Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you don't like that everybody else does.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,753 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Hmmm. Then can you explain the persistence of a chunky layer of marzipan on Christmas cakes, how people will pass a plate of mince pies at a gathering and despite them being little nuggets of vileness they will tell you go on, have one, they're absolutely gorgeous and, worst of all, how is it that everyone who piles back into the car with you after the post-outing takeaway will invariably have their chips drenched in that devil's p1ss called vinegar?

Weirdness is a lot more prevalent than one might suspect.

Ugh mince pies. A chunk of tarmac enclosed in pastry.
    Hate the taste of vinegar too, in anything

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Easy singles - puke flavoured plastic, NOT cheese.

Ugh mince pies. A chunk of tarmac enclosed in pastry.
    Hate the taste of vinegar too, in anything

Funny enough I love home-made balsamic or cider vinegar dressings.
    But white vinegar's only potential goodness is that when combined with baking soda it makes a powerful cleansing agent for drains, washing machines, toilets etc. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

On a thread entitled "Things you don't like that everybody else does" there's an awful lot of people not liking the same thing! :pac:

And one glaring absence (apart from my obvious soulmate BrenMar): pubs. An utterly pointless waste of time and money. Even when there's a good (live music) session going on in the corner, you can't really appreciate it because of the heathens bellowing at each other on the other side of the room.

Hmmm. Then can you explain the persistence of a chunky layer of marzipan on Christmas cakes, how people will pass a plate of mince pies at a gathering and despite them being little nuggets of vileness they will tell you go on, have one, they're absolutely gorgeous and, worst of all, how is it that everyone who piles back into the car with you after the post-outing takeaway will invariably have their chips drenched in that devil's p1ss called vinegar?

That is all dying out. My feeling is that in 1850 if you never had anything sweet then marzipan was to die for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Social media, especially the newer Instagram, Snapchat and TikTok nonsense.

Eh, boards.ie is a form of social media, but I’m with you on everything else, can’t stand Facebook, LinkedIn Instagram, Twitter etc

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

Two-Day Weddings-oh please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

No I mean I do _not_ own one and have not for more than 15 years. And this seems to freak some people out for - reasons

It's especially annoying that the government and rte do not believe that people like you exist

People who don’t own a TV are the original vegans.

It’s not just a lifestyle choice; it’s also something used to bore the tits off people.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I don’t like ‘viral videos’

Very few of them are worth watching and I avoid talking or interacting with people who think it’s a fun thing to show me a ‘funny video’

I don’t think that guy drinking 5 gallons of ice cold coke is funny and I do not want to watch it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    strawberries
    apples
    cheese
    tomatoes
    whiskey
    vodka

actually any shorts you can pour

Found the jelly shots fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

People who don’t own a TV are the original vegans.

It’s not just a lifestyle choice; it’s also something used to bore the tits off people.

How do you know the guy at a party that doesn’t have tv ?

He’ll tell you

Guinness
    Sean & Kirk in Corrie

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Krispy Kreme donuts.

And I don't think I like the people that like Krispy Kreme donuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

sadie1502 wrote: »
    Onions. Horrble weird looking crunchy smelly balls. Hate them. Looking at them gives me the creeps.

I love onions, but I thanked your post anyway because it made me laugh out loud! :D

I hate boiled potatoes (in their jackets) which makes me a pariah at family dinners.
    I despise nightclubs but love gigs.
    Sun holidays but I love city breaks and walking holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

On a thread entitled "Things you don't like that everybody else does" there's an awful lot of people not liking the same thing! :pac:

And one glaring absence (apart from my obvious soulmate BrenMar): pubs. An utterly pointless waste of time and money. Even when there's a good (live music) session going on in the corner, you can't really appreciate it because of the heathens bellowing at each other on the other side of the room.

@isha - not really sure why your asking me but anyway.. my point is, you dislike a lot of things that lots of people dislike.. lots of people dislike marzipan, vinegar, mince pies, kefir, brandy, pickles, sugar puffs etc.. thats not what the thread is about.. see CelticRambler's post above! its about things you dislike that EVERYBODY ELSE LIKES!!! Get it?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭YellowLead

sporina wrote: »
    @isha - not really sure why your asking me but anyway.. my point is, you dislike a lot of things that lots of people dislike.. lots of people dislike marzipan, vinegar, mince pies, kefir, brandy, pickles, sugar puffs etc.. thats not what the thread is about.. see CelticRambler's post above! its about things you dislike that EVERYBODY ELSE LIKES!!! Get it?:P

To be fair if it was only things that everybody else loves except the poster it would be a pretty much empty thread - people aren’t that unique :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Cats and dogs

Hate the taste of them

They just told me they reciprocate! YUKKK was the bark and miao! YUKKK

For me? Tomatoes. The texture. Not keen on goosegogs either.. Anything with vinegar.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 VertBlue

Two-Day Weddings-oh please!!

And two-night stags!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

humberklog wrote:
    A small back garden in a semi-d with too many people for too few tables and seating, awkward paper plates and plastic forks and cheap-skate food badly cooked, beers from a tin, "funny" aprons and someone's granny that needs looking after.

Any BBQ I was ever at was in a big garden, lots of space to move around, good seating, quality food well cooked, beer from an ice cold glass, only a few people there and no old granny. If they were the way you described I'd hate them too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Branston pickle.
    Most relishes.
    Vinegar on chips.
    Salt and vinegar crisps.
    Tomato ketchup.
    Mayonnaise. Although coleslaw is nice.
    The smell of cooking meat.
    Frosties, sugar puffs, all those cereals - vile.
    Marzipan on Christmas cakes - why?
    Mince pies - Cheesus...
    Kefir.
    Brandy.
    Caffeine.

I love avocado. Every vegetable and fruit. Except for glace cherries in cake which are beyond disgusting.

There's more. But sure lookit.

Not a huge fan of mango. I t's a tricky one. I like the smell, I like mango juice, I like mango in little blocks if it's very "al dente". But if it's slimy I'll throw up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Chicken (food)

I absolutely detest chicken and people look strange at you when you tell them you don’t eat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭eggy81

Being active.

French onion soup is the king of soup.

You sir, are a man who is no stranger to the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Siracha. I find it too garlicy or something, I love hot sauces but I don't like this.

Wibbs wrote: »
    I'm 100% Jackeen, generations going back to the 18th century and even a Pale dweller like me got the food horn for your description. I'm drooling here you bollex :D

I'm a jackeen myself but summer holidays always had a few weeks down on my granny's farm in Caark. August was best. Hottest time of the year back in the day. Raspberries and blackberries everywhere.

One thing I dislike that many others love is trad music and/or a trad session in a pub. To me it's this neverending cacophony of random, tuneless, structureless nonsense. The only good thing about it is that it allows you to strike up a conversation with the nice tourist women who are thoroughly enjoying this musical diarrhoea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Autosport wrote: »
    Chicken (food)

I absolutely detest chicken and people look strange at you when you tell them you don’t eat it.

How are you with other fowl - turkey, duck, goose etc ?

Guess I'm alone in having no desire to encounter : tripe, brains & sweetbreads :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

One thing I dislike that many others loves is trad music and/or a trad session in a pub. To me it's this neverending cacophony of random, tuneless, structureless nonsense.
    This! Outside of the occasional unaccompanied uilleann pipe solo I could never get into Irish trad at all. I find it very repetitive and samey and one tune sounds like every other tune.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,753 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Wibbs wrote: »
    This! Outside of the occasional unaccompanied uilleann pipe solo I could never get into Irish trad at all. I find it very repetitive and samey and one tune sounds like every other tune.

Don't mind the music so much, but hate the weird child beauty pageant that is the dancing, eye melting luminous "traditional" costumes and ridiculous wigs.

Advertisement