Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Be right back

Intruder alarms. One going off in a local playschool for the last 20/25 minutes, waking me up and probably most of the estate. Messaged the owners and no sign of anyone coming to turn the damn thing off!!😡

• Registered Users Posts: 24,934 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The introduction of the ‘white card’ in football…

more virtue signaling….. more gesturing, more posturing, more thanks / likes hunting…more wasting time, more distractions from the truer and most important virtues of competitive sporting events…

you’ll probably soon have a goalkeeper wanting to hug and tie the laces of the opponent taking a penalty against him and about to knock his side out of the World Cup…. #outbutitsallwhite 😍

the medical team are paid cash to facilitate people with medical care, up to and including saving their life… let them, get at it and back to the football without this drama llama shîthousary…. Fûck off FIFA, rank wañkbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I was thinking about a rather favourable ex work colleague who id always got on with and who I’d seen out walking a while ago earlier in the pandemic… I remember commenting to myself then how quickly he’d aged since I’d spoken with and seen him last and he looked tired and very ashen looking … i decided now on an insomnia driven whim to look him up as you sometimes do online … unfortunately… the entry im shown first is one for RIP.ie and it’s him… photo confirms, fück, :( …. guy just had a nice genuine sense of humour, super sharp wit, acres of intelligence and always appreciated a good laugh and a distraction from the drudgery himself, there wasn’t a person aside from the odd manager who disliked him, which is validation a plenty anyway for all his qualities… see he had a very fair way about him and an absolute fountain of knowledge about his job and unlike some, always very quick to help someone needing a dig out no matter if that meant putting what he had to do, to one side momentarily…… when I started there, that someone was often me…so long TF….

• Registered Users Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I am waiting for the outcry when they link the white card to the Norwegian colour study and realise they they are glorifying white supremacy.

More than trivial. When someone calls you while eating. I mean fair enough if I had called them and interrupted their breakfast but why on earth would you be calling someone with your mouth full. And not just for a minute but for the whole **** conversation. In a work call of all things. And even acknowledged with “sorry I’m eating”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Were you talking to my boss ?

He does this all the time and it is the rudest thing ever

If he is volatile and tends to take things personally then I might have been talking to him alright

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I'm going on holiday on Saturday so of course I've developed a coldsore and a scratchy throat. If I've picked up covid I'm gonna lose the plot.

• Advertisement

I'd be very TA's that you caught me on boards !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Poppy seeds everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

They'll be banned when I stage my benevolent coup. They add absolutely nothing in terms of taste, go everywhere when you slice whatever it is they're on and then, as a final little "fcuk you", they get stuck in your teeth and are nigh-on impossible to get rid of.

Oh, and they can make you fail a drugs test if you eat them regularly.

All the new potholes since the icey spell.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That I am somehow awake again less than three hours after falling asleep

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

New glasses. Why did I go to Specsavers!

Shouldn't have gone to Specsavers. 😒😕

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Went to my local ALDI intending to get a few bales of briquettes and a couple of tubs of 'butter'

I discovered inside they were out of briquettes....

I felt like a right wally going through the checkout with me big trolley containing two tubs of spread 😀

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I tasted lychees/litchis today for the first time, after a friend was raving about them last week, eating them as we chatted on the phone (another annoying habit 😉 ). When they were the first thing I saw when I went into Aldi the other day, I said I'd better buy some.

Half an hour ago I tried them and I found them underwhelming. Peel of the skin, eat the flesh, only to realise that most of it is a stone! Not worth the hassle.

And the other annoying thing about them is how to pronounce and spell them. LEE-chee or LIE-chee, and lychee or litchi. I'll probably spell the word 'lychee' if I have to, since my friend insisted on 'litchi'. 😀 But I'll probably just avoid them from now on...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

((((HUGS))))) Fingers (and toes) firmly crossed..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Currently sitting in the darkness for three hours after a second power outage in the last fortnight. Went three times on Christmas Eve too.

I wouldn't mind if I happened to be out of the house when it occured, but of course I had a day off and was just going to settle down to a cup of tea and telly. And it coincides with dinner time too, and my dinner didn't turn out as yummy as I hoped.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Trying to sign onto an app. Sorry we don’t recognise the password.’ So thinking I’d changed it I’ll make a new one that I’ll remember.Sorry your new password can’t be the same as your old one . But you said the old one was wrong !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

TA that frames that look good inside the shop, always look crap when I get home.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Aside from the fact that I chose navy frames and got black ones, it's the actual lenses I'm unimpressed with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I've notice a increasing trend at supermarket till by cashiers encouraging shoppers to chat while there is a queue of people behind waiting to be served. If there is an argument for self service tills then this is the reason why I normally use them.

Before christmas nipped in to get something and had the cashier and a customer chatting about chocolates which ment the customer was stopping every few seconds to respond and then talk some more. There was a few of us waiting and they were oblivious to us.

Monday after christmas and I had to go in to this shop again because most of the others did not have much stock of veg. I get to the till and lo and behold it's the same till operator again and she chatting to customer who can't seem to shut up. 5 mins later I finally snap and ask if they plan on chatting for much longer as people do have places to go and things to do. The till operator gives me dagger looks and the customer is one of those holier than thou ones. Starts going on about good deeds and to the till operator to make she she does those good deeds. It works both ways went straight over her head, yes hold up a queue of shoppers so you can gossip is a really good f*cking deed. Parking in the family car spot when your 60 plus with no kids is a good f*cking deed as well. My good deed when pulling into the shop was warning someone putting a bottle in a box at the bottom of the full bottle bank that there is a camera watching and he'll get fined using the car reg. 3rd time won't be a charm for her. 😡

It’s a bugbear of mine too….. my time and everyone else’s is valuable…..

if I’m shopping tomorrow it’s simply….

hi, how’s it going

63 euros …? Ok, there you go

Brilliant, thanks very much for your help, appreciate it, bye.

transaction completed in a few words…

fûck these cûnts with anecdotal nonsense about…

The weather, how dear the veg is since Brexit, do they not have any 2 litres of Volvic ? If it’s not on the shelf then no, and if it’s in the stores, you cant get it anyway so why mention it ? 🤪

That I’m up at this time .When I looked at my phone I thought it said 9.50am.

Also on another post I meant to say ‘pass the time ‘ and autocorrect spelled ‘ past ‘.

Also trying to get a prepaid credit card, but the site sends me round in circles. I’ve been done lately with 2 false charges on my other card so I reckon this is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Waking up at 5.41am when I have to leave the house at 5.45am 😣

• Advertisement

The amount of e scooters and weird modified bikes driving round the place like motorbikes are an accident waiting to happen.

Advertisement