Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,929 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

True, but he’s lost apparently over 12 million from divorces…and in his own words was careless with cash and was involved in some failed business ventures…also just got married a fourth time…

So if woke brings in the cash, I’d say that’s the road he’ll just go down…

I seriously doubt he’s reviving the show for anything apart from a payday.

good luck to him genuinely, but i can’t see it resonating with the general public after all this time with most of the beloved cast either dead or ill.

its just not going to be Fawlty Towers, without that cast of characters.

And Cleese at 83.. ? Hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I never liked it to be honest. I will probably like the revamp less.

Although it did allow the lads at secondary school to call our Kerry English teacher - Basil. Because he looked the spit of him. so there was that positive.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭French Toast

I'm a secondary teacher. About half of my 1st year group can't read an analogue clock/watch.

Tbf digital is almost everywhere but I'd consider it a life skill that closely follows basic literacy. Frustrating.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Try asking them what they'd have to do, step by step, if they wanted to send a letter...

As they say, the answer will shock you.

I just saw Biden giving a speech to the House of Representatives there. As the camera panned to over enthusiastic Americans clapping. Who did they pan to? Fecking Bono! Shades and all.

It immediately caused me to involuntarily shout ‘Ah Jayus, Bono, can they keep him?’

• Advertisement

TA’d that I have to be an adult and wash my work uniform and work tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭Poochie05

TA people who open the wrong side of a double door so when they close there is a bit sticking over the other one

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭stopthevoting

Ads for "Uisce Éireann is the new name for Irish Water." Confusing and missing the point.

It was already known as Uisce Éireann or Irish Water or both. The logo was, and still is, literally those four words.

The change is that it is no longer a subsiduary of Ervia, and is now a separate standalone utility company. That is what the ads should be pointing out (if there is any need to do so). As part of the changes, it is to be officially known as Uisce Éireann now, but there is really no point making ads to say that, since that name was already in use as part of the branding anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,334 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My car is booked in for repair for Thursday the 24th.

I'm unsure did they mean Thursday the 23rd or Friday the 24th.

Aimlessly left my wallet down somewhere in the same room- while distracted organising a plan. I was looking for an old membership card in draws/cupboards.

Now I realised wallet could be anywhere under something - ‘somewhere’. 45 minutes gone so far. Most of which spent cursing myself, for my carelessness and stupidity.

• Advertisement

I think this may be the longest day of my life.

Similarities earlier today with loosing my passport and eb's bank book inside the house

Hepp ending though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Waiting to hear back about a job.

Compounded by having to field constant "Any word?" queries from family and friend. Of course there's no fcuking word, I'd have told you immediately if there was!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Wasted yesterday. Properly wasted it so of course started today cranky because of it.. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,832 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Online shopping when an item comes in different variants but there's no option to pick which variant you want. It's potluck whatever the picker puts into the box.

So if you want the full set you've to actually go to the brick n mortar store....which is a fat lot of use when you've an online code.

Yeah you could do click n collect but you still need to go to store to check they have variants....do the order, wait until you get the order collection confirmation, see what variant you got them do the exchange at customer service.

So much hassle when they could just use different product codes for each variant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭StevenToast

TA when I am in the office and have no work to do so I have to come up with something to make myself look busy.......

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They obviously meant Thursday the 24th of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

I think Ive just experienced an all time great p1ss boiler.

Busy chipper.

30 min lunch.

Place order. Order number 123.

Patiently wait.

Preparing order.

Patiently wait.

10 mins.

Screen finally says order is ready.

Approach counter.

15 mins gone.

... Number just disappears from screen.

Staff too busy.

Ignored.

P1ss instantly boils.

P1ss evaporates.

P1ss steam shoots out of ears.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My memory. I have a £200 voucher that I can't find. I got a prepaid credit card, where it ?? I don't have a clue,.or even if I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My technique for this? Large cardboard boxes or crates. Fill them with the clutter you apparently suffer from .... VERY experienced in this am I being a clutterdemelion supreme... And sooner or later the wallet will have no choice but to SURRENDER... and you will have a tidier room.... Be methodical rather then panic and just throw things around! Oh and I can guarantee money will turn up that you did not know you had!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭Archeron

Having to present a 30 slide presentation to 12 people including my most important vendor and my boss at six pm, and then to have a massive coughing fit in the middle of it, needing to mute myself to let it pass and drink water, all while still on camera.

And this was not an ordinary coughing fit, this was something from the depths of hell that would put a medieval leprous orphan to shame.

I'm getting over a bad chest infection, but it had to pick that hour to say hello :(

I shall likely be forever known as, yer man that nearly died on a teams call.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Insomnia, only broken by an hour or two of nightmares. Then,crippling migraine the following day from lack of sleep. I'm fukked.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭65535

That only cost us the taxpayers € 5 Million and yet there are those who desire to be screwed by these 'workers'

https://www.irishtimes.com/ireland/2022/08/24/irish-water-to-be-rebranded-as-uisce-eireann/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,929 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

One of my favourite aftershaves was discontinued a couple of years ago. There was a lot of quizzical responses online as to why because though it was slightly higher end and therefore more expensive it was still pretty popular….. I’m trying to procure a bottle from a reputable retailer but Black by Bvlgari is now going for I’m seeing 165-205 euros a bottle…..

so they can keep it 😵‍💫

Post edited by Strumms on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Backhanded insults is my TA

American multinationals have internal websites and you can give thanks to people and highlight stuff. Ah you know , is meant to be motivational, American companies love this sort of thing

I received along the lines of “mike made huge progress in productivity and quality”. Ah heyor that is not praise, that’s a snide insult!

20,000 people can see on a website that I was considered slow and making errors.

Harsh 😢 I sent a respectful email asking for it to be removed. No reply. This place is toxic!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I've no sugar for my morning coffee

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

This is the sole reason why I don't tell family members if I'm applying for a job. I can't deal with the constant update requests.

TA today, so much to do I can't decide where to start. So I'll faff about on Boards for a while instead. Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was going to write that yesterday but then I thought "Don't be such a nerd!!". 😜

That American mentality of positive motivation, and inclusive vibe. It reminds me of primary school where you used to get stars for effort.

-

When I think of it my brother works for a big American multinational. And in the past he has bristled against things such as ‘happy holidays’.

• Advertisement

I was thinking earlier a gym instructor is always constantly enthusiastic and helpful. Any questions on Programs, new strategy’s no bother. She makes time and starts thinking.

Goes out of her way to be helpful and interested how everyone is getting on.

But this is the bit that annoyed me. Thought to meself she is ‘sound as a pound’.

Then realised feck it I can’t say ‘pound’can I?

Spent the last five minutes trying to make up words that rhyme with Euro. Impossible!

I moved on to ‘Cents are reasonably valuable but added together people with common sense are priceless - their sound.’

But for.feck sake try fitting that on a t-shirt! Not half as catchy as ‘Sound as a pound’

So now only one thing for it as far as I am concerned. Ireland has to leave the Euro. To bring ‘sound as a pound’ back.

Nevermind the cost economically or how awkward it will make things. ‘Sound as a Pound’ could be back as a saying.

Advertisement