Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

It'd be quiet, except for the ******* neighbours dog barking all the ******* time. But the really annoying thing is they never tell him to shut up or lie down. It would go through you.

Loads of other dogs around but this ****** barks all the time..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Needed a bulb replaced in a front headlight, so went to a local place earlier today.

It's a really awkward place to get in and out of, involving lots of reversing to release whoever needs to leave. Everyone has to park at awkward angles, once they are in, with hardly a coat of paint between the cars betimes. 😁 And there's a line of parked cars either side as you go in/ out.

The lads are really nice but after reversing out twice to release others I was beginning to wish they would tell me if they could do it for sure, or if I needed to call back Monday or whatever. That was my TA.

Anyway, the reversing around corners that I was taught long ago when learning to drive came in useful - three times. 😁

All sorted, phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 AIDAN8319

The radical left, woke ideology, **bekind culture, the main exponents of this tend to be full on narcissists and even sociopaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Blame the sh*t-head owners. Well looked-after, stimulated, exercised dogs don't bark like that. I'll never understand why some people get dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭Poochie05

People coming on to threads to say black is white or what about this or that which is much worse. Just looking to start an argument

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Men specifically, who stone face me when I smile at their dog as it passes by or stops to sniff me.

Dude I'm smiling at your dog, I'm not looking to break up your marriage and have your babies, lighten up.

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

He's stuck in the back the whole time. Not sure they ever take him anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Had war myself for 10 years over barking 24 hours every day.

Even in the end I had to ring them to tell them their dog was dying all alone in their back yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

My two TAs about eating out both occurred tonight

1/ One person in the group's main course was forgotten so it arrived much later than everybody else's

2/ Waiting ages to pay the bill

Dion Dublin is a grade A flute.

• Advertisement

I've lost most of two rich teas in me cup of tea. 🤦

• Registered Users Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I'm awake again. Leg tremors and boom the witching when lately I've been waking up,.I'm taking a sleeping pill. Sick of this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Happened here when I was new. They claimed they could not hear it... ????? I finally said I would report it as a noise nuisance.. they had never heard of that so it was sorted. Dog was apparently chained up outside in all weathers near the pig pen.. There is something wrong when a dog barks like that. In this case it was being outside in all weathers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Neighbour got a Nespresso-type coffee machine. So every now n' then there's the trademark nnnngggghhh, thunk thunk thunk thunk, nnnngggghhhh noise at random throughout the day. Worse is that I know I'll eventually realise some sort of routine to it, much like another neighbour's nightly toilet schedule 🙉

It is what it's.

I'm not even gonna read past the first sentence 'cos this is all-too relatable. Used to take the piss out of someone in work who had absolutely no peripheral vision. Dead now. Didn't see it coming.

I'll say `scuse me` to get past anyone, but if there's no acknowledgement and no thought put in by them of their surroundings (4 people stopped blocking a path / legs sticking out into the aisle of the bus / standing in the way of getting to the back of the bus where there's still plenty of room to stand and having massive caterpillar eyelashes blocking their vision / oncoming 2-3 wide pedestrians who expect you to step onto the muck instead of them bunching up for the few seconds it'd take), I've taken to barging past, whether it means an elbow or carrier back making contact.

So far I've had "Is he alroigh?", "JAYZUS!", "DER'Z NO REWIMM", "Watch ihh!"

My TA now is not having a quick-enough quip to comeback with. "Dozy c*nt" is probably a bit much 🙊

It is what it's.

Local Tesco recently had a revamp. Looks nice. Wider aisles, better lighting, doors on fridges.

But there's now plenty of shelves where I can't read packaging, and can just about reach. What about anyone who's elderly, uses a wheelchair or just not tall? I really wish designers and architects were forced to spend a few hours in their creations to get a real-world feel for the practicalities.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭galwayguy85

Buying a relatively cheap piece of electronics, for example, a cooling fan (€5) for single-board computer from a website in South Korea (all legit, no local resellers in the EU could be found) and then being forced to hand over about 10 times the price of the item itself to courier company for customs fees etc when it gets to my door. Surely the price of the item and the relatively limited purpose the item has should be factored in?!

More scalding is a small chip becoming detached from the motherboard a few week later later and not having the micro-soldering skills to get it fixed! 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Similar TA, when I move off the path for elderly / buggies etc and the feckers don't say thx. Paths near me very old and narrow. So I say you''re welcome, or thank you when someone does it for me. Manners cost nothing, fecking use them

Ah now, a step too far me thinks, sometimes he's the beautiful thing I see all day (apart from my beautiful daughter, but then I'm a biased mum)

Have a heart for Ilovethe bonesofyou2, they have real problems 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Children on **** scooters in supermarkets, racing down the aisles. Was tempted to whack the parents in the face with the damn thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,929 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

^^^Yes this is sadly a thing now… ‘parents’ 😏

the standard of refereeing in inter-county Gaelic Football. It’s an absolute cancer on the game… lads in black without a notion of what they are looking at. Watching highlights of Cork Vs Meath… Cork half back running with the ball out of his own 45… poleaxed by a Meath half forward…… properly smashed without an effort being made to dispossess him… Cork lad who was fouled though gets a free awarded against him… 🤪 few minutes later the Meath full back touches the ball while it’s still on the ground, ref about 10 feet away, sees it, but no free against the Meath lad ….later in the contest and Meath are going back to their early ’90’s tactics of protecting their lead via serial foul play, thuggery and violence, ref only inclined to blow if there isn’t a score in range… if there is, regardless of the level of thuggery and violence it’s play on

• Registered Users Posts: 30,334 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know this isn't trivial.

My father is getting more and more confused, anxious and stubborn at times.

Sorry to hear your news - if you haven’t already I’d get a word to his doctor to see what ye can do, what medication etc may be available and onto HSE for family carers - that paperwork can take months, don’t leave it till you need it. Also Wheelchair association have family carers, they come in and do social interaction - bake, draw, go to cafes for cuppa etc. The more help you and the family get the better. Best of luck

Thanks for that.

He's seen his GP a few times in the past year and his attitude is he's getting worse and that's all. He hasn't had an official diagnoses but there's clearly something there. He can't follow anything, repeats stuff, forgets food he used like, he used be great with people but he doesn't know people now really, he's a few stories he tells people, my sister went abroad in 2020 and when she returned in 2021. He had no idea who she was.. There's a real list of stuff.

I've been asked at work had my father a touch of dementia.

We're okay looking after him but he wouldn't trust strangers in the house.

Muppets who have too much to say when they've no idea what you're dealing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,275 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That all sounds very familiar. ask for a referral to a consultant. if it is Alzheimers/dementia then make sure you get the legal side like will and EPOA done now before it is too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I only had tins of tomato soup. No Vegetable or any other kind, just 3 tins of tomato.

Also for someone who’s apparently reliant on a walking stick I keep leaving it in various places by accident.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

People who put their feet up on seats on buses. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,275 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

when you do see a consultant they will ask you a question that you may want to think about in advance. They wont ask when he started to act oddly. they will ask when was the last time he acted like himself. It is not always an easy question to answer.

• Advertisement

#

Thanks, I honestly don't know what the set up is really with his Dr.

My mother attends the Dr with him sometimes and whilst there is clearly an issue there isn't any mention of what to do next.

They'd have always been an element of Frank Spencer with him but things began to change in late 2020.

Advertisement