Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you don't like that everybody else does.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Its probably been mentioned many times before but i'm not reading through 19 pages to check...GAA and everything to do with GAA from the game, the organisation, the jerseys etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Soccer... absolute shower of ****ehawks who play and support teams in the U.K.
    Footballers are a shower of self-serving glory hunters.
    It’s not a beautiful game 90% of the time it’s pure showboating dross.
    The game and the organisation behind it on this island is a joke.
    An embarrassment to the nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Kit kats
    Vomit.
    Sauces of any kind. I like my food bland and feckin boring.

Kitkats used to be way nicer. Muck now

• Registered Users Posts: 2 intp1990

Working a 9-5 job. I'm not against the idea of work and having to earn a living, but I just can't motivate myself to care enough about any company to the extent that I sacrifice that much of my time for them to give me money. I actually admire people who can do it because they probably earn more than I do as a freelancer in self-employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭sporina

Cheese and Onion crisps

ditto... even the smell of them - yuk...

when I was at school there was a girl in my class who use to frequently tuck into a packet of them at 8.30am - OMG - I use to have to discretely move as far away from her as possible,.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Its probably been mentioned many times before but i'm not reading through 19 pages to check...GAA and everything to do with GAA from the game, the organisation, the jerseys etc etc

I grew up around the inner circle of the GAA and it was grand but found the local gaa to be a very toxic environment and promoted alcoholism more so than athleticism, absolutely vile people. Not sure if that’s a wider opinion or Just me . In fact they’d be the people most likely never to leave the village:)

Paying more solely and no other reason for the brand like Apple, iPhone, Playstation 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭FrankN1

Brand name clothing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Babies & children. I used to say I hate them but it's a bit of a strong word. So I greatly dislike them.

GAA and professional work jargon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Stairway to heaven what a load of nonsense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bunny_mac

DodoDojo wrote: »
    When it's sunny and hot in Ireland.

ME TOO! I honestly thought I was alone.

bunny_mac wrote: »

We are few, but we exist.

Even when there's a good (live music) session going on in the corner, you can't really appreciate it because of the heathens bellowing at each other on the other side of the room.

That's why I stopped going to gigs. Half the people there always seemed to be more interested in drinking and talking to their friends... which you can do any night of the week in a pub. Could never understand why someone would fork out a sometimes considerable amount of money to then not even listen to the music.

We are few, but we exist.

Wait... you don't like summer OR children? I think I'm in love with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

That's why I stopped going to gigs. Half the people there always seemed to be more interested in drinking and talking to their friends... which you can do any night of the week in a pub. Could never understand why someone would fork out a sometimes considerable amount of money to then not even listen to the music.

I witnessed this at the last Paul Simon gig in the RDS. A couple of women saw me shooting a dirty look their way while they were yapping loudly. One said to me "sorry, you're really into your music aren't you"?
    Well, yes. I'd paid over €100 for the ticket! Not to mention transport, accommodation, food, drinks etc!
    The older "Wans" were sloshed on gins before PS even came on.

I was at a Lloyd Cole gig in Triskel Christchurch a few years ago and some people in the gallery were chatting while he was playing. It's a lovely, small intimate venue so it was very obvious. He finished his song, looked up at them and said "Sorry, am I interrupting you?" :D

People who have to speak or ask a question at any meeting so they look like they are interacting and being seen by management. No matter what the question is or how little they want to know the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

Jeans. Hate jeans, they’re wildly uncomfortable and they look terrible. I wear chinos or suits if I’m smart casual.

Wait... you don't like summer OR children? I think I'm in love with you.

An ever rarer breed! But I am ginger...

same here - happy with a blue sky, about 23 degrees and a light breeze.. don't like it any hotter.. I don't do sun holidays for that reason either

• Advertisement

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I was at a Lloyd Cole gig in Triskel Christchurch a few years ago and some people in the gallery were chatting while he was playing. It's a lovely, small intimate venue so it was very obvious. He finished his song, looked up at them and said "Sorry, am I interrupting you?" :D

I wish there was more of this!

Dislike all those TV shows - looking for talent, like Pop Stars/Idols etc.. and Dancing with Stars,. etc.. they make me cringe..

Again, I have to keep my mouth shut at work about this though cos on breaks they are often the hot topic of conversation

sporina wrote: »
    same here - happy with a blue sky, about 23 degrees and a light breeze.. don't like it any hotter.. I don't do sun holidays for that reason either

23 degrees is too hot for me! Give me blue skies and bollock-freezing cold and I'm a happy camper. My best holiday ever was doing the Trans-Siberian in December. -25 degrees, so cold my eyelashes froze.

An ever rarer breed! But I am ginger...

As long as your eyelashes aren't ginger I can work with that...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Links to Instagram profiles on dating apps...vomit, good way to filter out people however....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Archeron

The beach in Ireland. Stupid sand gets everywhere, you can't eat in peace, a wind will blind you, sharp stones and shells all the way to the sea which is filled with jellyfish monsters and big sticky seaweed fingers. Even the grass that grows there is sharp enough to cut a toe off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭growleaves

YellowLead wrote: »
    Links to Instagram profiles on dating apps...vomit, good way to filter out people however....

:eek: You're not on the 'gram?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

nj27 wrote: »
    Jeans. Hate jeans, they’re wildly uncomfortable and they look terrible. I wear chinos or suits if I’m smart casual.

They don't last pissing time before ripping these days and take an eternity to dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

i hate summer... for selfish reasons.

beaches and parks in ireland get too busy in summer
    it gets too hot... sweat
    neighbours playing music and shouting outside (yeah i know im a lovely great laugh)
    pictures of people in portobello, outside the barge drinking makes me jealous
    expectation that i need to be out enjoying the weather with the masses at summer concerts etc

• Advertisement

As long as your eyelashes aren't ginger I can work with that...

So close.... Story of my life!

Advertisement