Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,334 ✭✭✭Archeron

Stupid car colors. Saw a brand new car earlier, lovely car but the colour could only be described as Nuclear Snot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,192 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

On the car subject, how cars makes are much less distinctive in their models. Ford v Toyota were much more distinctive say.

I know it has been done for safety and performance reasons, but still.

Sometimes such as vehicle IDs after a crime\incident, it may have less trivial consequences.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,825 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I hate the fact that loads of cars these days look like they've been designed by a 12-year-old to "look cool", all sharp edges and weird angles, like robots made of shards and of LEDs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

They're the same crowd who give out about a few cherry blossom petals blowing around for a couple of weeks of the year. Miseryguts, one and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm on the bus on my way into Lansdowne for the match. The traffic is chronic, we've gotten pretty much red light the entire way and the driver is stopping at every single stop, whether anyone is getting on/off or not. I may actually kill someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The fair weather Grand National gamblers who hold up the queue in the bookies with the most inane questions. Actually overheard one woman ask 'what does it mean to back win on a horse?'.

Move outta the way lady, and let me lose my money with a least a bit of knowledge of how it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭blade1

A Garda drove past in the opposite direction earlier.

His head buried in his phone.

I was on my bike so got a perfect view.

If the enforcers are even at it, what hope is there?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

You could be Max Verstappen but once you're in a Skoda on the secondary roads in this country (any road really) and put a phone/tablet/bowl of cereal in front of you all bets are off. Absolutely no excuse, at all.

Dem Skodas are lethal Joe.

ps totally agree with your general point, just thought the emphasis on Skoda a bit odd and have responded in AH style!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

I’m binging a series called Captivated that I taped off tv.

My brain must be wired funny cos all I can hear in my head now is the gorgeous voice of Cerys Matthews as she sings the word in the opening of Catatonia’s Mulder and Scully!!!

When shops do this... you get the hang of where things are:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Speaking of supermarkets, Tesco home delivery service. You would think that filling the carts would be better done in the store room area where most things would be and probably easier to get to. But no, they have to have multiple large and small carts in every aisle blocking the way of shoppers moving down the aisles and getting near items. It's getting worse each week and on top of that they decide to restock the shelves at the same time.

I've this notification and I can't clear it for weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Getting afternoon headaches lately, they are becoming an everyday occurrence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,565 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I went to the chipper at 9.40 ish , only to be told last orders are 9.45 . I wish I wore a watch because it was 9.43 in the car dashboard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,535 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I have one too, turns out a poster I've never heard of quoted me, they were banned and the post nuked. I suspect it wasn't a flattering post, but the constant notification is bugging me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,903 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Missed out on a pint in a wetherspoons in London by a few seconds

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Try looking at it from your phone, my notifications don't appear as read unless I've looked at them through the mobile version. I normally just tap over the bell icon, the list appears and that clears the notification number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Oh I have a notification that’s not there too!! Soooo annoying!!!

Something got burnt in our microwave Today and it reminds me of the student apartment I stayed in and I've mixed emotions about that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,903 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lost an mp3 player a few days ago and teared the place apart to find it to now avail

Not sure to be angry at been so old for using an 'MP3 Player'or for remembering the the wasted time of putting music onto it that I will have to repeat 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Lol thought I accidentally posted here a post I meant for the ladies lounge so I quickly tried to edit it but turns out I had posted in the right place lol ta!

Ta I thought I posted in the wrong place but actually posted in the right place but then went to the effort to explain it the wrong place 😁😁😁😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,565 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’m after taking a bite of roast beef , which is 3 days out of date . I hate puking 😡😡

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Trying to add my film & TV collection to Blu-Ray.com and getting multiple "not in the database" responses.

• Advertisement

Similar experience sometimes when I open new tabs for threads in my bookmarks and it can take me a few seconds to realise which one I'm now looking at :)

Perhaps time for the pros there, opticians first maybe. Although visiting an opticians is a trivial annoyance :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I guess I must be 10 times more TAed than you as I have 10 of them. I was away in the UK for a week and when I came back I had a couple of hundred unread posts. When I cleared them all down I was left with 10 phantom ones :-(

Wake me up when it's all over.

Make that 11 times more TAed :-( as of this morning another phantom unread post got added to the total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People at car boot sales who buy something from you only to put it on their own table and flip it again with a mark up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,812 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

intercounty football referees at the minute. Pathetic shower of incompetents.
    Watching Dublin vs Meath. Meath getting awarded soft free after soft free… Dublin player through on goal… 1 vs 1 with their keeper, practically gets rugby tacked to the ground from behind and no penalty, the absolute thick clown in black just waves play on.

Then a Dublin player gets blown up and booked for a genuine attempt to dispossess a player. Borderline free but nowhere near yellow…. Where are they getting this current bunch of idiots 🥶

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,334 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Put a fire on so it would be nice and toasty in the sitting room this evening, went back to study & forgot all about it. Fire out. No more kindling sticks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

If it's still warm you might rescue it by putting remaining embers on top of fuel and giving it some air. However quite labour intensive so I hear that TA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Do you know when people are discussing Breaking News memories and people are saying they were in all these exciting places when they heard the news break.

Then there's me. I was at home in the living room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,007 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Good point, although the trivial annoyances of over-chlorinated tap water versus having to return bottled water rears its head!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Saw a headline on RTE “Sharon Corr rules out marrying again”

Me: Damn it I thought I had a chance

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

1.27 am, I get a WhatsApp from an acquaintance, I reply about 3 minutes later, yet nothing back.

Why people message at the time of the AM with no intention of actually engaging. Surely it can wait

😉😅

That Petrol Emotion's Every Beginning Has A Future (a 7 CD box set) was my favourite reissue of 2022.

Was playing at the weekend and dropped CD3 onto the wooden floor. Now scratched and a number of tracks skip.

Discs are not sold individually and a new set will be £68.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,025 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

There used to be things on sale claiming to repair scratched CDs, are they still around? One type was a box that would shave the plastic down to remove the imperfections.

Would that be a possible solution?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Every time I see a post from you I think of Victor Meldrew !

T'ad that a lot of you wont have a clue who he is

woken up by a scam phonecall, sure, here are my card details 😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Richard Wilson was 53 when One Foot in the Grave first came out. It's scary (and trivially annoying) to think that I'll be that age in two years.

if I was to elaborate on what I think of every time I see a post of yours 😂 😉

My TA… this weather, want to go for a walk later but not great weather for it,

Might work, will investigate thanks.

Normally a disc hitting the floor will be ok. However this one hit the edge of a steel record case on the way down so that did the damage. I have emailed the label asking would they sell me a replacement disc rather than forking out for the whole thing again. Unfortunately none of the albums got separate / standalone reissues in 2022.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

TA coldest day here in ages, been lashing hailstones half the day and we've run out of oil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

As Strumms Victor Meldrew was a likeable old thing so don't be too upset .

T'ad that I might have upset you

• Advertisement

Will it copy? I've had discs that won't play on a CD player but would on a computer so I copied them to the HD and then burnt a new CD.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement