Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That funeral today

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66,972 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Nah I'll leave you to your hatred whilst defending murderers every day, have a good evening, I'm off for a couple of well earned pints :D

Oh, and as you know the soccer forum was open to all during the world Cup
    ;)

Which was why I was posting in it. :D

Are you sure the monarchy will survive if you are off skulking pints? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,987 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

And as I said, how does it affect your day to day life? You never say this about any other riyal family, you just jump into any thread that has the word royal or England in the title and spew hatred.

The world Cup thread was the pinnacle of that, never posted in a football thread before and suddenly is all over the England football thread salivating at the thoughts of the England fans rioting, oh how you and others were dissatisfied when they didn't.

Never seen you post after that about football, thought you would have been lambasting the French fans after they won and still rioted...I must have missed that post;)

other royal families don't have irish people fauning over them and doffing their caps.
    we don't fly irish flags at half mast for them either.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭Ckendrick

other royal families don't have irish people fauning over them and doffing their caps.
    we don't fly irish flags at half mast for them either.

Other royal families aren’t the stuff of the most over the top soap opera entertainment that puts the Kardashians in the halfpenny place. More or less non stop since 1936.
    Other royal families aren’t right next door/our nearest and dearest neighbours who have subjects who we share our island with.
    EOTR you’ll have to do better then this, your arguments are very weak.

Ckendrick wrote: »
    Other royal families aren’t the stuff of the most over the top soap opera entertainment that puts the Kardashians in the halfpenny place. More or less non stop since 1936.
    Other royal families aren’t right next door/our nearest and dearest neighbours who have subjects who we share our island with.

Mostly entitled human beings behaving decrepitly and being forgiven. Unfathomable in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Mostly entitled human beings behaving decrepitly and being forgiven. Unfathomable in this day and age.

Behaving decrepitly?

Who, when?

The Queen, for example, who is the head of the family has served her peoe and country impeccably for 70 years..

Easy to come with your lame sentence here when speaking about a family who have the eyes of the world on them non stop.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Behaving decrepitly?

Who, when?

The Queen, for example, who is the head of the family has served her peoe and country impeccably for 70 years..

Easy to come with your lame sentence here when speaking about a family who have the eyes of the world on them non stop.

I don't think the Queen behaving herself is what they meant when they said 'the most over the top soap opera entertainment that puts the Kardashians in the halfpenny place. More or less non stop since 1936'.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,987 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

the fact this particular royal family is next door is meaningless in terms of whether we should pander to it or not.
    same with the fact we share an island with people who call themselves british but who, when we really get down to it, aren't even saw as such by plenty in the country they identify as being from.
    i completely get being interested in them from an entertainment perspective however, but as a country we have no business showing any pandering or respect to it as an institution.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

the fact this particular royal family is next door is meaningless in terms of whether we should pander to it or not.
    same with the fact we share an island with people who call themselves british but who, when we really get down to it, aren't even saw as such by plenty in the country they identify as being from.
    i completely get being interested in them from an entertainment perspective however, but as a country we have no business showing any pandering or respect to it as an institution.

We share an island with people who are free to define themselves and call themselves whatever they wish to.
    you seem to assume that you know better then those people, who they are.
    A very bigoted attitude.

bubblypop wrote: »
    We share an island with people who are free to define themselves and call themselves whatever they wish to.
    you seem to assume that you know better then those people, who they are.
    A very bigoted attitude.

We 'want' to share the island might be a better more respectful way to put it. More respectful to those Irish people who haven't exactly been let share, that is.

Yeah it’s like SF getting away with going to that IRA creeps funeral and giving the two fingers to everyone in the north who was bereaved during the lockdown. Big pretendy burial in a graveyard all for show included.
    The most entitled, priveleged bunch of decrepit human beings you’ll ever come across.
    Yeah, you’re right. It’s a bit like that.

• Advertisement

To be honest lack of mutual respect was shown up to be a fossil of the past when 30,000 people lined the streets of Cork to welcome the British Queen
    Similarly the milestone when the late Martin McGuinness first met her
    People have moved on
    A tiny minority haven't

To be honest lack of mutual respect was shown up to be a fossil of the past when 30,000 people lined the streets of Cork to welcome the British Queen
    Similarly the milestone when late Martin McGuinness first met her
    People have moved on
    A tiny minority haven't

I can’t imagine how francies head didn’t explode with indignation when he saw that on the news that evening.
    It must have been some epic tantrum that evening.

Yeah it’s like SF getting away with going to that IRA creeps funeral and giving the two fingers to everyone in the north who was bereaved during the lockdown. Big pretendy burial in a graveyard all for show included.
    The most entitled, priveleged bunch of decrepit human beings you’ll ever come across.
    Yeah, you’re right. It’s a bit like that.

They weren't born into entitlement...quite the difference.

And all this talk of 'moving on', the GFA whom the person being buried signed up to and who by all accounts from his community worked to advance, is 24 years old.

I can’t imagine how francies head didn’t explode with indignation when he saw that on the news that evening.
    It must have been some epic tantrum that evening.

I thought it was two people living up to their commitments in a peace deal actually.

I have no issue with sending the queen condolences and respect by the way.

Advertisement