Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you don't like that everybody else does.

Options

Comments

The entire onion family is a marvel. Leeks, Onions, Shallots, Garlic, Chives, Scallions.

Give me Sophia Loren naked in a gently warm cauldron or onion soup and I'll show you what Italians like.

French onion soup is the king of soup.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Antares35 wrote: »
    And the giving rather than receiving :)

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭BrenMar

Pubs and alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Spuds are pretty shyte though. Unless they're roasted or fried until they have a caramelised outer layer, they're usually shyte. Not a good national vegetable and we tend to just boil them like it was 1840. I wouldn't miss spuds if they disappeared either.

Au contraire, mon ami. When you are hungry, everything is good.

A drowsy saturday on the farm. Everyone is away. Cats crashed out in the shade. Just you and your Granny...all chores done, and radio on.

French exchange student from down the road rocks up with a bag of new potatotes the size of golf balls at best.

In the boil they go and are done quickly. With salt, butter and a little milk.......oh and the tea.

Biscuits afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,753 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Wax Museums.
    Unless they are really crap and unintentionally funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

Faolchu wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:I think that may have been a tad undercooked it the fish was screaming at you

ha ha nice one..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Archeron

Wax Museums.

I went to the one in Amsterdam and for some reason Ghandi had melted.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Spiderman0081

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Marzipan

Hate with a passion
    It tasted like fairy liquid

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Au contraire, mon ami. When you are hungry, everything is good.

A drowsy saturday on the farm. Everyone is away. Cats crashed out in the shade. Just you and your Granny...all chores done, and radio on.

French exchange student from down the road rocks up with a bag of new potatotes the size of golf balls at best.

In the boil they go and are done quickly. With salt, butter and a little milk.......oh and the tea.

Biscuits afterwards.
    I'm 100% Jackeen, generations going back to the 18th century and even a Pale dweller like me got the food horn for your description. I'm drooling here you bollex :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Wax Museums.

That’s Dublin

• Advertisement

YellowLead wrote: »
    In full agreement on the marzipan. Funnily enough I don’t think I've let anyone who actually likes it!
    Nothing worse than getting a marzipan sweet unbeknownst to you out of a box of chocolates...

I do however like Turkish delight...

I love marzipan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭moonage

sporina wrote: »
    OMG - even reading your post disturbed me :eek:
    I dunno where I got my issue from.. think I did see a scene on TV once though of someone biting into a fried egg sandwich and the yolk squired out onto the person sitting across from them :eek.. but I dunno.. mayb that's just my fear creating that scenario.. :eek:

I could eat a pizza but I think they are highly overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Will kindly take donation of all your marzipan, i love it.

I hate eggs in their scrambles,fried, boiled etc states. Can eat them in baking and pancakes etc but no thanks otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Napoleon Dynamite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Extra user.

Cats and dogs

Hate the taste of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

batch loaf - I mean, if I was given it I would eat it, it's fine. I just don't get the fuss about it - seems like a slightly doughier version of white bread to me, tbh.

I'm not really a fan of IPAs, I often find the hops overpowering - tastes like grass. I'd much rather drink a bland, run-of-the-mill lager than an IPA with some over-powering flavours going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Tomatoes.

And sloppy foods :

lasagnes to look at
    currys to look at

and macaroni cheese to do anything with.

revolting.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tea, coffee and room temperature over 20 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 59,555 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

Any cake or bread containing raisins or currants- barmbrack, Christmas cake, Christmas pudding, porter cake, fruit scones etc.
    Nope, no can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Michael D Higgins. Pompous little man with a vicious temper and a very high opinion of himself.

Yes!!

Thought I was the only 1 who disliked the little twerp and his stupid "poetic" persona

tupenny wrote: »
    Yes!!

Thought I was the only 1 who disliked the little twerp and his stupid "poetic" persona

you hear of more not liking him of late alright, personally he doenst bother me but i dont hear about him much.

I dont like soccer (or more so dont care less about it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Extra user.

tupenny wrote: »
    Yes!!

80 years old today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Michael D Higgins. Pompous little man with a vicious temper and a very high opinion of himself.

Imagine landing in Dublin airport and the first 2 people you meet are him and Míháúul Ó Múúrachóú having a full blown chat... Shirrrr yiddddd jump back on d plane ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Potatoes.. I don’t like potatoes. My mother in law thinks I’m mentally deficient because of it. Floury potatoes are just horrible, I dread eating somewhere and floury potatoes are produced and everyone thinks it great and I know I’m going to have to mash them into something else on the plate to hide them ...
    also runny or soft eggs make me shudder.. I like an egg but has to be hard

gogo wrote: »
    Potatoes.. I don’t like potatoes. My mother in law thinks I’m mentally deficient because of it. Floury potatoes are just horrible, I dread eating somewhere and floury potatoes are produced and everyone thinks it great and I know I’m going to have to mash them into something else on the plate to hide them ...
    also runny or soft eggs make me shudder.. I like an egg but has to be hard

For a long time i couldnt eat a potato and im not fond of white foods in general including eggs. I wonder is there a link between all those

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Travelling.

Everything about it.

Hate flying. Then when you land switching to coaches, trains or taxi's.
    Dragging a suitcase around at different points in the day. The waiting around, the rushing. It's exhausting, it's not fun.

Even packing my bag. Not being able to take all my 'stuff' with me. Thinking I've everything I need but there's still something I wish I'd have brought.

Sleeping in a bed that god knows who's been in it before me.

Not knowing my surroundings makes me feel very uncomfortable too.

It's weird to say I hate going on a holiday. I'll use every excuse under the sun to get out it.
    There are some places I think I'd like to go to, but then when I think about the stress it will cause me getting there, I'm happy for others to go and them tell me all about the great time they had.

I'm even cute enough now to send the kiddo's on holiday with family while I stay at home :cool:

“Oh you drink Guinness you should try oharas it’s definitely the closest thing to real stout”

Drinks mouthful

Uggggghhhhhhhh

Regarding food this thread is fascinating, and I must show it to my dietician relation as there’s a wealth of information here

• Advertisement

sporina wrote: »
    there's lots on your list that a lot of people don't like tbh..

Hmmm. Then can you explain the persistence of a chunky layer of marzipan on Christmas cakes, how people will pass a plate of mince pies at a gathering and despite them being little nuggets of vileness they will tell you go on, have one, they're absolutely gorgeous and, worst of all, how is it that everyone who piles back into the car with you after the post-outing takeaway will invariably have their chips drenched in that devil's p1ss called vinegar?

Weirdness is a lot more prevalent than one might suspect.

Advertisement