Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I burnt one side of me French toast. Definitely wouldn’t last long on those cooking programmes!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Microwave instructions on my ready meal i bought. Only for ovens made after 1984 , don’t touch the sides , check its hot . Doh !

just say how long to put it in for !.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,093 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Turned on a lamp im fixing so that the light is accidentally shining on my turned off lovely Sony Bravia TV only to find that illuminated by the light, the fûckin TV screen is awash with paw/finger prints… 🙄😵‍💫⁉️

my fingers haven’t been pressed against the screen in fact they haven’t fućking touched it since the TV was procured… been a number of guests including younger family members about but no witnesses to who might have left the paw prints on my beloved TV.

I start using the screen cleaner spray and quickly stop halfway to read the manual to make sure it is ok..” no spray containing alcohol “ the instructions say…. By sheer luck the spray im using is alcohol free. Not by design or choice I can assure. Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Calling home and having to all but shout to make myself heard as the wind is shrieking..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

WARNING: Do NOT consume the container. Consuming plastic may be hazardous to your health.

...you're welcome :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

People who have no concept of time.. This job will take 5-10 minutes tops he says, 45 minutes later and i'm still stuck like a welly in the bog.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Setting out, giving myself easily ten minutes to catch the bus, and it sails by before I reach the front of the estate... At least ten minutes, but probably more, ahead of schedule. WTF!

I wonder when I should expect the next one. Bah!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Next bus arrived slightly early, not as early as the one I was originally going to catch. Oh well! I suppose at least it did turn up. Not always guaranteed anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,172 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

In a local hotel earlier for Sunday dinner with the in-laws. Can't fault the food, it was lovely. But the service was terribly slow (despite it being a quieter Sunday than usual) and the waiting staff seemed under-trained. However, the biggest TA was people having no self-awareness but to stand stock still in front of the tv screen when myself, the FIL and plenty others were trying to watch the soccer. Usually women talking shite to each other oblivious that they may be impeding the view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just now cannot think of anything that is annoying...snug abed with a cat who adores me... The night is peaceful... There is abundant food around... Yarn to knit,,, youtube if I want it. No pain...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I thought I'd try to smarten up and put on some foundation. I either look like a ghost or an Oompa Loompa. It's back to my usual weather beaten look!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm constantly told i look pale and tired. I work nights and a lot of them this winter, i'm now tired of telling people that..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"So do you, but at least I have a reason. What's yours?"

I already got given out to for being cranky so i'm easing up up the smartarse stuff 😂

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Embrace it, Gremmy. They have it coming. They can be rude to you, but if give them a taste of their own medicine, suddenly you're the rude one. Feck them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭oneweb

"Bonus duvet day" for any employee who never takes a sick day. Furk sake, this sh!t is toxic. If you're sick, take the day off. No-one's gonna thank you or even remember your stellar attendance record when you have a medical problem.

It is what it's.

It is what it's.

Three people behind the counter in an empty coffee shop, door closed. Two people in front of me open it and struggle to get anyone's attention to see if they're open. Manager's on the phone ordering supplies, one guy behind the counter making a salad, and a girl... floating.

The woman in front of me waits patiently to order, while the guy behind the counter continues to make the salad (there's no-one else in the place) and doesn't even so much as acknowledge her. Manager continues to make phone calls.

Staff who don't ask for help when there's a queue, worse still staff who see there's a queue and keep doing their floor work unless they're explicitly asked for help.

The obscene lack of either training or bollocking ('cos they generally seem to not listen, not remember or most likely, not care) of staff who don't drop what they're at (standing at checkout putting tags on clothes, doing paperwork etc..) to serve the customers without which they won't survive is astonishing.

I worked in retail for yonks and was told "your job is to look after customers, if we don't have customers, you won't have a job."

It is what it's.

Cars that slow down as they pass a cyclist... only to absolutely rev the shite out of the engine and speed off as soon as they're any way in front.

It is what it's.

• Advertisement

Posted (another annoyance in this day and age) my final bank details change form last week, two payments bounced from the previous account so I've been charged for that. Today Revolut announces they're gonna give Irish users Irish IBANs so I've to do the whole process again 🤦‍♂️

It is what it's.

The ratio between how much of our life we're on the hamster wheel to free time just isn't right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Have images on the site stopped loading for anyone else or just me? It's only some images, not all so I don't think it's my laptop that's the problem. Other sites work fine. Lets add that to the growing list of bulsh1t we're lumped with on this crock of a new site.

That I keep forgetting I have a house phone. Ringing various government agencies I inexplicably call from one of my mobiles when they're usually free from a landline .

Also I drove to town and completely forgot to do 1 of only 2 things.

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I break into a cold sweat every time I have to type the word 'plaque'.

Because for some reason my mind says 'plague'. You can imagine my worry when I email my dentist...

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Your teeth are plagued with plaque!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

That dreadful new McDonald's ad with the Oh Yeah song by Yello and all the office workers marching to McDonald's. I have to change the channel every time it comes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Fed the dog and didn’t realise I had dog food on my hand, which I inevitably rubbed onto my beard. It is beyond disgusting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,093 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’ve had a very good day but… one thing that did annoy me…..People,two people with zero sense of situational awareness…

as always on my way home I go into the shop to procure a couple of drinks… two little clowns ahead of me by the fridges after an eternity take their chosen drinks after a two to three minute grand inquest, where bottles are taken and examined, put back, others taken, examined, discussed, ingredients read, anecdotes enjoyed…a laborious process of decision making … on finally choosing they close the fridge door and remain stood in the static position blocking access to the fridge and blocking transit down the aisle…. while they chat, it’s almost amorous as they gaze into each others head holes with expressions of admiration, enjoyment, gratitude, abject dumb fućk stupidity and love.

id be just grateful and indeed love if the fellas just removed themselves from the aisle and let me get a drink, I’ve a mouth like a camel’s armpit I’m so thirsty and there is a nearby pub, bus stop, florist, supermarket, laundrette, doctors surgery and barber, where they can go, order a sandwich, some begonias, flu vaccine whatever… and be all cosy and not such a bastarding ginormous inconvenience to people… Look around you, be aware, it’s a shop, rush hour….. F Û C K I N M O V E !!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement