Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Thats always happening to me on the 3Plus app.

Went into a new 'doughnut' café today in Dame Street. Paid for doughnut & coffee.

Only after paying, saw a small sign saying only credit cards are accepted, no cash "currently"

Asked staff when they would start accepting cash.

"Not sure".

Twelfth of Never so.

My last visit to this outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Sebastian.Fahrner

• Registered Users Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I couldn’t find my glasses anywhere . They were in my pocket all along 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 30,334 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My car is 15 years old this year. Part of me wants to upgrade now and another part of me wats to keep driving it until something major goes wrong with it. However I do know if I do upgrade I'd be underwhelmed with it for the amount it cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Drive it into the ground.

If it's going ok and you're happy with it, pointless changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭micar

Watching a quiz show or something like The Late Late where the contestant/interviewee is wearing a jacket......not like a suit jacket but a proper outside jacket.

Primarily it would be men......surely they've a nice t-shirt or shirt to wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Car prices are insane now anyway.

5 years after purchase, our car has an indicative list price in excess of what we paid new.

To upgrade to same car new now would be for 17k more than paid 5 years ago.

If your car runs fine then I'd be sticking with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,077 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Like the housing market, the used car market bubble has to burst too.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Well maybe but the UK used car market is shut to us now so the supply is definitely constrained.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Keep driving it if you can. Mine is 24 years old and still going fine. I've never driven anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,334 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Jayus I honestly thought that was a wind up. But it made me think. In Ireland would it be called the ‘Fair play to ya card’?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Weighed myself today. I knew it wouldn't be good, but oh good jaysus, time to lay off the rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,929 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The local residents association has been doing trojan work for a number of years. The area has been very well served by everyone being in contact (who wants to be) on the whatsapp group, and social media….Twitter and Facebook.

however the girl whose brainchild this partly was about 6/7 years ago decided without much consultation that it would be in all our interests to allow two neighbouring roads / estates to join, it’s been renamed ( fictional examples ) the High road, church park and Waterville residents association… which means … 200 properties is now about 430…. The WhatsApp group is beeping like fûck, in the evening every few minutes notifications going off left right and center. Ive just had to mute it…

fûck inclusivity. The association was working brilliantly and brilliantly manageable just for us here…independently….if Ms Allinclusive wanted to she could have attended their meeting but now we sift through meeting minutes, updates on Facebook / WhatsApp reading through about two thirds of crapola that doesn’t have any bearing on our existence, because these areas are .4 and .5 kilometres away respectively … and by and large issues that don’t have any bearing on our lives…so… why can’t these fûcking things be ran separately, for them….. associations could have been ran with a decent spirt of cooperation between us all but SEPARATE…. People are too often determined to fûck up what’s working perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭blade1

It would be called the Ronan Keating card here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Threads that immediately descend into a series of puns on the thread title/topic. They're always painfully unfunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,275 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

lost my glasses overnight. they were in the pocket of my hoodie when i went to bed last night. nowhere to be seen this morning. luckily I have a spare pair but i will have to buy another if i dont find the missing ones soon. that is over 100 euro down the drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Cat is seriously ill with either an auto immune disease or cancer. Neither desirable. We'll get the results tomorrow. And we're booked to go to Morocco on Saturday. Too late to cancel but we couldn't be less bothered about going. Travel insurance only covers cancellation if the humans are sick and pet insurance only covers cancellation if she has to undergo "lifesaving surgery". We'd lose about 1500 if we don't go.

We feel like absolute turds.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Could you ask them if it's possible to postpone it?

I'm so sorry about you poor cat... Hope the tests say it's something treatable, after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I know.... but for far too many folk that short conversation at the checkout may well be the only time they have any human contact. Been there many times so I recognise it and hey! Yes time IS valuable but just a minute or two? A gift to give...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,979 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So the whole country will have too act (no pun intended) like the Oscars is a sporting event because of the All the 'Irish' in contention too win it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The mutt was whinging and howling at 12am from his nice comfy bed and blankets in the office room because he wanted to come into our room and sleep with us. I couldn't put up with the howling anymore so I relented and let him into the bedroom. As soon as he curled up on our bed and went to sleep the OH starts snoring like a chainsaw. I got up in a temper to run downstairs and get ear plugs from my back pack. Now I have a case of painful "swimmer's ear" in my right ear all day as a result of the ear plugs 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Well, depended what floats your boat.

But mostly all these things are to distract the public from the fact the country is being asset stripped.

Opening your podcast app, seeing a recommendation about an interesting subject, starting the podcast only to discover it’s hosted by two or three gaffawing American morons who spend more time laughing at their own dreadful jokes and banter than discussing the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,110 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Got a lovely pork joint for dinner in one of the major supermarkets. The type where it cooks in its bag for a specific period. Part of the instructions says 'remove all labelling before placing in oven'.

It's some design flaw then that said label is a sticker and impossible to rip off cleanly without leaving little white bits behind. And there I am trying to pick off the white bits, driving me demented.

Lost mine once when they were perched on my head..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,929 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

In the car, going down Collins Ave in Whitehall. There are big ample segregated cycle lanes both sides in both directions. Just in front of me to my left is a girl cycling in the cycle lane, in the ‘traffic’ lane adjacent to her is another cyclist, cycling parallel to her. They are yapping away… turning heads towards each other. The clown in the cycle lane is taking zero notice of fellow cyclists… the dumb fûck in the other lane, our lane is holding up traffic as nobody can go around him.. he’s not exactly flooring it either….there is single solid white line’ so they / we cannot overtake him, not safely / legally anyway. In addition this is the tail end of rush hour. So, BUSY !

its a real tribute to the dîckhead element amongst cyclists that when there is taxpayers money spent on / for them to ensure their safety and general efficiency of their and everyone else’s transit that they still give not one fûck about the safety or convenience of any other road users….just.. ‘we are cyclists’… that’s why…..a selfish pair of c***s and to be honest…. You’d can have little sympathy if one or both ended up in A&E through their very own stupidity, carelessness and selfishness.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I have a slight hearing issue and my boss has nagged me into going to the doctor about it. My GP is all but impossible to see but there's a clinic that may be open that I used a few years ago. I've no idea if it'll be open. The site says so but it also says:

Yeah.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Advertisement