Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Taasimo Latte gone from 8 in a pack to 6 in a pack.

Same price of course.

I don't buy or drink that ****, but have to say its a pretty **** way of increasing prices

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Was it Amazon.com? Their packaging has gone to the dogs lately.

Not sure. Sister sent me the pic. Didn't ask where she purchased

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Picked up a free copy of the independent earlier in a hotel. Page after page of misery. Chucked it quickly in a bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,887 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

When you ask someone if they can get out X , the thing you gave them to use six weeks ago.. to be told indignantly no , I didn't get it from you, I borrowed it from someone else and gave it back to them..

Eh no , I handed it to them, wait until they eventually find it and realize they were wrong ☺️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

When someone leaves your car after a lift and uses excessive force to close door, hence slamming it.

Usual offenders and I grimace as they slam.

I have highlighted, but it seems to slip back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Getting used to cold feet in bed after the warmer than warm summer... Make that cold everything...I got the hot water bottle out of exile yestererday. It was sheer heaven being warm all the time..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Every last manjack of the people exiting the building tonight have frozen like startled deer at the sight of rain.. How does this happen over and over and over?. Like Bart and the electrified cupcake. More than a little TAed right now.

When you're chilled out on the couch and suddenly a big fly starts buzzing around the room, windows are closed so no idea where he suddenly appeared from, ffs, I'm going to have to haul myself up and sort this out, think I'll just leave the house, cba.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Unfortunately a different situation.

I used an post address Pal to get it from US to Ireland.

So when I ordered it, The seller sent it to Address depot in New Jersey so I think that's where the sellers responsibility ends.

Question is,which I'll probably never get an answer to, is was it damaged when it arrived in NJ or after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,074 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

so after my mother cancelled her flights I’m with them both for lunch today… barely a bother on my old man, up making his trifle dessert for later and generally going about relaxed, happy with life, taking calls, making calls and all the chat…way he was going on I was waiting for him to be re-admitted to hospital ffs or admitted to Rom Masseys.

so whatever the fûck was transpiring with his health it conveniently dissipated, sadly along with my mothers trip… she’s keeping a lid on things but I can see she’s gutted she was looking forward to it and needing to see her big sister after a few years… pandemic etc…. Needing a break and change of scenery too…

i can rarely say in life that I’ve been ‘not impressed’ with my Dad but this is one of these times… I’m just not.

i think I’ll be encouraging her to do what’s best for her, rest, relaxation and happiness going forward…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was away with my brother for a few days, and on one occasion he wanted to go to the nearest Costa for a coffee (because he's that way inclined). When we got there, he was told "We won't have any coffee for another 45 minutes.". I don't drink coffee but wanted to sit down for a rest, but these goons couldn't supply their main product in the early afternoon (probably 12.15pm)? Does that happen much? We had to go in search another place because my brother 'needed' his coffee, so went a-wandering in a town we're not familiar with.

Tricky one for you Strumms no doubt, and not knowing the politics of it either, I would say its probably more than a TA, but on the flip side, I've learned a few things recently personally that made me do a rethink about what I thought I knew. As well as you may know either parent, nobody knows them better than each other. I learned this recently personally when there was a very tough call to be made. We found information about my father that he himself didn't know, we were adamant we shouldn't tell him but our mother said he should know. Her feeling on the matter as Far as we were concerned trumped our opinion. She knows him better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

I knew I wasn't going crazy and that they did reduce the size.

I use kaffekapslen.ie which are far cheaper for the pods. Better range too. Irish website and all prices are in Euro.

I used pods for years. Not joking when I say I bought in Bulk.. ie black Friday I'd buy as much as I could get my hands on..usually in Dunnes for about 3 euro for packs of Americano.. but frankly, and I'm no eamon ryan, as much as I LOVE my coffee, the single use plastic pods bothered me.

I actually use a French press now and tesco finest French roast strength 5.

Liquid nicotine replacement lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

I do the same every so often, as a non tea drinker, coffee is my nicotine haha! It is a shame that the pods cannot be recycled or there was a place you can send them.

EDIT: Actually there is a shipping label you can get from the Tassimo website where you can send up to a max. 100 pods for recycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,567 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm starving. Unfortunately I'm in the office today and our ridiculously old-school (and school teacher-ish) HR person (who sits right opposite me) looks askance at anyone who attempts to take their lunch at any time other than 1-2. It's such nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

My housemate does this incredibly irritating and passive aggressive thing where after the (rare) times he cleans or tidies up he’ll do something to make sure you know. Like he’ll leave the sweeping brush out in the middle of the room after sweeping the floor. Or he’ll leave the sponge and spray on the otherwise empty kitchen counters after cleaning the surfaces. Congratulations mate, everyone else tidies up after themselves too.

It just seems so bloody childish.

He’ll be coming looking for a pat on the head every time he wipes his own arse next or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Bredabe

More of a eye roll than a ta but:

Some of the youngsters I interact with have been sent to the two different career guidance professions in their locations, the professionals seem to be fixated on the youngsters getting jobs in local but difficult to get to industries. When the youngsters point out to then that they couldn't make it on time for the jobs bc of the traffic and distances they are told to get the job and then say "I cant make it on time, can I make up the 30-45 mins at the end of the day"?

Thus wearing out the workers, annoying staff and making the HR dept feel the new worker cant be trusted.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

im being bombarded with advertising by Samsung every day about their latest Galaxy fold and flip series phones….

facebook, adds and notifications, emails, it’s borderline harassment at this stage, kindly fûck off…. Later I’m just going to unsubscribe from anything Samsung related, email, social media….leave me the feck alone thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,585 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Someone has printed out a copy of an email, taken a photo of that email, and then emailed the photo to me. I assume it's a member of our elderly community but my god. The amount of wasted effort required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Neighbours who act with faux concern about others & on the other hand will drop the same people right in it when they get the chance. Social media groups & reality is comical with these fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,741 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I'm after doing a wash and now it's spitting rain and there's no power in the shed where my dryer is.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Jaysusing GARTH BROOKS again in the national headlines.

What is it and this country's obsession with him and his insipid C&W music?

He’s a business, a clever one.

the guy has a worth according to multiple sources I’m reading of between 400-450 million dollars.

hes sold about 400,000 tickets for his upcoming Croke Park dates.

with the amount of ticket revenue, merch sales, it’s just un-fathomable how much money he’s going to make for a weeks work…81 euros a ticket…around 32 million in ticket revenue for a weeks work….a couple of million of merch too you’d guess. Ok he’s have costs but seriously, some profit for spending a week doing what you are good at and being doing for about 35-40 years…

that’s incredible….

id love to see what the GAA are charging him for the use of Croke Park… id say you’ll never find that little fact out.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,400 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

My bank are driving me to some serious homicidal thoughts!!! First they blocked my account yesterday when I tried to make a purchase and told me I can access it again in 24 hours time. When I went to try to purchase the items again they were sold out.

I found another online store and purchased three quarters of the items that I wanted. I had to find a second retailer for the remaining items and lo and behold, payment fails as the bank have decided to **** block my account again.

Apparently I am not allowed to spend my hard earned money, shower of cnuts. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

different computer... new to me... going ape trying to sort it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭Archeron

When you come across temporary traffic lights at construction on the roads.

Light goes green, traffic goes on through.

Light goes red, the first four cars to go through, ah sure it just went red, and sure aren't they're they timed to allow this.

The next two, well sure if all them went through then I should to. And I'm close enough that oncoming traffic can't start moving.

The last one to go through knows it's well past acceptable, so in the event of meeting head on traffic on a single road, speeds up considerably to get through quicker.

Recently saw an interesting one where a large double decker coach was on green, and half way through the long roadworks area, met an ambulance with beebaws that must have went through red.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Instant annoyance

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement