TA is that I'm sick to death of this schizoid weather. One minute it's hot and sunny, the next it's wet, cold and muddy. Every time my Jack Russell comes into the kitchen from the back yard we have to wipe a load of mud from his paws before letting him anywhere near the rest of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,432 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When on a website a customer service agent keeps on popping up to help you!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭outside the rain

I started watching the x-files from the beginning. I loved it as a kid but can hardly remember it. I did remember the relationship between moulder and Scully and I always thought it was stupid the way Scully would see all this crazy **** but whenever there was a new episode or something new extraordinary happened she would act like moulder was crazy for believing paranormal/extraterrestrial/conspiracy etc but then it would turn out moulder was right! Then next episode something again and Scully would be like 'yea right, I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation moulder 🙄 ' rolling her eyes at moulder again!!! But!!! I just watched the first episode and the fbi bosses actually sent her to work with moulder to disuade him from his curiosity and highlighting things they might want to keep schtum!! So I just thought it was stupid but that explains it. Be interesting watching it again now be like the first time but I kind of know the characters already.

Anyway I'm not annoyed by that. Just I couldnt find an old thread I remember called Things you only just realized so that annoyed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,017 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Stupid "improvements" Irish people do to their houses #34,964: Olde Worlde Acne.

When people put this fake whitewashed stone effect on the walls that makes the house look like it's got an outbreak of pimples. Why anyone would think that looks nice is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,116 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Wout Weghorst. There have to be more useful footballers lying down in graveyards…

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Organising the wedding. I am in my element with my spreadsheet. One guest, a friend of the OH, is being a nightmare. She is a militant vegan and wants to know whats on the menu before she goes. Being awkward like. She has no plus one and I heard she is a nightmare to live with. Which I am not surprised by.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Not exactly a TA, more like a sad thing - when Boardsies you like stop posting completely and disappear or suddenly close their account. You're left worrying for their wellbeing, even though they probably just got bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭teediddlyeye

People being too polite holding a door open. I'm not doing a stupid half arsed jog/fast walk for 5 metres just to say thanks.

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal."- Charlie Manson

• Advertisement

Sweating in other people's houses.

I can't be alone in thinking the vast majority of people have acclimatised themselves to ridiculous indoor temperatures? Can't wait to leave some people's houses sometimes, cool outside air can be such a relief.

My wife's parents are particularly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Couldn’t agree more. It annoys me that people heat their houses and wear t shirts indoors in winter. Apart from being so expensive I believe it’s unhealthy.

But I come from a generation when we had no central heating as children.

If there are no babies in the house it doesn’t need to be so warm.

The spring on the right stem of my glasses is broken, so every time I look down they fall off

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,649 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

He also walks around in summertime saying “how about this heat?”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I know the song, i'm thinking many don't, it's been passed to Admin team..

Grem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭StevenToast

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

That lidl changed their leaflets so now half of it is upside down

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement