Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you don't like that everybody else does.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,817 ✭✭✭appledrop

Eggs.. in all forms. A food concocted by Satan himself.

Snap, I'm with you and people look at you as if your mad when you say it!

o1s1n wrote: »
    Another avacado hater here, it's more the texture for me, I hate mushy food!

Yep it's everything about if for me, taste , texture the look of it, like mushed up puke.

It's disgusting and gas thing is it's really high in fat, yet health brigade think it's best thing ever.

Yes I know healthy fats but even so too much of it and you would pile on pounds like anything else.

Making Theatre Operas out of Large Scale Disasters / Tragedis, that the Irish Theatre going market can't get enough of.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Getting a pedicure. Tried it once and hated it yet every single other woman I know thinks they are amazing. Seriously boring and doesn’t feel good and sure I could paint the nails myself.

GarIT wrote: »
    Dogs, or pets in general. They're dirty why would you want that in your house.

I'm with you on this one. Can't for the life of me understand how people think its OK to have an animal in your house. Even worse when in people bedrooms!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,842 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

appledrop wrote: »
    Even worse when in people bedrooms!

I cannot understand why a grown adult would allow pets on or in their beds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Zaph wrote: »
    Mayonnaise and ketchup. Put either on my food and it'll be uneaten food.

couldnt agree more

• Registered Users Posts: 13,508 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Those bakery programmes. I couldn't give a ####

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭sporina

Archeron wrote: »

So what do you not like that makes other people think you might be from another planet?
    YellowLead wrote: »
    To be fair if it was only things that everybody else loves except the poster it would be a pretty much empty thread - people aren’t that unique :)

as OP said above.. and i don't think it would be empty - prob not as long.. but at least it would be concise.. ;)

However, a dislike of Tea, coffee, eggs, spuds, chocolate, pubs, beer, dressing gowns, dogs, travelling etc are all v apt..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Guinness, I’ve tried multiple times to get a taste for it but can’t stomach it. The pints look lovely but it tastes bitter to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Guinness, I’ve tried multiple times to get a taste for it but can’t stomach it. The pints look lovely but it tastes bitter to me

Try o haras it’s real stout as it should taste

(It’s ****ing disgusting)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

0lddog wrote: »
    How are you with other fowl - turkey, duck, goose etc ?

Guess I'm alone in having no desire to encounter : tripe, brains & sweetbreads :eek:

No don’t eat the either, tripe, brains sounds disgusting too

• Registered Users Posts: 30,295 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know a good few lads who drink it to be sort of cool or something. They obviously don't enjoy it or the trips to the bathroom after words.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭careful_now

Snapchat

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭lausp

Dogs

Sh1t everywhere. Stink. Shed hair all over the place.

I get they can be good company for some people but they just aren't for me. I don't get how some owners don't see a problem with their dog sh1tting out on a walk and then letting it up on the couch when they get back..

Foodwise:

Ketchup
    Currants/Raisins
    Peppers

The food ones can be annoying.

Most takeaways throw ketchup on burgers so you need to ask for it without.

Raisins stuffed into baked goods without you realising, can be hard to get museli or granola without them too.

Similarly with peppers, usually need to ask for meals without them when out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

lausp wrote: »
    Dogs

I get they can be good company for some people but they just aren't for me. I don't get how some owners don't see a problem with their dog sh1tting out on a walk and then letting it up on the couch when they get back..

Foodwise:

Ketchup
    Currants/Raisins
    Peppers

Raisins stuffed into baked goods without you realising, can be hard to get museli or granola without them too.

Irish chippers fill the bag pour in the vinegar and as it’s pouring in “ ya want vinegar with that?”

Irish chippers fill the bag pour in the vinegar and as it’s pouring in “ ya want vinegar with that?”

Even if you want the salt and vinegar, a lot of them show it to the top of the bag and maybe 10 chips get a bit and none on the rest...

Even if you want the salt and vinegar, a lot of them show it to the top of the bag and maybe 10 chips get a bit and none on the rest...

Yes! Years ago chips would get a lovely dousing. Now even if I ask for lots of vinegar you still get a tiny bit on the first few chips. It’s a devastation.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭purplefields

Michael D Higgins. Pompous little man with a vicious temper and a very high opinion of himself.

I'm beginning to believe that more people don't like him than do.

I've never even heard him speak (yep - I've no TV) and know very little about him. However, I've seen pictures of him signing stuff and know about that case where someone called him disparaging words - and for some reason there was a problem with that.

I just have a notion of someone who writes crap poetry, probably in Irish, and because of that others fawn over him. Little 'real' intelligence. Emperor's new clothes style situation.

I'm beginning to believe that more people don't like him than do.

I've never even heard him speak (yep - I've no TV) and know very little about him. However, I've seen pictures of him signing stuff and know about that case where someone called him disparaging words - and for some reason there was a problem with that.

I just have a notion of someone who writes crap poetry, probably in Irish, and because of that others fawn over him. Little 'real' intelligence. Emperor's new clothes style situation.

He’s got a super annoying voice which really creeps me out, like something out of one of those evil leprechaun movies - though that’s not his fault!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Dogs

Foodwise:

Ketchup
    Currants/Raisins
    Peppers

I'm not a dog person. But dogs are lovely. As for sh1tting everywhere and shedding....they don't. a well fed and well trained hound will be regular and take a dump on his/her afternoon/evening walk. If a dog is leaving hairs all over the camp then the diet is not the best but also the dog needs to be brushed. Once a week should do it.

A well fed Irish wolfhound will not shed a hair on the carpet whereas a poorly fed Jack Russel will leave the carpet looking like Santa was shaved there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,066 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Eggs - Satan's ovaries
    Television - haven't had one for 12 years, a joy.
    Rugby
    Dogs, actually pets in general
    Bruce Springsteen - Godawful mumbly crap

I'm not a dog person. But dogs are lovely. As for sh1tting everywhere and shedding....they don't. a well fed and well trained hound will be regular and take a dump on his/her afternoon/evening walk. If a dog is leaving hairs all over the camp then the diet is not the best but also the dog needs to be brushed. Once a week should do it.

A well fed Irish wolfhound will not shed a hair on the carpet whereas a poorly fed Jack Russel will leave the carpet looking like Santa was shaved there.

Shared a house once and one of the girls had this massive (for the size of the house) golden retriever.
    There was an absolute bang of dog off the house...pheehew..the thing stank to high heaven. It had a delicate stomach and it puked and shat inside in the kitchen on occasion. It sat inside all day alone while she was at work, thought that was a bit cruel to leave a dog cooped up inside for hours on end. It left a mattress load of hair after it too. Never ever would I want to keep a dog under these conditions.

Well, from dog owners I know, their dogs very regularly leave "presents" in the garden lawn. Let's not even get in to owners not picking up the sh1t of the "well trained" ones from the footpaths and park trails. We've had 2 family members have the misfortune of stepping in dog crap in the last 2 weeks. What about taking a dump on the walk and owners allowing the dog up on furniture after.

My experience of most dogs is that they always shed hair. I have seen someone brush their dog - in a public park and left a massive mess on the grass.

Most of these are the dog owners fault of course.. but it's still the dog making all this mess.
    Shared a house once and one of the girls had this massive (for the size of the house) golden retriever.
    There was an absolute bang of dog off the house...pheehew..the thing stank to high heaven. It had a delicate stomach and it puked and shat inside in the kitchen on occasion. It sat inside all day alone while she was at work, thought that was a bit cruel to leave a dog cooped up inside for hours on end. It left a mattress load of hair after it too. Never ever would I want to keep a dog under these conditions.

Might be an unpopular opinion but I firmly believe that many people who live in urban houses with small gardens, and the house occupants are not present all day should not be allowed to have a dog.

I agree with you too, no matter how clean a house is, if they have a dog it always stinks of it.

You always have the militant dog owners who follow the rules, always pick up the sh1t, train their dogs really well so they don't jump on people, don't bark all day, and defend dogs to the last. But in this country my experience is that the majority of dog owners are not like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Binge drinking. The hangovers alone are enough to put me off. I enjoy a few drinks but never enjoyed getting plastered.

Might be an unpopular opinion but I firmly believe that many people who live in urban houses with small gardens, and the house occupants are not present all day should not be allowed to have a dog.

I agree with you too, no matter how clean a house is, if they have a dog it always stinks of it.

You always have the militant dog owners who follow the rules, always pick up the sh1t, train their dogs really well so they don't jump on people, don't bark all day, and defend dogs to the last. But in this country my experience is that the majority of dog owners are not like that.

This retriever absolutely honked, I think it built up grease in its hair if it wasn't washed often enough.
    We once had a border collie and it never smelt anywhere as bad as that. Just a faint background dog smell, not one that hit you over the head and kicked you in the balls when you opened the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭sporina

moonage wrote: »

lol...

yes that scene would give you the FEAR..

OMG ... bang on.. (one of my fav movies btw)

Andy Warhol said everyone wants their 15 minutes of FAME.

I'll say no to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mojo Hand

Christmas.
    The greatest pain in the arse. I wish I could go to Tahiti or somewhere like that from the week before that pukefest ‘The Late Late Toy Show’ until around the 10th January when the brats are gone back to school. (on a normal year of course).
    I love that woman that told Pat Kenny to send her on the money and shove his tickets. The face on him.

• Advertisement

Forgot, the modern Late Late Toy Show.

Advertisement